+ Reply to Thread
Page 556 of 562 FirstFirst ... 56456506546554555556557558 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,560 of 5613
    This draft as a whole seems to be loaded in the secondary, for all you KP fans upset by his departure, it might be consoling to know that we could get a clone in TJ Mcdonald for little more then a 5th

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    This draft as a whole seems to be loaded in the secondary, for all you KP fans upset by his departure, it might be consoling to know that we could get a clone in TJ Mcdonald for little more then a 5th
    Prior to this year I would have agreed.

He looked SO bad in 2012. He would have some explaining to do in interviews imho.

Look at the Oregon game tape. It is painful what Barner did to him in the open field. That wasn't his only bad tape either. He sucked equally vs the pass as he did vs the run.

This year I see a guy who lumbered rather than ran and had serious change of direction problems. I know he had ankle surgery recently and maybe that explains it because I cannot, he looked good in 2011.

But there were also reports of a poor senior bowl week as well.

This kid would have been a late 1st round to early 2nd round pick last year, and now he is a 4th -5th round pick. I am baffled by his play this year.

best case scenario mock (bleacher report)

1st- Lane Johnson
    2nd- Arthur Brown
    3rd- Sam Montgomery
    4th- Logan Ryan
    5th- Oday Aboushi
    6th- Marquise Goodwin
    7th- Omoregie Uzzi
    Last edited by Carter.525; 04-10-2013 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya, add in hes got a bunch of inconsistencies to his game, hes a risky pick.. Redeye and I had just discussed that not all that long ago..
    People compare him to Calvin Johnson the guy struggled to get open for more then half the season. He had 1 100 yard game against Troy. Its great to be explosive with the ball in your hands but his route running sux

Supposedly it's due to very poor interviews and not being the quickest learner (Needs a lot of reps in practice to understand something)
    so funny i said this a month ago or so (when his stock was at its highest). Further, I also have seen that USC wr, (a guy a few months ago i had mwntioned i actually believed he was the best wr prospect in terms of prototypical wr in this draft. he's like a more elusive, faster steve smith with his route running and fluidity in and out of breaks/cuts. I cant recall his name atm which is embarrassing, but i've seen kiper/mcshay/ mayock all move him up and now he's seen as a late 1rst rd prospect by the consensus of analysts i respect.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    so funny i said this a month ago or so (when his stock was at its highest). Further, I also have seen that USC wr, (a guy a few months ago i had mwntioned i actually believed he was the best wr prospect in terms of prototypical wr in this draft. he's like a more elusive, faster steve smith with his route running and fluidity in and out of breaks/cuts. I cant recall his name atm which is embarrassing, but i've seen kiper/mcshay/ mayock all move him up and now he's seen as a late 1rst rd prospect by the consensus of analysts i respect.
    Robert Woods. He was ranked number 1 before the season but like I said then ,Even though he may be the best WR in the class that type usually doesnt get picked as the top WR. I feel if u take him u are almost guaranteeing yourself a 1000 yard receiver .

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    People compare him to Calvin Johnson the guy struggled to get open for more then half the season. He had 1 100 yard game against Troy. Its great to be explosive with the ball in your hands but his route running sux
    Agreed.. I've seen some drops that were pretty pathetic and as u said, the route running needs a ton of work as well.. Its funny, becuase i'd seen some have Jets drafting this guy, and this to me, would b a jets type move...

Western Kentucky DE Quanterus Smith visited the Philadelphia Eagles and will visit the New York Giants next, according to NFL.com's Gil Brandt.

Smith is 6-foot-5, 250 pounds and is recovering from a knee injury (torn ACL) that ended his final season prematurely. He is one of the sleeper pass-rushers in this year's draft, as he shows the ability to get around the edge because of his long strides and closing speed. ESPN's Todd McShay recently said Smith was a "name to remember" and a potential "Day 3 steal". http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/c...raft-headlines

The Sideline View's Lance Zierlein does not expect a TE to be selected in the top 15 picks. "Eifert is pretty good, but certainly not special - at all," Zierlein tweeted http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/c...raft-headlines I've been saying the same thing for months

Western Kentucky DE Quanterus Smith visited the Philadelphia Eagles and will visit the New York Giants next, according to NFL.com's Gil Brandt.

Smith is 6-foot-5, 250 pounds and is recovering from a knee injury (torn ACL) that ended his final season prematurely. He is one of the sleeper pass-rushers in this year's draft, as he shows the ability to get around the edge because of his long strides and closing speed. ESPN's Todd McShay recently said Smith was a "name to remember" and a potential "Day 3 steal". http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/c...raft-headlines
    Some have mocked us Fluker at 19, smith beat Fluker for 3 sacks in their game....that's good enough for me in a late round pick....