+ Reply to Thread
Page 538 of 562 FirstFirst ... 38438488528536537538539540548 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,380 of 5613
    [QUOTE=Redeyejedi;670311]I like the committee approach myself. It was Awesome when they had Bradshaw Jacobs and Ward[/QUOTE I still like Kerwynn WIlliams for the job , if we wait.. He looked good in passblock drills last wk, is a tough kid, whos not afraid of contact, even though his stature and skill set says difrently, and he catches the ball fantastically..

The NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah says BYU DL Ezekiel Ansah has split NFL evaluators after his performance in Mobile.

Some teams left Senior Bowl week worried about Ansah while others "are still bullish on the incredible upside of the BYU defender." Ziggy was asked to rush from the edge on one on ones and looked far more comfortable the final day of practice against the run, but he struggled all week to shed from blockers when pass rushing.
    Source: NFL.com

Cool interview of Mike Mayock by the guys at Walterfootball from the Sr.bowl, discussing ND prospects and diffrence between Kuechly and Te'o

2013 Senior Bowl Interview: Mike Mayock

By Charlie Campbell - @draftcampbell

Prior to the BCS National Championship and the fake girlfriend scandal, many thought that Notre Dame inside linebacker Manti Te'o could be a top-10 pick in April. The NFL draft had been trending away from inside linebackers going early in the first round, but last year that trend was bucked by Boston College's Luke Kuechly, who went to the Carolina Panthers with the ninth-overall selection. Kuechly had a tremendous rookie season, and perhaps his success could help Te'o in the 2013 draft with the copycat league that is the NFL.

WalterFootball.com caught up with NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock to get his perspective on the two inside linebackers. Mayock covers Notre Dame for NBC Sports and knows both players well. Judging by Mayock's comments, Te'o falls well short of Kuechly's abilities.

"Kuechly was a tackling machine. Kuechly was set for today's NFL," said Mayock. "If you could match up a prototype inside linebacker with today's NFL, it is Luke Kuechly. With his speed he's a pass first linebacker. He can play three downs. You don't have to take him off the field in nickel; in fact, he's going to be better in nickel, so to me Kuechly is made for today's NFL.

"Te'o struggles a little bit more because he isn't naturally built that way. He isn't as naturally quick or the natural explosion or the change of direction like Luke. But that doesn't mean he isn't tough, instinctive and smart."

At Notre Dame, Te'o played in a 4-3 defense. However there are a number of 3-4 defenses that could use inside linebacker help, and Te'o could be in play for teams like San Diego, Pittsburgh and Houston.

"I think it is important that he does both," said Mayock. "His movement skills were better this year. The NFL is changing into such a pass-first league. The 265-pound inside linebacker that is a downhill thumper is almost obsolete. I thought it was smart of the kid to get in better shape. Right now it is a matter of he has to look teams in the eye and talk to them, and it is more off the field than on the field unfortunately."

Mayock also discussed Notre Dame tight end Tyler Eifert, another potential first-rounder. Eifert's receiving numbers went down as a senior. In 2012, he hauled in 50 passes for 685 yards and four touchdowns. Despite less-than-stellar quarterback play, Eifert caught 63 passes for 803 yards and five touchdowns in 2011. However, Mayock believes that Eifert's improvement as a blocker helped his draft stock compared to what it was a year ago.

"I thought that was the biggest difference," said Mayock. "It was a combination of two things. One, opposing defenses knew what a good pass receiver he was and they did everything in their game plans to take him away. Putting a ton of people on him. On tape, teams were doubling him, combo, all kinds of bracket coverage. To the kid's credit, he took his blocking to a completely different level. Whether he was in line or in motion, I thought that was the biggest difference in his game."

Lastly, Mayock discussed Notre Dame center Braxston Cave, a potential mid-round pick.

"I thought he had a really good senior year," Mayock said. "There was some continuity with that offensive line. I look at them and Braxston specifically, and he lost some weight over the last couple of years. He's gotten in better shape. I think he's increased his movement skills. He's smart, he's tough and he loves the game. He's a natural center in the NFL."

^^ good read

Here Sportzfan Cut this 1 yesterday

UNC DT S Williams vs Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Here Sportzfan Cut this 1 yesterday

UNC DT S Williams vs Virginia

Thank u sir! I like Sly! Big fan of Kawaan Short, Sly Williams, and Jordan Hill at DT(as most know)..

Barkevious Mingo vs CLemson

:9 seconds in look how they option Montgomery and the LG trys to pull in front of Mingo and he just beats him to the spot and forces a Fumble

3:00 again , presnap he moves into the B gap and the Offense doesnt adjust to option Barrow instead and he just destroys Boyd

Man he was really good in this game. He is so good at stopping these Option plays the Skins and Im assuming the Eagles will run. His Speed and quickness is such an advantage for a Defense in defending these plays.
    Look at him against Oregon on this play at :42 they try to option him

This interview that Draft HeadQuarters had with Datone Jones halfway through the season intrigued me

At the half-way point of the season, Draft Headquarters had the opportunity to interview one of the best defensive ends in the country in UCLA's Datone Jones. A versatile prospect who has come on strong in 2012, Jones projects as a Top 50 selection for next spring and is on pace to record nearly 20 tackles for loss and 10 sacks on the year. Here is our interview with Datone Jones:

Draft Headquarters: Datone, the season is off to a great 5-2 start. What were your expectations coming into the season and how would you grade your play through the season's first seven games?

Datone Jones: My expectations were high for this year because we have several good players on our defense. Losing Patrick Larimore was big. Playing in the 3-4 with good players, I don't have to do too much, or over think things, and I could run to the ball and know that my teammates would be there too. In the defense we play in, everyone is accountable so it makes it easier to make plays.

Draft Headquarters: Do you have an accurate height, weight, and 40-yard dash time?

Datone Jones: 6'5, 276, the last time I ran the 40 was two months ago and I ran a 4.68.

Draft Headquarters: What would you say are your strengths and weaknesses as a player?

Datone Jones: Strengths, I have a lot of upside. Strong at the point, fast off the ball. My weaknesses, I feel like I can work on my technique and my hands.

Draft Headquarters: Are there any players in the NFL that you would compare yourself to?

Datone Jones: I wouldn't compare myself to, but there are a lot of guys that I like to watch. I'm a fan of the New York Giants because my all-time favorite player is Michael Strahan. I enjoy watching Osi Umenyiora and Justin Tuck. Tuck is like myself, he can line up at end, at tackle in the three-technique. My height and weight would fit very well there. I also enjoy watching Clay Matthews.

Draft Headquarters: Where do you think you'd rank yourself among the other defensive linemen this year?

Datone Jones: You know what, there's a lot of guys other there playing. You have to be really special to have great production at end in a 3-4 defense. With outside rush linebackers, they take some stats away. Through seven games I have six sacks and I can bring a pass rush, so you can compare that to all of the top defensive ends around the country.

Draft Headquarters: What do you believe you can offer to an NFL team at the next level? Why should an NFL team draft you high?

Datone Jones: I feel like I'm an every-down guy. I bring a different type of energy to the game. I have a will to be the best. It's a competitive edge. I make it contagious in the locker room and on the field, and guys want to play with me.

Draft Headquarters: You have experience playing in both the 4-3 and 3-4 defenses. Would you prefer to play in either, or prefer to play one set position at the next level?

Datone Jones: I don't mind playing in either the 4-3 or 3-4. Half of my football career was was in the 4-3. I can play the three-technique, 4i-technique, play head up. I have experience playing in both. I don't think many players around the country can bring the type of versatility that I can up front.

Draft Headquarters: Has there been a signature moment in your football career? Or a defining moment that made you fall in love with the game?

Datone Jones: The first time I fell in love with the game was back in junior high school. It kept me off the streets and it was a family atmosphere. In tenth grade, all my friends cheering me on and making me feel good. You fall in love with it. It's like falling in love with your first girlfriend (laughs). I've overcome adversity, being injured and having to sit out an entire season, watching my guys play without me prepares you to get ready for the future, because an injury like that changes your mindset. I wanted to make sure I didn't sit back on my high horse and got back and got ready.

Draft Headquarters: This season everything has seemed to click for you. What happened that made everything finally fall in place?

Datone Jones: I played as a freshman, but only about five-to-six reps in a game. I maybe played only 30 snaps. I had a chance to start as a sophomore, but like any sophomore season you're still getting used to it. I was ready in my true junior year but had to overcome adversity after breaking my foot and I redshirted that season. I needed to come back and let it all happen. I took the mindset from my redshirt junior year season last year after getting back from the injury into this season. Playing around a lot of great guys, it all comes down to my teammates who consistently push me and we enjoy playing together, taking it a game at a time.

Draft Headquarters: Who would you say has had the biggest impact on your football career?

Datone Jones: My family. They have had the biggest impact out of anyone. I can't just choose one person. There have been a lot of great people in my life, mentors and coaches. My immediate family pushes me. I've had to overcome adversity and those that I did it with, we got through it together and it made me into the man I am today.

Draft Headquarters: What is one thing that no one knows about you?

Datone Jones: I'm a big comedian. I love to have fun and make people laugh all the time. I know when it's time to get serious.

Draft Headquarters: Thanks Datone.

Scot Pioli's top 10 2013 NFL draft Jrs. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...?sct=uk_t11_a3
    1. Luke Joeckel, T, Texas A&M. Strong candidate for the first overall pick. Three-year starter at left tackle in the Big 12 and never red-shirted. A true height-weight-speed prospect who plays with good athleticism and body control. Will play early while he develops better hip and core strength. Good teammate too.
    2. Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama. One of the youngest players in the draft (20), but a very experienced corner from the best-coached DB group in the country. Milliner has the flexibility, intelligence and experience to play outside corner and also line up in the slot. Should contribute on special teams early in his career.
    3. Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida. Also 20, Floyd is a strong, athletic defensive lineman who, at 6-foot-3 and 303 pounds, has position and scheme versatility. Good competitor and tough player against the run and pass. Not great sack numbers, but consistently disruptive in the pass rush, and the type of player who makes those around him better by making the offense concentrate so much on stopping him.
    4. Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State. Born in Germany, Werner learned football while at a Connecticut prep school as an exchange student. Played just two prep years before signing with Florida State. Two-year starter at left end in FSU's base and sub packages who shows surprising natural instincts, good hand strength and athletic ability. Pretty impressive to see he had 13 sacks in the ACC in the 2012 season.
    5. Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State. At 6-3 and 335, he still has the athleticism to line up at multiple positions on the line -- not just at the nose. Active and instinctive, and showed improvement from 2011. Very good player versus the run that needs to continue to improve his every-down consistency.
    6. Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama. Low-mileage rusher (355 carries in three seasons with the Tide) who played behind two outstanding backs early in his career (Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson). Averaged 6.8 yards per rush in his college career behind an offensive line better than some NFL lines. Good receiving skills, and a willing blocker. He should be an every-down back in the NFL.
    7. Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia. Began his college career at USC in 2009 and transferred closer to home after suffering a neck injury his true freshman year. Highly instinctive and productive college player, but at 6-3 and 241, could be a tough positional fit. Dominated certain games (Florida), disappeared in others (Alabama).
    8. Keenan Allen, WR, Cal. Originally committed to Alabama out of HS, but decided to join his QB brother Zach to play together at Cal. Allen is a big (6-3, 210), savvy and highly competitive WR who has played the slot and outside. Lacks top speed, but is very natural and quick. In a WR class that appears to lack elite players, he may be the best.
    9. Alec Ogletree, MLB, Georgia. Tremendously talented athlete at 6-3 and 232, and should be an every-down NFL inside 'backer or middle 'backer. Has the skill and ability to contribute immediately all defenses as well as special teams. Jumps off the tape and could have the most upside of any underclassman in the draft. But some off-the-field issues will need to be studied before giving him a final grade.
    10. Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State. Three-year starter who was hampered this season by a knee injury that he played through. Good height-weight-speed prospect at 6-6 and 255 who right now is more receiver than blocker. I'm high on his ability to produce as an offensive tight end right now in the more wide-open NFL offenses. He's what we call an "F-type'' tight end, a receiver who can play off the line probably more productively than as a blocker right now.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2JJtB7IBJ

Don't really understand this Shariff Floyd hype. Piloi has him as the #3 rated Jr in the draft and I saw a qoute where some high ranking execuitve garunteed he'd go in the top 10. He's a nice player, but I don't see dominace by any stretch