+ Reply to Thread
Page 536 of 562 FirstFirst ... 36436486526534535536537538546 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,360 of 5613
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    In watching the Senior Bowl practices yesterday, Ansah has fallen out of the first round for me. To compare him to JPP is ludicrous. He has nowhere near the natural pass rushing skills that JPP had coming out nor does he have the bend around the corner. He has a lot of upside but he is a project. I'm sure he will blow up the combine and a team falls in love with him and I'm hoping that's a team that picks before us. Okafor is far superior IMO.
    Why I dont take any stock from these events I do agree with some of your points. I dont think he is that flexible around the corner but either was Tuck.I think Ansah could help in terms of rushing from the 1 or 3 tech on 3rd down.in terms of pass rushing skills ansah didn't get the same oppurtunties to rush the QB like Okafor or jpp. He in fact plays a different position .he primarily was a 5 tech even some 0 u might be right his best spot could be a 3-4 not disputing that.I still think he could play as a 4-3 strongside end and give u enough as a pass rusher.I do think the giants primary need is an edge rusher which ansah relly isn't. I wouldn't be upset with a strongside end though.I started cutting some games of Datone Jones last night he offers a little more in terms of passrushing and still can contain the edge. I think u have to have ends that can force athletic QB's back inside. I think the Giants D was at its best when Tuck was inside causing problems Id like to get a guy that can do that again
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-24-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Why I dont take any stock from these events I do agree with some of your points. I dont think he is that flexible around the corner but either was Tuck.I think Ansah could help in terms of rushing from the 1 or 3 tech on 3rd down.in terms of pass rushing skills ansah didn't get the same oppurtunties to rush the QB like Okafor or jpp. He in fact plays a different position .he primarily was a 5 tech even some 0 u might be right his best spot could be a 3-4 not disputing that.I still think he could play as a 4-3 strongside end and give u enough as a pass rusher.I do think the giants primary need is an edge rusher which ansah relly isn't. I wouldn't be upset with a strongside end though.I started cutting some games of Datone Jones last night he offers a little more in terms of passrushing and still can contain the edge. I think u have to have ends that can force athletic QB's back inside
    I agree with most of this. I love Jones as I feel he offers a lot more of what we desire in a DL. He has the versatility to kick inside on 3rd downs, plays the run well and can rush from the end.

I think the whole line needs to be rebuilt. Id like to see a Strongside end that can slide inside on 3rd down and be replaced with a speed rusher in passing situations

Why I dont take any stock from these events I do agree with some of your points. I dont think he is that flexible around the corner but either was Tuck.I think Ansah could help in terms of rushing from the 1 or 3 tech on 3rd down.in terms of pass rushing skills ansah didn't get the same oppurtunties to rush the QB like Okafor or jpp. He in fact plays a different position .he primarily was a 5 tech even some 0 u might be right his best spot could be a 3-4 not disputing that.I still think he could play as a 4-3 strongside end and give u enough as a pass rusher.I do think the giants primary need is an edge rusher which ansah relly isn't. I wouldn't be upset with a strongside end though.I started cutting some games of Datone Jones last night he offers a little more in terms of passrushing and still can contain the edge. I think u have to have ends that can force athletic QB's back inside. I think the Giants D was at its best when Tuck was inside causing problems Id like to get a guy that can do that again
    Datone JOnes is so physical and stong, he reminds me alot of Justin Tuck.. Hes been looking really good at the sr bowl practices , from what i've read..

As far as Ansah, he is a physical freak , and i think the more he learns the game of football and the positon of 4/3 end, the better he'll get.. He all ready makes splash plays, and all he really needs to do, is figure out 1or2 more pass rush moves, and he's gonna be a stud.. He's also pretty solid at jumping up and batting down passes, which he did yet again in Sr Bowl practice. I guess he made a play eerily simialr to the one he made in the bowl game...

I think the whole line needs to be rebuilt. Id like to see a Strongside end that can slide inside on 3rd down and be replaced with a speed rusher in passing situations
    Heres the play i was talking about , as it came from the Scrimmage at the end of the day yesterday.. Charlie Campbell is doing the reporting..

Perhaps the most impressive play of practice came when Ansah skied into the air to deflect a pass from Florida State quarterback E.J. Manuel. The deflected ball floated long enough for Gooden to be able to snatch it for an interception. Ansah got incredibly high to deflect that pass, and it looked like a play he made in BYU's bowl game last month. Ansah really displayed his explosiveness.

Just put this up, Need to do more cut ups on tackles. Lane Johnson might be the favorite at 19 from a value/need standpoint

Oday Aboushi vs UNC 2012

Just put this up, Need to do more cut ups on tackles. Lane Johnson might be the favorite at 19 from a value/need standpoint

Oday Aboushi vs UNC 2012

maybe? but giants will take BPA like always, need or not and I wish it always wasnt that way..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    maybe? but giants will take BPA like always, need or not and I wish it always wasnt that way..
    David Wilson wasn't the bpa last year. You see what happen when you reach?

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    BPA could be Aboushi in the 2nd..

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    David Wilson wasn't the bpa last year. You see what happen when you reach?
    according to the giants he was,,,we reached? wilson is exactly what this team needed and he's gonna be a hell of a player