+ Reply to Thread
Page 503 of 562 FirstFirst ... 3403453493501502503504505513553 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,030 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    If he goes to a press man team where he can put his hands on receivers he can be really good not sure he we do well on the Giants who dont do much of that. College u can get away with a lot more contact
    Yea, scheme will be important for him. He could fit as a cover 2 corner too. He does tackle well and he is very physical.

I dont think he would be a great fit for the giants though, at least not with the defense they currently run. Lots of C3, which I think will highlight his weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Yea, scheme will be important for him. He could fit as a cover 2 corner too. He does tackle well and he is very physical.

I dont think he would be a great fit for the giants though, at least not with the defense they currently run. Lots of C3, which I think will highlight his weaknesses.
    I do not agree. While Rhodes does play man very well, he has not suffered at all in zone. Remember, FSU is without their Dcoordinator this game who left for Kentucky. Tonight they are running almost all man and might give the impression that is all they have done all year, that isnt true. They have played man AND zone this year and Rhodes has thrived in both. He is a more natural press corner though.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 01-02-2013 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I do not agree. While Rhodes does play man very well, he has not suffered at all in zone. Remember, FSU is without their Dcoordinator this game who left for Kentucky. Tonight they are running almost all man and might give the impression that is all they have done all year, that isnt true. They have played man AND zone all year and Rhodes has thrived in both.
    Yea, in college, where he doesnt face the speed he will in the NFL, and he is able to get away with much more grabbing.

And not all zone is created equal. C2 he would be great. C3 not so much.

Yea, in college, where he doesnt face the speed he will in the NFL, and he is able to get away with much more grabbing.

And not all zone is created equal. C2 he would be great. C3 not so much.
    I was wrong Stoops did coach this game, I thoght he wasnt.

But still, they have run a lot more zone than this year than they did tonight.

And the Giants selected Prince, a physical press cover guy in college just like Rhodes who dominates WRs early in the route and is a physical tackler in run support. So I dont see how he isnt our type of guy.

GMs covet college corners with man skills since that is the hardest thing to learn. There is a reason teams that play Press coverage put a lot of corners into the NFL.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 01-02-2013 at 01:48 AM.

I was wrong Stoops did coach this game, I thoght he wasnt.

But still, they have run a lot more zone than this year than they did tonight.

And the Giants selected Prince, a physical press cover guy in college just like Rhodes who dominates WRs early in the route and is a physical tackler in run support. So I dont see how he isnt our type of guy.

GMs covet college corners with man skills since that is the hardest thing to learn. There is a reason teams that play Press coverage put a lot of corners into the NFL.
    Prince also ran sub 4.4. Had he run a mid 4.5, like I expect Rhodes to run, its a different ball game.

Prince also ran sub 4.4. Had he run a mid 4.5, like I expect Rhodes to run, its a different ball game.
    No , it isnt. they are very similar prospects with almost identical skillsets coming out of college. You say we wouldnt draft 1 based on his skillset, yet we have already by drafting the other.

So now it ia about 40 time? Which btw, hasnt even been run yet. Nobody knows what Rhodes will run right now. Remember, prior to the combine people questioned Prince's speed. We will know more when we see what Rhodes runs. If anything I think Rhodes is a better prospect coming out that Prince was, but his past knee surgery will likely have him fall to the later part of the 1st as it adds risk to him as a prospect.

No , it isnt. they are very similar prospects with almost identical skillsets coming out of college. You say we wouldnt draft 1 based on his skillset, yet we have already by drafting the other.
    I dont think they are similar, other than they are both over 6' and both play a lot in man coverage.

Prince is much looser in the hips and runs better. Rhodes is more physical, more of a hitter but does not turn as easily as Prince, and doesnt have as good recovery speed.

Rhodes may have the upside of a Richard Sherman type, but he will need to learn to be as good with the grabbing and getting away with it. Thats how the heavier CBs without great speed are going to survive in the NFL.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 01-02-2013 at 02:10 AM.

I dont think they are similar, other than they are both over 6' and both play a lot in man coverage.

Prince is much looser in the hips and runs better. Rhodes is more physical, more of a hitter but does not turn as easily as Prince, and doesnt have as good recovery speed.
    Rhodes is bigger at 6'1 217 than Prince. You have no idea of his speed until the combine.

He has been as dominant as any college corner over the last couple years. He has shut down some pretty big name guys.

Rhodes is bigger at 6'1 217 than Prince. You have no idea of his speed until the combine.

He has been as dominant as any college corner over the last couple years. He has shut down some pretty big name guys.
    I know Rhodes is bigger. By perhaps 2" and 10 or so pounds. But that is not inherently a positive.

And I'm basing his speed on how I see him play. He grabs a lot instead of just running with guys. To me that shows he doesn't have great speed.

As far as shutting guys down in college. That's all well and good. But CBs get away with a lot more in college. And they don't have to spend as much time isolated against exceptionally fast receivers.

So now it ia about 40 time? Which btw, hasnt even been run yet. Nobody knows what Rhodes will run right now. Remember, prior to the combine people questioned Prince's speed. We will know more when we see what Rhodes runs. If anything I think Rhodes is a better prospect coming out that Prince was, but his past knee surgery will likely have him fall to the later part of the 1st as it adds risk to him as a prospect.
    Yeah I disagree that they are very similar Prince has a lot looser hips than Rhodes. Rhodes is more physical,better press man corner.

+ Reply to Thread