+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 562 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151551 ... LastLast

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]He hadnt struggled with Jones before. Before this game Jones had 10 targets , 3 catches.[/quote] Yea, but now they are both juniors and are probably coming out this year. You have to count how they are playing now far more than how they played as freshmen or sophmores. And for a guy like Peterson with his speed slants should be easy for him to take away with proper technique. I dont think he moves to FS, not with his speed and hips. Hes too valuable at CB.[/quote]It wont matter much anyway doubt Peterson ends up being a Giant, Maybe a Cowboy though. I think the Boys will go D-line

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]It wont matter much anyway doubt Peterson ends up being a Giant, Maybe a Cowboy though. I think the Boys will go D-line[/quote]

I wouldnt be surprised if they took Peterson at all. They need DBs badly. Im just not sure if they are willing to take a 3-4 DE that high in the draft, its not really a flashy pick like Jerry usually likes to make.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

The Giants struggled running the ball in 2009 and were reportedly high on CJ Spiller. I am a big advocate of the Giants getting an elite pass catching* back* if he brings home run speed even better. Depending on what happens with Jacobs and Bradshaw will determine how high the Giants take a guy. If Brown or Ware doesnt emerge as a legitimate receiver the Giants could still take a guy that could catch the ball. I dont think the Giants will spend a first rounder so I will exclude the likes of Mark Ingram but if somebody wants 2 add him feel free. These guys are just some early favorites and guys I will be watching for early in the year

Demarco Murray 6-1* 215 -* I was high on Murray coming into the 2010 draft and he decided to return to school. Murray has been banged up and was projected as a 4th rounder so he wisely returned. Murray has a similar running style and build to that of Adrian Peterson and like Peterson has shown the tendency to get nicked up. Murray has a knack at getting open and finding space in the passing game and had 41 receptions in 2009. Some people have Murray projected as a first rounder but I dont believe he will go that high. His history of being nicked up makes him 2-3 round prospect. (2-3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfgrU7mTBeM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtmtS...eature=related

Noel Devine 5-8* 175-I was shocked when Devine decided to return to school at first but seeing how Spiller was a projected 2nd rounder in 2008 returned and went in the top 10 im thinking Devine may be banking on the same thing. I dont think Devine will go in the top 10 but its quite possible he could go in the range that Chris Johnson did. With Mccluster*going at 36*Devine will mostly go at the end of round 1. So if the Giants return to the playoffs he may be right in there draft range. I*like Devine and think his break away speed*and play making ability*would make a huge impact on the Giants offense.Like Mccluster*Devine has proven to be durable and productive. Devine has had over 200 carries the last 2 years and managed a YPC over 6.0*.* The only difference is Devine comes with the *elite speed Mccluster doesnt.* (1-2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp9MuxAszEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Otxa...eature=related

Jacquiz*Rodgers* 5-7* 191-* Every year theres specific players I try to watch when I dont know a lot about them Rodgers will be one of them this year. Rodgers had an other worldly 78 receptions in 2009 to go along with his 273 carries. For a college player that is carrying the load on a whole other scale .Rodgers carry totals make me think he will be coming out in the 2011 draft that is just a lot of miles on his legs before he goes to the NFL. Rodgers*doesnt appear to have elite speed for that size so I will be looking to see just how shifty he is season but I am certainly intrigued by his pass catching (2-3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5XwHwe0QNI

*Brandon Saine 6-1 217- Mildly productive in his first year without Wells around. Saine possess a nice* Speed size combo and good skill set. I have a feeling Saine is going to be a better pro then he was in college. Splitting the carries with Herron will limit his productivity but someone will end up getting a good player at a discounted price. (4)

Barron Batch 5-11 205- Batch caught my eye in the Alamo bowl last year as he racked up* 185 yards from scrimmage. Batch* has good speed and has proven to be a good receiver in TT's screwed up offense.* (5)

[/quote]

Running back is my choice also.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

All-Pro

Best player in the nation right now is....?(not the best heisman candidate, theres a difference lol)

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]He hadnt struggled with Jones before. Before this game Jones had 10 targets , 3 catches.[/quote] Yea, but now they are both juniors and are probably coming out this year. You have to count how they are playing now far more than how they played as freshmen or sophmores. And for a guy like Peterson with his speed slants should be easy for him to take away with proper technique. I dont think he moves to FS, not with his speed and hips. Hes too valuable at CB.[/quote]It wont matter much anyway doubt Peterson ends up being a Giant, Maybe a Cowboy though. I think the Boys will go D-line[/quote]i have a feeling Peterson ends up a COwboy.. The yr mike jenkins is having is beyond sorry.. Newmans also getting up there in age, and u got a 3rd CB at best in Scandrick after that.. CB is a must for Dallas.. I woulden't be surprised to see them drop down and try and secure a Guy like Prince Amukamura, Janoris Jenkins, B.Harris, Ras Dowling and also snag a Oline member or DE with there next pick..

[quote user="lawl"]

Best player in the nation right now is....?(not the best heisman candidate, theres a difference lol)

[/quote]

Just a wild guess but I'm assuming your talking about Cam Newton. It seems like every day more and more dirt is being thrown out on him. If these allegations are true, it's a damn shame because he is the best player in the nation this year. I wish the best for him but things really aren't looking too good at this point. Last I heard, the NCAA has the FEDS in on the investigation.
    FBI Gets Involved in Cam Newton "Agent" Investigation

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]He hadnt struggled with Jones before. Before this game Jones had 10 targets , 3 catches.[/quote] Yea, but now they are both juniors and are probably coming out this year. You have to count how they are playing now far more than how they played as freshmen or sophmores. And for a guy like Peterson with his speed slants should be easy for him to take away with proper technique. I dont think he moves to FS, not with his speed and hips. Hes too valuable at CB.[/quote]It wont matter much anyway doubt Peterson ends up being a Giant, Maybe a Cowboy though. I think the Boys will go D-line[/quote]i have a feeling Peterson ends up a COwboy.. The yr mike jenkins is having is beyond sorry.. Newmans also getting up there in age, and u got a 3rd CB at best in Scandrick after that.. CB is a must for Dallas.. I woulden't be surprised to see them drop down and try and secure a Guy like Prince Amukamura, Janoris Jenkins, B.Harris, Ras Dowling and also snag a Oline member or DE with there next pick..
    [/quote]yeah i agree he is going to be a cowboy. i think you could also be right in them dropping down too but i dont think they'll have many people trying to jump up. i just hope he decides to not pick up peterson and continues his theme of crappy drafts cause i really dont want to face that kid twice a year.

[quote user="lawl"]

[/quote]

No. 20 Virginia Tech at North Carolina
    AWAY LOCATION HOME

CHAPEL HILL, NC
    Nov. 13, 3:30 PM ET

Game Preview

No. 2 Auburn vs Georgia
    HOMELOCATIONAWAY

AUBURN, AL
    Nov. 13, 3:30 PM ET
    CBS

Game Preview

No. 22 Florida vs No. 23 South Carolina
    HOME LOCATION AWAY

GAINESVILLE, FL
    Nov. 13, 7:15 PM ET

Game Preview

No. 12 Alabama vs No. 19 Mississippi State
    HOME LOCATION AWAY

TUSCALOOSA, AL
    Nov. 13, 7:15 PM ET

Game Preview

A SS i'm excited about and spoke about once or twice as a somewhat mid rd type is Joe Lefeged.. This guy can do it all and return kicks... Very exciting player who hits hard and has a knack for being around the ball...