+ Reply to Thread
Page 553 of 562 FirstFirst ... 53453503543551552553554555 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,530 of 5613
    I seen both Mel Kiper and Todd McShay talking about RB's, and they both picked Miguel Maysonet as there under the radar back.. Kiper said he saw the Army game, and thats what sold him, and McShay seen the Cuse game, and thats what sold him.... Kiper went as far as to say 3rd-4th rder.. McShay said even if he dont get drafted, hes a guy to watch out for..

Its rare u see so many people agree on a prospect when talking sleepers as much as u see people agree on Miguel Maysonet. Just about everyone on these boards like em as well..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I seen both Mel Kiper and Todd McShay talking about RB's, and they both picked Miguel Maysonet as there under the radar back.. Kiper said he saw the Army game, and thats what sold him, and McShay seen the Cuse game, and thats what sold him.... Kiper went as far as to say 3rd-4th rder.. McShay said even if he dont get drafted, hes a guy to watch out for..

Its rare u see so many people agree on a prospect when talking sleepers as much as u see people agree on Miguel Maysonet. Just about everyone on these boards like em as well..
    We have talked about him and I like what I have see nand heard of him. I mentioned my friend who is a Sb alum and high school football coach for a good program who guarantees this kid will be a good pro.

That said, I think his stock took a big hit at the combine because he measured below the 8.5 inch hand size which is the absolute bear minimum for some teams to consider a back. I still think someone will pick him up, but he his stock took a hit at the combine imho, without even performing it got hurt. .

My other sleeper back was Lonnie Pryor, but he also measured small hands and that is gonna hurt him, although it isnt as devastating for a fullback type.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    We have talked about him and I like what I have see nand heard of him. I mentioned my friend who is a Sb alum and high school football coach for a good program who guarantees this kid will be a good pro.

That said, I think his stock took a big hit at the combine because he measured below the 8.5 inch hand size which is the absolute bear minimum for some teams to consider a back. I still think someone will pick him up, but he his stock took a hit at the combine imho, without even performing it got hurt. .

My other sleeper back was Lonnie Pryor, but he also measured small hands and that is gonna hurt him, although it isnt as devastating for a fullback type.
    Man, that'd be pretty lame if teams passed on this kid because they thought his hands were not quite big enough, and ignored his vision, balance, and instincts..

Thats why i don't like some of these workout things.. This kids gonna either be good or not, and its gonna have nothing to do with his hand size.. I totally agree with u, that it does hurt is stock, but its absoulutley ridiculous that his hands being a tad small being the reason this kid might not get drafted..

I see that Cooper Taylor from Richmond ran a 4.47 at 6-5 230 at his pro day. I would definitely spend a 7th rounder on him and convert him to a LB. See if he can out on 10-15 lbs for the 2014 season. At the very worst, I am sure he can contribute on specials in year 1.

At South Carolina Spring practice

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 15h
    #Jadeveon RT @GCChrisClark: Clowney just blocked a field goal by kicking it out of the holder's hand. I'm serious.

Somebody at SB Nation compared Clowney to what Lawrence Taylor looked like in Tecmo Bowl this spring

Ive been going through Clowneys games because I am doing a 10 game video of him for my 1000th video and he doesnt play the option well at all. he has a real problem finding the ball on fakes. I mean he is still way ahead of any DE prospect ive seen as sophomore ever
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 03-22-2013 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    I see that Cooper Taylor from Richmond ran a 4.47 at 6-5 230 at his pro day. I would definitely spend a 7th rounder on him and convert him to a LB. See if he can out on 10-15 lbs for the 2014 season. At the very worst, I am sure he can contribute on specials in year 1.
    Been searching for tape on him forever

6ft 1in 219lb Safety Ray Polk ran a 4.47 at his proday for Colorado.. I honestly don't know much about em, but that alone is intriguing, possibly as a UDF type..

THe more i learn about Nick Catapano DE Princeton the more i like.. He seems like a perfect fit to fill Tucks SDE for us.. Hes got the nessecary size, on field production, and work ethic.. He ran a respectable 4.71 at his proday at 271lbs...

The other small school DE i'm very intrested in is David Bass from Mizzo Western St.. He ran a 4.69 at his proday, and has adequete size at 6ft 4in 262lbs.. Hes all time sack holder at his respective school... A great kid as well, who really gets it, and has what seems to be a wholsome attitude and great morals.... Has over 40 career sacks...

2 sleeper DE's that have had my intrigue for awahile now, and continue to do so..
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 03-23-2013 at 07:36 AM.

The bears know Linebackers.. Peeves me off they went and stole James Anderson , who i wanted us to pickup.. They also got DJ Williams for cheap, little risk, high reward signing.. But James Anderson would of been a great pickup for us..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    6ft 1in 219lb Safety Ray Polk ran a 4.47 at his proday for Colorado.. I honestly don't know much about em, but that alone is intriguing, possibly as a UDF type..
    I feel like there are a lot of intriguing athletes. Not sure how good they are in games but definitely guys you can gamble on them in the 7th/UDFA, stick them on specials for a year or two and hope they develop. If not, they were late rounders so it's not much of an issue. Guys like Polk, Taylor and a few skill position players I have noticed are worth the shot.