+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 562 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158558 ... LastLast

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"] he was almost never in a 3/4 in that tape..[/quote]

Its not about where he lines up, its about how he plays, and what his skill set best fits.

As for OTs, I dont pay much attention to offensive linemen, they are too boring to scout.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"]As I said, he could fit in a 4-3 defense, but the value is much much higher for a 3-4 OLB than there is for a strongside 4-3 backer. From all the tape Ive seen of him, he looks more like a 34 strongside backer, he reminds me a ton of Lamarr Woodley[/quote] he was almost never in a 3/4 in that tape.. but to each his own... I dissagree, and think he 100pct fits equally as a strong or weak side lb in either formation.. I love his Athletic, not to big but sleek frame, that is good for batting pass's on pass rush's and getting his hands on a pass last second in coverege... He reminds me of the type of SLB i think the giants would love to have, as they looked through Kiwi, Sintim and A.tracy to find... A guy whos more athletic, and also is a dual threat, not just one sided.. Fewell could do alot of things with someone that versatile... But your opinion is one i know will not be changed and even if there was a sign that said, "ayers is just as adequete in 3/4 as 4/3", u would find someway to argue it......lol I love the guy, have coming into the yr, and will continue to hope he's a possiblity for the giants.. I do have other players i obviously like as well for the gmen...

What do u think about jimmy smith and Demarcus Love? There just a couple more guys i really like along with j.jenkins..
    [/quote]

Dual threat - He does a lot of things well but nothing great.He seems like a guy that needs to be shuffled around to get maxium prudction out of him. Who drafts this guy is going to make a huge differance in how his career unfolds, Way more then the average NFL player. Thats whyI agree with Slip he is better off in a 3-4. U can utilize him to a greater capacity In that defense I believe

some videos on him , Technique wise its kind of bad but that can be fixed. Its sucks that the 2 games I watched where I saw a lot of snaps where widely regarded as his worst 2 games. .He is a little raw still and may benefit playing another year in college. Plays a little high for my liking especially for a guy thats 6-4. Sportzfans probably going to get crazy but I dont think he is 255 like he is listed. He has tools to work with though thats for sure may be a bit of a tweener though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q14Px...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5OeiwZVjzI

Demarcus Love is a guy I wouldnt mind drafting. I like Derreck Sherrod still the best followed by Joesph Barksdale.

Im still not convinced thats a need though it depends a lot on Andrews

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] he was almost never in a 3/4 in that tape..[/quote]

Its not about where he lines up, its about how he plays, and what his skill set best fits.

As for OTs, I dont pay much attention to offensive linemen, they are too boring to scout.[/quote] exactly.. He drops in coverege and rush's the passer...lol he plays off blocks well, and does all the things that a SLB should do... The bottom line is the giants like big SLB"s, like Kiwi, A.Tracy and Sintim, and getting one that has some coverege ability is the perfect scenario...

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"]As I said, he could fit in a 4-3 defense, but the value is much much higher for a 3-4 OLB than there is for a strongside 4-3 backer. From all the tape Ive seen of him, he looks more like a 34 strongside backer, he reminds me a ton of Lamarr Woodley[/quote] he was almost never in a 3/4 in that tape.. but to each his own... I dissagree, and think he 100pct fits equally as a strong or weak side lb in either formation.. I love his Athletic, not to big but sleek frame, that is good for batting pass's on pass rush's and getting his hands on a pass last second in coverege... He reminds me of the type of SLB i think the giants would love to have, as they looked through Kiwi, Sintim and A.tracy to find... A guy whos more athletic, and also is a dual threat, not just one sided.. Fewell could do alot of things with someone that versatile... But your opinion is one i know will not be changed and even if there was a sign that said, "ayers is just as adequete in 3/4 as 4/3", u would find someway to argue it......lol I love the guy, have coming into the yr, and will continue to hope he's a possiblity for the giants.. I do have other players i obviously like as well for the gmen...

What do u think about jimmy smith and Demarcus Love? There just a couple more guys i really like along with j.jenkins..
    [/quote]

Dual threat - He does a lot of things well but nothing great.He seems like a guy that needs to be shuffled around to get maxium prudction out of him. Who drafts this guy is going to make a huge differance in how his career unfolds, Way more then the average NFL player. Thats whyI agree with Slip he is better off in a 3-4. U can utilize him to a greater capacity In that defense I believe

some videos on him , Technique wise its kind of bad but that can be fixed. Its sucks that the 2 games I watched where I saw a lot of snaps where widely regarded as his worst 2 games. .He is a little raw still and may benefit playing another year in college. Plays a little high for my liking especially for a guy thats 6-4. Sportzfans probably going to get crazy but I dont think he is 255 like he is listed. He has tools to work with though thats for sure may be a bit of a tweener though.

Demarcus Love is a guy I wouldnt mind drafting. I like Derreck Sherrod still the best followed by Joesph Barksdale.

[/quote] man, i've watched Ayers about 6times, i don't even need those video's... Remember i was talking about him as a 1st rder and half the people didn't even know who i was talking about? Same for Derek Sherrod.. I was talking about Sherrod as the best OT in the country when all u heard about was Costanzo Carimi and SOlder... I'm not saying Ayers is champ bailey, but for a team who like a Bigger SLB who can get to the passer, then why would u not like a guy who can play off his blocks and get that RB that is trying to bounce it outside and can also fake the blitz and drop into a zone or maybe take on a TE or something.. I mean, the more u can do, the more teams want u.. Ayers has extremely good hands and is a player i think will fit easily into any scheme.. Just as most were saying Sintim would go to a 3/4, i didn't buy that, i don't buy this.. IF anyhting, sintim was more suited then ayers, becuase sintim didn't do much of any covering... Also, i bet Ayers weighs closer to 247-250, then 255, because hes slender and Sleek, hes got size that fits either sceme, and the giants are also always looking for players that can get to the QB, and Ayers is a Player outside of just the Dline that can do that... I love him for a 4/3 and i love him for a 3/4....

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] he was almost never in a 3/4 in that tape..[/quote]

As for OTs, I dont pay much attention to offensive linemen, they are too boring to scout.[/quote] ok, and i don't see anything that screams 3/4 watching him.. Sure, its a good fit for him, but no more or no less then a 4/3... With all the 3/4 teams out there, sure he can go to a 3/4 team, but it woulden't surprise me in the least bit if he goes to a 4/3 team either, and the giants are always looking for players that can do multiple things, and with bullock getting old, Sintim not panning out, A.tracy getting hurt and not knowing much of what he'll do, and Ayers having almost identical size as Tracy and SIntim, and having more expierence in covering, then why not? I mean, they drafted both Trace and Sintim the last couple yrs, guys that people said were 3/4..

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

[/quote] man, i've watched Ayers about 6times, i don't even need those video's... Remember i was talking about him as a 1st rder and half the people didn't even know who i was talking about? Same for Derek Sherrod.. I was talking about Sherrod as the best OT in the country when all u heard about was Costanzo Carimi and SOlder... I'm not saying Ayers is champ bailey, but for a team who like a Bigger SLB who can get to the passer, then why would u not like a guy who can play off his blocks and get that RB that is trying to bounce it outside and can also fake the blitz and drop into a zone or maybe take on a TE or something.. I mean, the more u can do, the more teams want u.. Ayers has extremely good hands and is a player i think will fit easily into any scheme.. Just as most were saying Sintim would go to a 3/4, i didn't buy that, i don't buy this.. IF anyhting, sintim was more suited then ayers, becuase sintim didn't do much of any covering... Also, i bet Ayers weighs closer to 247-250, then 255, because hes slender and Sleek, hes got size that fits either sceme, and the giants are also always looking for players that can get to the QB, and Ayers is a Player outside of just the Dline that can do that... I love him for a 4/3 and i love him for a 3/4....
    [/quote]

Some 4-3 teams I do. If Spags was here I would like him more for the Giants. I like him for the Patriots or like slip said the Packers the best. Im not debating he has some upside though.Not sure what to think about Juniors in this class though. With the Labor situation who knows if these guys come out.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"] exactly.. He drops in coverege and rush's the passer...lol[/quote]
    SLBs in a 4-3 dont do much pass rushing, dont even usually stay on the field on passing downs.... Thats exactly what you want in a 3-4 SLB however. Pass rush ability combined with ability to drop in space.

The bottom line is the giants like big SLB"s, like Kiwi, A.Tracy and Sintim, and getting one that has some coverege ability is the perfect scenario...
    Right now the giants starting SLB is 235 pounds.... And before him was a 233 pound Danny Clark.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] exactly.. He drops in coverege and rush's the passer...lol[/quote]
    SLBs in a 4-3 dont do much pass rushing, dont even usually stay on the field on passing downs.... Thats exactly what you want in a 3-4 SLB however. Pass rush ability combined with ability to drop in space.

The bottom line is the giants like big SLB"s, like Kiwi, A.Tracy and Sintim, and getting one that has some coverege ability is the perfect scenario...
    Right now the giants starting SLB is 235 pounds.... And before him was a 233 pound Danny Clark.[/quote] i guess u forgot about Kiwi... i guess u forgot about sintim.. the only reason we picked up sintim in the draft was to rush the passer from the SLB positon.. And the giants have been trying to get away from the 230lb SLB, obviously.. Hence, Adrian Tracy, kiwi and Sintim.. We had our best success from the SLB when Kiwi was our SLB, for that short time, he was showing all sorts of potential before going back to DE because of injurys to OSI... Kiwi was Sacking the QB, Defending Pass's and really starting to make plays when he was are SLB, sintim has simply been a bust because hes so one dimensional and dosen't even do that well, to this point, and A Tracy got hurt... Ayers would be sensational for our team, but is one of many teams that could get em, so its very unlikley..

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] exactly.. He drops in coverege and rush's the passer...lol[/quote]

Right now the giants starting SLB is 235 pounds.... And before him was a 233 pound Danny Clark.[/quote] ya, well when your 2nd RD SLB has been a bust and A Tracy being injured, and jon goff winning the MLB job, u are left with Bullock at SLB... Its because the plans have not worked out for NYG, and GOFF has been good, that we don't have a 248-255lb slb out there for us..

[quote user="nycsportzfan"] the only reason we picked up sintim in the draft was to rush the passer from the SLB positon..* And the giants have been trying to get awa[/quote]

I disagree. Sintim was drafted to play the on the line LB in Sheridan's 4-3 under defense. A position the giants no longer use.

Kiwi at LB was really more of him being a standup DE than an actual LB.

The way Fewell calls his defense, you want pass coverage over pass rushing ability. How often have we seen Bulluck sent after the QB?