+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 562 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159559 ... LastLast

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] the only reason we picked up sintim in the draft was to rush the passer from the SLB positon.. And the giants have been trying to get awa[/quote] I disagree. Sintim was drafted to play the on the line LB in Sheridan's 4-3 under defense. A position the giants no longer use. Kiwi at LB was really more of him being a standup DE than an actual LB. The way Fewell calls his defense, you want pass coverage over pass rushing ability. How often have we seen Bulluck sent after the QB?[/quote]Yeah Kiwi wasnt really used like a normal LB and when he was put in pass coverage he looked very stiff.

Anyonw watching the Iron Bowl Alabama is kicking the snot out of Auburn

Marcel Dareus is playing out of his mind so far in this game. Lol a 15 yard punt from Auburn. I dont know whats going on with Auburn but they look like a Div 3 team right now. I mean if this keeps going like this game is going to be 56-0

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Marcel Dareus is playing out of his mind so far in this game.[/quote]

Fairley on Auburn is playing great too.

Nobody on Auburn can cover Julio Jones.

Anyone else have some questions on Newtons pro game after watching that first half yesterday

Anybody have any thoughts on 3rd down backs. I think its a need personally. Out of all of them I like Demarco Murray the best but I doubt the Giants would draft him. I would really like to get a 3rd down back with elite speed as well . One of my later rounds favorite is Barron Batch anybody got there own favorite

Chekawa is having a real good game for Ohio State. He has a well rounded game for a corner

[quote user="Neverend"]

Prince Amukamara is just as good as peterson. Doesn't get a lot of attention but I think he can even be better than peterson. Peterson's the better athlete and probably the best natural athlete in the draft, but Prince is slightly more polished and more disciplined than peterson who I've found to be somewhat overaggressive at times

Peterson reminds me of suh. Amazing athlete but doesn't have too worry much about technique because he can dominate players with his amazing athleticism. I think peterson will struggle in the NFL, a bit. Especially against receivers that are quick, percise, and polished in their route running.

[/quote]I just can't agree w/ this post. You make some valid points but Peterson is a much better all around cornerback and will be drafted higher and be more productive at the next level. You say Amukamara is just as good as Peterson? Patrick Peterson is a premier, top-flight corner w/ safety size, corner speed, and all the tools to be the next shutdown corner in the NFL. Prince will most likely be a top 10 pick but Peterson will be the first corner off the board and top 5 pick.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Anybody have any thoughts on 3rd down backs. I think its a need personally. Out of all of them I like Demarco Murray the best but I doubt the Giants would draft him. I would really like to get a 3rd down back with elite speed as well . One of my later rounds favorite is Barron Batch anybody got there own favorite

[/quote]out of seniors devine or locke outta kentucky.batch is a good one too but am wishing for a little more speed.

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]out of seniors devine or locke outta kentucky.batch is a good one too but am wishing for a little more speed.
    [/quote]Batch is a 4.45 guy but has decent size 5-10 208.I know what U mean thoughU want electric speed which would definitely be a plus. The thing that I like about Batch and something that shouldnt be over looked as far as 3rd down backs is that he can block real well. I am a fan of Locke as well though. He has that quick strike speed the offense is lacking. I think he is going to get drafted higher then a lot of the draftniks are predicting. I have seen him as a 5th or 6th rounder I think he goes higher if not your getting a steal. Im not sure where it is but I had him in my first mock draft for this year along with USC's Allen Bradford.