+ Reply to Thread
Page 559 of 562 FirstFirst ... 59459509549557558559560561 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,590 of 5613
  1. #5581
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Man, this mock from walts partner Charlie Campbell is insane..

    1). Bjorn Werner DE Fla St.
    2). Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers
    3). Jordan Poyer CB Org St.
    4). Brian Schwenke C California
    5). Dion Sims TE Mich St.
    6). Reid Fragel OT Ohio St.
    ------ he dosent have 7th rd in there, so i'll finish---
    7). Rontez Miles S Cal PA
    7). Lamar Mady G Youngstown St.
    just checked it out.. Ty Powell goes the pick after Fragel

  2. #5582
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    No kidding, but its not just the fact of u don't like a guy as much as the next, its simply calling players bad basically, yet there talked about as 1st rd prospects.. I mean, Mayock didn't just say he didn't like Ogletree, as how in the world could u draft Ogletree in the first 3rds if u went on what Mayock said about em?(obviously teams don't go on what mayock says,i'm just saying)..

    Its alot diffrent then being slightly critical about something miniscule, that tips the scales in one prospects favor over anothers... Thats what i'm talking about..

    And most yrs, theres a bit more certainty then this yr, which has been known for sometime now, hence u got guys who were sure fire top 5picks a couple months ago, now perdicted to go in the 2nd rd or even 3rd rd depending on where u look(damontre moore) and u got guys like Shariff Floyd who was going in the 2nd rd, late 1st a coupe months back, now almost certain top 5pick..etc This is by far the most uncertain draft with completely diffrent opinions on players then we'd ever seen before...
    I think that is a fair statement.

    However, I think there is a reason. The popularity of the NFL draft as a spectator event has skyrocketed in recent years, same with the combine. With popularity, comes people trying to make money off it. There are so many more opinions out there now. The term "scout" used to mean a guy who worked for an NFL team. Now it is a guy with an opinion about some prospect and happens to put it on the internet, or on TV, or wherever..

    Then you have social media on top of everything and you have people(some important most not) tweeting smoke screens, rumors, lies, truths, opinions, facts and all sorts of nonsense that is completely undistinguishable from each other. Fans eat that nonsense(mostly) up and change their opinions of players based on it.

    10 years ago I could name a prospect and most would only know him if they saw him in a bowl game or the national champ game. Now people can acquiant themselves with players more easily via the internet. That means more opinions which means more critics. I think that is all it is really.

    I also think there is a bit of this every year. People on these boards and everywhere fall in love with prospects. Then, when that guy isn't available or isn't picked, they just wont be happy and will complain. They will poo on any other prospect because he isn't the guy they loved.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 04-16-2013 at 02:56 AM.

  3. #5583
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,111
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I think that is a fair statement.

    However, I think there is a reason. The popularity of the NFL draft as a spectator event has skyrocketed in recent years, same with the combine. With popularity, comes people trying to make money off it. There are so many more opinions out there now. The term "scout" used to mean a guy who worked for an NFL team. Now it is a guy with an opinion about some prospect and happens to put it on the internet, or on TV, or wherever..

    Then you have social media on top of everything and you have people(some important most not) tweeting smoke screens, rumors, lies, truths, opinions, facts and all sorts of nonsense that is completely undistinguishable from each other. Fans eat that nonsense(mostly) up and change their opinions of players based on it.

    10 years ago I could name a prospect and most would only know him if they saw him in a bowl game or the national champ game. Now people can acquiant themselves with players more easily via the internet. That means more opinions which means more critics. I think that is all it is really.

    I also think there is a bit of this every year. People on these boards and everywhere fall in love with prospects. Then, when that guy isn't available or isn't picked, they just wont be happy and will complain. They will poo on any other prospect because he isn't the guy they loved.
    A classic "i agree" but pretty much don't agree from Santaman..lol

    This yr has easily been the most turmoil and unceartinty that we've ever seen in the draft.. never have guys been top 5picks for months and then inexplicably there outta the top 2rounds by some and dropping to pick 26 by some(moore and werner, i saw werner going to ATL by some), and Shariff Floyd a month or 2 ago was going as late as the 3rd rd, and now is a sure fire top 5-10pick, and were seeing Te'os stock go up and down and up and down, and look at Lane Johnson, who had been a 2nd rd prospect and now is a top 10pick, and i just seen Adam Shefter reported that the supposedly best player in this draft chance warmack could be dropping to pick 18 or further, and we still have no clue about the QB's and where there gonna go, as the reports change daily almost, and we seen Keenan Allen as mostly a sure fire top 20pick for sometime, and now hes dropped by some to the top of rd 2 or very back end of rd2.. I remember Vaccaro was going in the mid 2nd a couple months ago, now all of a sudden hes the best safety and is soooo good and is a top 20pick, and Jamar Taylor was a sleeper of mine a couple months ago along with Darius Slay and now Taylor is perdicted by some to go in the mid 1st to late 1st by most, and Slay has moved up to mid 2ndish

    How about Dion Jordan? Another guy perdicted to go to us in alot of mock and even further in others and is now possibly the 2nd overall pick..

    Never in any draft i've watched(1993 was my first), have i seen such change and uncertainty right up to the day...

  4. #5584
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    A classic "i agree" but pretty much don't agree from Santaman..lol

    This yr has easily been the most turmoil and unceartinty that we've ever seen in the draft.. never have guys been top 5picks for months and then inexplicably there outta the top 2rounds by some and dropping to pick 26 by some(moore and werner, i saw werner going to ATL by some), and Shariff Floyd a month or 2 ago was going as late as the 3rd rd, and now is a sure fire top 5-10pick, and were seeing Te'os stock go up and down and up and down, and look at Lane Johnson, who had been a 2nd rd prospect and now is a top 10pick, and i just seen Adam Shefter reported that the supposedly best player in this draft chance warmack could be dropping to pick 18 or further, and we still have no clue about the QB's and where there gonna go, as the reports change daily almost, and we seen Keenan Allen as mostly a sure fire top 20pick for sometime, and now hes dropped by some to the top of rd 2 or very back end of rd2.. I remember Vaccaro was going in the mid 2nd a couple months ago, now all of a sudden hes the best safety and is soooo good and is a top 20pick, and Jamar Taylor was a sleeper of mine a couple months ago along with Darius Slay and now Taylor is perdicted by some to go in the mid 1st to late 1st by most, and Slay has moved up to mid 2ndish

    How about Dion Jordan? Another guy perdicted to go to us in alot of mock and even further in others and is now possibly the 2nd overall pick..

    Never in any draft i've watched(1993 was my first), have i seen such change and uncertainty right up to the day...
    ???

    I agreed and gave a reason. Big difference.

  5. #5585
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,111
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    ???

    I agreed and gave a reason. Big difference.
    I know , i'm just messing with ya..lol I was just delving deeper into the uncertainty about this draft..

  6. #5586
    Walterfootball's latest mock:

    1st- Chance Warmack, G Alabama
    2nd- DJ Hayden, CB Houston
    3rd- Khaseem Greene, LB Rutgers
    4th- Luke Marquardt, OT Asuza Pacific (never heard of him)
    5th- Mike Catapano, DE Princeton
    6th- Jawan Jamison, RB Rutgers

  7. #5587
    All-Pro titwio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bronx NYC
    Posts
    9,313
    Ziggy is officially 23 years old and will be 24 next month. Wonder if this hurts his stock at all.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/sto...t-viewed-teams

  8. #5588
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Walterfootball's latest mock:

    1st- Chance Warmack, G Alabama
    2nd- DJ Hayden, CB Houston
    3rd- Khaseem Greene, LB Rutgers
    4th- Luke Marquardt, OT Asuza Pacific (never heard of him)
    5th- Mike Catapano, DE Princeton
    6th- Jawan Jamison, RB Rutgers
    Catapano and Marquardt are very intriguing pieces, and becasue of there physical attributes, i coudl easily see them as guys going ahead of where some perdict(6th-7th range)... Marquardt was also taught by jackie slate at asuza pacific, which can only help..

  9. #5589
    NFL Network's Mike Mayock says NC State S Earl Wolff is a draft riser.Mayock said Wolff went from "late draftable" to "probably a third-rounder". He added that there's no way he gets through the fourth-round, and he likes his tackling and awareness. Wolff is one of our own Josh Norris' favorite prospects.
    Source: NFL.com Apr 17 - 7:15 PM

  10. #5590
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Source: NFL.com Apr 17 - 7:15 PM

    I said it months ago when NYC brought him as a 6thish round sleeper and I scoffed at him(incorrectly) at that notion because I found it hard to fathom him as a 6th rounder. But, after looking, that's where many "analysts" were projecting him to go. I have no idea how he was ever that low on people's boards. Even prior to his excellent combine which made people look 2x at him.

    His tape is way too good for 6th round.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts