+ Reply to Thread
Page 537 of 562 FirstFirst ... 37437487527535536537538539547 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,370 of 5613
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    according to the giants he was,,,we reached? wilson is exactly what this team needed and he's gonna be a hell of a player
    According to the giants cordy glenn was the bpa. A split carry back in the first round is not exactly what this team needed. It needed dl cb and ol help. We would be in MUCH better shape had we taken jenkins reyes worthy branch or glenn instead of Wilson. Awful pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    According to the giants cordy glenn was the bpa. A split carry back in the first round is not exactly what this team needed. It needed dl cb and ol help. We would be in MUCH better shape had we taken jenkins reyes worthy branch or glenn instead of Wilson. Awful pick.
    Except they dont seem to think Wilson is a split carry back, Reese thinks he is a starter who will get the bulk of the carries.

And for a team with the worst running game in the league, a back was crucial to add.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Except they dont seem to think Wilson is a split carry back, Reese thinks he is a starter who will get the bulk of the carries.

And for a team with the worst running game in the league, a back was crucial to add.
    u think he will be Tiki Barber and hog all the carries we shall see. Barber was a damn good receiver as well. I thought he was a mid 2nd rounder. He didnt have the instincts of a 1st round back ,and wasnt a receiver or blocker.That being said he is the most physically talented RB the Giants have ever had
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-24-2013 at 09:52 PM.

You probably thought Tiki Barber was an awful pick at #36 too then

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    u think he will be Tiki Barber and hog all the carries we shall see. Barber was a damn good receiver as well. I thought he was a mid 2nd rounder. He didnt have the instincts of a 1st round back ,and wasnt a receiver or blocker.That being said he is the most physically talented RB the Giants have ever had
    He'll make some plays, but i just wonder if it'll be enough to warrent a 1st rd selection.. I'd like to get a back to go with him, going forward.. Or at worst, bring back Andre Brown, and hope he stays healthy...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    He'll make some plays, but i just wonder if it'll be enough to warrent a 1st rd selection.. I'd like to get a back to go with him, going forward.. Or at worst, bring back Andre Brown, and hope he stays healthy...
    RB skills are a lot more about instincts than just pure physical ability. 4.5 is plenty fast enough for a RB if they can see plays develop before they happen ,set up and hide behind blocks, dont be so quick to cut everything back. Being really fast and having exceptional balance doesnt mean much if U arent good at those things. Sure u will burn a team for a long run but good RB's will take the play and get 5 yards on 1st down instead of trying to force something and get nothing. Its easier to call plays from 2nd and 5 than 2nd and 10

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    You probably thought Tiki Barber was an awful pick at #36 too then
    Tiki was a fluid catcher of the ball. That was all ive wanted in recent years to add to what we have. You can get that in mid rounds

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    RB skills are a lot more about instincts than just pure physical ability. 4.5 is plenty fast enough for a RB if they can see plays develop before they happen ,set up and hide behind blocks, dont be so quick to cut everything back. Being really fast and having exceptional balance doesnt mean much if U arent good at those things. Sure u will burn a team for a long run but good RB's will take the play and get 5 yards on 1st down instead of trying to force something and get nothing. Its easier to call plays from 2nd and 5 than 2nd and 10
    You know i agree..

What if great value for a back comes up at some point in the first 3rds, do u think we'd snatch up a comp back for wilson if the value was BPA? Say Eddie Lacy is there when we pick in the 3rd??(just a example, i dont' think he'll be there)

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    You know i agree..

What if great value for a back comes up at some point in the first 3rds, do u think we'd snatch up a comp back for wilson if the value was BPA? Say Eddie Lacy is there when we pick in the 3rd??(just a example, i dont' think he'll be there)
    I like the committee approach myself. It was Awesome when they had Bradshaw Jacobs and Ward

Tiki was a fluid catcher of the ball. That was all ive wanted in recent years to add to what we have. You can get that in mid rounds
    Wilson was a capable receiver in college. Didn't do it often, but that was scheme related. The more he gets the pass blocking down the more you will see his receiving game. He could be very good at that