+ Reply to Thread
Page 551 of 562 FirstFirst ... 51451501541549550551552553561 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,510 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

  1. #5501
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,221
    Hey Redeye, whats your take on David Bass DE Missouri Western St? I know ur not overly involved in following lower level prospects, but this kid has some OSI in em, does he not? Level of comp is obviously concerning, but were talking mid rd draft pick...

  2. #5502
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...b-in-nfl-draft

    Prepare for Manuel to slip into 1st rounds for mock drafts now. Mayock asks people to jump and they ask back how high.
    I love Mayock, but I believe he isnt the scout he once was. Or, I should say his job has changed so that watching tape isnt as big of a component as it used to be. I cannot fathom how anyone who values tape can consider EJ a 1st rounder.

    EJ is a good kid and his coaches liked him at FSU. But, he had a serious problem with nerves in big games. At big moments he made terrible decisions and also had a bad breakdown in his footwork when the stakes were high. I cannot tell you how many times at big moments he would overthrow wide open WRs, often floating it into the waiting hands of a safety or letting it sail. I dont mean little overthrows either, I mean 20 yards overthrown. He would drive the football when he needed air under it and he would float it when it needed to be driven. Furthermore, and this may be on his coaches shoulders a bit, I cannot explain how bad this kid was at the 2 minute drill. His clock management was SO bad.

    I knew this was going to happen tho because he looks so good. He carries himself well, throws a very pretty football with a strong arm, and has that type of grace when he runs the ball. But, Looks are decieving. People say "well he can be coached up" and that is true and maybe he will be. But he has been a starter at FSU for a long time and didnt really improve much in his time there. FSU has underachieved over the last 2 seasons, and as anyone who watches ACC football will tell you, most of that is because of EJ.

  3. #5503
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I love Mayock, but I believe he isnt the scout he once was. Or, I should say his job has changed so that watching tape isnt as big of a component as it used to be. I cannot fathom how anyone who values tape can consider EJ a 1st rounder.

    EJ is a good kid and his coaches liked him at FSU. But, he had a serious problem with nerves in big games. At big moments he made terrible decisions and also had a bad breakdown in his footwork when the stakes were high. I cannot tell you how many times at big moments he would overthrow wide open WRs, often floating it into the waiting hands of a safety or letting it sail. I dont mean little overthrows either, I mean 20 yards overthrown. He would drive the football when he needed air under it and he would float it when it needed to be driven. Furthermore, and this may be on his coaches shoulders a bit, I cannot explain how bad this kid was at the 2 minute drill. His clock management was SO bad.

    I knew this was going to happen tho because he looks so good. He carries himself well, throws a very pretty football with a strong arm, and has that type of grace when he runs the ball. But, Looks are decieving. People say "well he can be coached up" and that is true and maybe he will be. But he has been a starter at FSU for a long time and didnt really improve much in his time there. FSU has underachieved over the last 2 seasons, and as anyone who watches ACC football will tell you, most of that is because of EJ.
    Even with all of the negatives you listed, I suppose he can get away with that stuff in a QB class like this because the rest of the class has their own fundamental weaknesses to deal with. When you have a class like this with no "surefire" franchise signal-callers, it isn't surprising if Manuel ends up in the top 2 or 3 for a ton of teams draft boards at the position because teams might just rather take a gamble on a guy's athletic upside and try to convince themselves that Manuel was just put in a bad situation or that he was improperly coached. He has a shot in the NFL but I do think he needs to hold a clipboard for a year or two before taking the reigns as the face of a franchise.

  4. #5504
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,221
    Walt football reported that a AFC scout was very unimpressed with Corey Lemonier in the drills at his proday...

  5. #5505
    All-Pro Carter.525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Omaha!, NJ
    Posts
    8,793
    what are the thoughts on Ryan Swope? He looks like a great route runner, very crafy.. Do you think he would fit in this offense?

    and what round do you think he goes?

  6. #5506
    Veteran myles2424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    4,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    what are the thoughts on Ryan Swope? He looks like a great route runner, very crafy.. Do you think he would fit in this offense?

    and what round do you think he goes?
    Idk when he'll go, but if he makes it outta the 3rd,he's my guy....

  7. #5507
    Veteran Rusty192's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chad
    Posts
    3,890
    Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Idk when he'll go, but if he makes it outta the 3rd,he's my guy....
    Had a sick 40 time as well.

  8. #5508
    I dont know why people people arent talking about Jake Stoneburner(TE OSU). I know he is projected to go late but he is a good athlete who quietly ran a 4.52 at his pro day. OSU didnt ulitize him very much, but I still think he is better than many are projecting him, and not just because he ran a good 40.

  9. #5509
    All-Pro Carter.525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Omaha!, NJ
    Posts
    8,793
    Walerfootball's latest 4 round mock:

    1st- Bjoern Werner
    2nd- Khaseem Greene
    3rd- Travis Frederick
    4th- Kiko Alonso

    love this mock..!

  10. #5510
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Walerfootball's latest 4 round mock:

    1st- Bjoern Werner
    2nd- Khaseem Greene
    3rd- Travis Frederick
    4th- Kiko Alonso

    love this mock..!
    Ya, this mock is right up my ally.. Its got probably my biggest 1st rd hopeful, as far as being a actuaL possiblity, and then its got one of my fave players in this draft in RD2, with Greene, which hugley upgrades our LB core, and brings a playmaking aspect, our core has lacked, and Frederick beefs up the interior of our Oline which needs a upgrade, and Kiko Alonso has length and some athletic abilty he brings to the middle of the LB core, which he would instantly be upgrade over what we got at ILB... Its a nice mock for us...

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts