+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 562 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160560 ... LastLast

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Anybody have any thoughts on 3rd down backs. I think its a need personally. Out of all of them I like Demarco Murray the best but I doubt the Giants would draft him. I would really like to get a 3rd down back with elite speed as well . One of my later rounds favorite is Barron Batch anybody got there own favorite

[/quote]out of seniors devine or locke outta kentucky.batch is a good one too but am wishing for a little more speed.
    [/quote]Batch is a 4.45 guy but has decent size 5-10 208.I know what U mean thoughU want electric speed which would definitely be a plus. The thing that I like about Batch and something that shouldnt be over looked as far as 3rd down backs is that he can block real well. I am a fan of Locke as well though. He has that quick strike speed the offense is lacking. I think he is going to get drafted higher then a lot of the draftniks are predicting. I have seen him as a 5th or 6th rounder I think he goes higher if not your getting a steal. Im not sure where it is but I had him in my first mock draft for this year along with USC's Allen Bradford.[/quote]
    thought i read somewhere he ran 4.5's though he seemed faster in the game. all depends on juniors coming out and how he does at the bine. id say 4th-5th is very reasonable area for him and ,yes, could be a big steal.

oh yeah another guy i like who i always forget about is vai tuau(sp?) outta nevada. not a blazer, decent speed, runs very tough though and can catch. definite late round producer.

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Anybody have any thoughts on 3rd down backs. I think its a need personally. Out of all of them I like Demarco Murray the best but I doubt the Giants would draft him. I would really like to get a 3rd down back with elite speed as well . One of my later rounds favorite is Barron Batch anybody got there own favorite

[/quote]out of seniors devine or locke outta kentucky.batch is a good one too but am wishing for a little more speed.
    [/quote]Batch is a 4.45 guy but has decent size 5-10 208.I know what U mean thoughU want electric speed which would definitely be a plus. The thing that I like about Batch and something that shouldnt be over looked as far as 3rd down backs is that he can block real well. I am a fan of Locke as well though. He has that quick strike speed the offense is lacking. I think he is going to get drafted higher then a lot of the draftniks are predicting. I have seen him as a 5th or 6th rounder I think he goes higher if not your getting a steal. Im not sure where it is but I had him in my first mock draft for this year along with USC's Allen Bradford.[/quote]
    thought i read somewhere he ran 4.5's though he seemed faster in the game. all depends on juniors coming out and how he does at the bine. id say 4th-5th is very reasonable area for him and ,yes, could be a big steal.
    [/quote]4.5 U mean Locke or Batch. Locke looks a lot faster then 4.5 while Im watching the games

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]4.5 U mean Locke or Batch. Locke looks a lot faster then 4.5 while Im watching the games[/quote]batch, yeah locke has some wheels.

[quote user="heavyhitter"]I just can't agree w/ this post. You make some valid points but Peterson is a much better all around cornerback and will be drafted higher and be more productive at the next level.[/quote]

No, Peterson is a much better all around athlete. Technique wise, he is average at best as a CB. NFL WRs will work him until he improves his technique, in college he can get away with being bigger and faster than everyone, he wont be at the next level.

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]4.5 U mean Locke or Batch. Locke looks a lot faster then 4.5 while Im watching the games[/quote]batch, yeah locke has some wheels.
    [/quote]Yeah I could see Batch running a 4.5

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="heavyhitter"]I just can't agree w/ this post. You make some valid points but Peterson is a much better all around cornerback and will be drafted higher and be more productive at the next level.[/quote] No, Peterson is a much better all around athlete. Technique wise, he is average at best as a CB. NFL WRs will work him until he improves his technique, in college he can get away with being bigger and faster than everyone, he wont be at the next level.[/quote]Yeah its kind of hard to argue with that. Technically speaking Prince is the better corner. I like Petersons physical ability an upside more.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="heavyhitter"]I just can't agree w/ this post. You make some valid points but Peterson is a much better all around cornerback and will be drafted higher and be more productive at the next level.[/quote]

No, Peterson is a much better all around athlete. Technique wise, he is average at best as a CB. NFL WRs will work him until he improves his technique, in college he can get away with being bigger and faster than everyone, he wont be at the next level.[/quote]This is coming from a guy who said Kyle Wilson will be taken ahead of Joe Haden right before the draft. Tried telling you different but you weren't hearing it. I agree w/ you on most things, but not the issue of Peterson vs Amukamara. Google any scouting report and it will tell you Peterson is a better all around athlete so that is nothing new and next time you take my post and quote it, take the whole post and not bits and pieces. Did you agree w/ the rest of the original post?

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="Neverend"]

Prince Amukamara is just as good as peterson. Doesn't get a lot of attention but I think he can even be better than peterson. Peterson's the better athlete and probably the best natural athlete in the draft, but Prince is slightly more polished and more disciplined than peterson who I've found to be somewhat overaggressive at times

Peterson reminds me of suh. Amazing athlete but doesn't have too worry much about technique because he can dominate players with his amazing athleticism. I think peterson will struggle in the NFL, a bit. Especially against receivers that are quick, percise, and polished in their route running.

[/quote]I just can't agree w/ this post. You make some valid points but Peterson is a much better all around cornerback and will be drafted higher and be more productive at the next level. You say Amukamara is just as good as Peterson? Patrick Peterson is a premier, top-flight corner w/ safety size, corner speed, and all the tools to be the next shutdown corner in the NFL. Prince will most likely be a top 10 pick but Peterson will be the first corner off the board and top 5 pick.

[/quote]

[quote user="heavyhitter"]This is coming from a guy who said Kyle Wilson will be taken ahead of Joe Haden right before the draft. [/quote]
    That wasent right before the draft, that was right after the combine, when Haden ran a 4.5 something. Had Haden not ran a 4.4 flat at his proday, I still think Wilson would have gone first.

Google any scouting report and it will tell you Peterson is a better all around athlete
    Thats what I said. But technique wise he is not the better corner. He will go higher in the draft based on his physical skill set not because he is the better CB.