+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 562 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast
    All-Pro

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

So if Kiwi walks, and Osi gets dealt. Chances of us drafting a DE in the 1st two rounds are...?

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="CGYgiant"]any players to look for in todays bowl games?
    [/quote]

George Bryan,TE,NC State (JR)

One of the onlygood TE prospects and he isnt a lock to come out. If he does he would probably be number 2 on my prospect list at TE. Has the size to be a very effective well rounded TE.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/2010-...l-insight-bowl

. Robert Sands, S, West Virginia (JR)
    A much improved player over this season, Sands has moved from a decent in the box safety to a rangy threat against the run and pass. Heís become a more reliable tackler, heís shown he can defend backs and tight ends man to man, and has made many plays in short and mid-range coverage. Heíll need to show instincts and the ability to stay at home against a nimble quarterback.

Russell Wilson, QB, NC State (JR)
    A top baseball prospect who played this past baseball season and likely will try it out again this football off-season, Wilson may want to throw his hat into the NFL and see if he can stick. He moves very well, great accuracy and touch, and can also play in the pocket. His size and arm will hurt as well as sometimes inconsistent play, but he should make it very frustrating for the Mountaineers.

Noel Devine, RB, West Virginia
    A lightening quick back who will likely have to be a situational back at the next level, he has shown a very impressive burst out of the hole and the deep speed to score on any play. He canít carry the full time load in the NFL and has Darren Sproles-type potential, but he should be a handful for this NC State team.

Owen Spencer, WR, NCState
    He and Russell Wilson have had great chemistry all season, and Spencer development as a pass catcher as well as his draft stock have gone up significantly throughout the year. Spencer has used great routes and catching the ball at the highest point to out perform his cornerbacks, and I expect another big game from Spencer to cap over his career at NC State.

Nate Irving, ILB, NCState
    After a few devastating injuries over the early part of his career, Irving has proved, at least on the field, that he has just about fully recovered and has been a force all season long for this defense. Heís a consistent tackler with great range, and his athletic ability and hips likely make him a fit for most defenses at the next level.

Brandon Hogan, CB, West Virginia
    Hogan has dealt with injuries and a suspension for the early part of the year, but he should be ready to go to cap off his senior season at West Virginia as he hopes to regain the draft stock that he lost. Hogan has the hips and ball skills to be a starter at the next level, but heíll need to show the consistent speed, jumping ability, and tackling ability if he hopes to go in the first three rounds.

Scooter Berry, DT, West Virginia
    Another Mountaineer who Iíve seen develop over the past two seasons, better is a perfect fit for a 3-4 defense at the next level. He doesnít have a huge range of moves, but he moves well for his size, can get in the backfield, and can take up two defenders. Heíll try and set up this pass rush against NC State and has done well all season at helping his linebackers get into the backfield.

Julian Miller, DE, West Virginia (JR)
    My personal favorite from the Big East conference as far as surprisingly high prospects go, I scouted him in-depthly myself over the past two seasons, and I believe that he can be a very solid pass rusher at the next level in the right system. He hasnít been as consistent of a threat as youíd like, but he should be the lead man getting pressure on Russell Wilson in this one.

Missouri
    Tigers vs. Iowa Hawkeyes Ė Insight Bowl

Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
    At one point early in the draft season, Clayborn was the clear cut top defensive player in the country. But his lack of great production and other players emerging, heís fallen slightly. Still, his ability to fit in a 3-4 or 4-3 defense at defensive end and his range of pass rush moves still makes him a 1st rounder and a likely problem for the Missouri Tigers.

Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri (JR)
    Since he took over for Chase Daniel, Gabbert has been extremely impressive with his arm strength, deep accuracy, and ability to make plays when the offensive line breaks down. He hasnít been all that consistent over his career, but he has the size, arm, touch, and technique to be a starting quarterback in the NFL. Heíll have a chance to showcase his mobility in this one against a tough Iowa pass rush.

Christian Ballard, DT, Iowa
    Heís been overshadowed at times because of the defensive end production, but Ballard has been a force inside for this defense over the past two years. He has a few pass rush moves and engages well by keeping a low base, but he needs to show he can get in the backfield with more consistency and can stay at home against a team that runs quick routes, draws, and screen passes.

Tyler Sash, S, Iowa (JR)
    While some have viewed Sash as a possible 1st-2nd round safety prospect because of his range, tackling ability, and mid range ball skills, Sash still has to prove, to me at least, that he can defend the deep pass as well as be more consistent in quick man coverage. Heíll have that chance against the pass happy Missouri team.

Tim Barnes, C, Missouri
    One of the better senior centers in the country, Barnes has been a leader for this team for the past two seasons and has done a great job in getting to the second level for the inside running game. Heíll have a tough job setting his teammates up on the offensive line against one of the best in the country, and heíll likely have the most to gain from this game.

Ricky Stanzi, QB, Iowa
    Stanzi has not been physically impressive over the season and over his career, but he has the ability to keep his eyes down field and make a good throw in the short and mid-range area from different platforms and arm angles. Stanzi will likely struggle to have a shot at the NFL, but because of his winning ways and his scrappiness as a passer, he could get a look and should be a viable threat for this inconsistent Missouri secondary.

[/quote]

thanks dude this actually really helped, being up in Canada, american college football is rarely seen so again thanks. That Devine kid is incredibly fast wow

how about in todays games? I know tommorows games look better (i think) but it would be nice to know which players (games) to look forward too.

I hope we can snag Dwayne Harris. Hes such a weapon on STs

The more I think about the Tackles in this draft the more I think Demarcus Love of Arkansas may be the best pick. He can play both sides and does so often. Arkansas employs a Weakside/ Strongside Tacklewith Love as the weaksidetackle so he rarely has TE help. Love seems like a guy that they could use at Guard and be a very effective one at that. The Giants value this type of versatility out of there lineman. He has very good size and bulk and may have the most upside out of these O-lineman. I have a feeling once the draft approaches Love is going to be a guy that rises. I think he would be a very solid pick.As a second round pick he is a steal but I think as the draft approaches he will be a first rounder

A couple things from the Milatary Bowl. Maryland has some very solid players on there roster. The son of former Giant Dave Megget "Davin Megget" is a player I will be watching intentlynext season out of curiosity "I loved his father as a kidto bad he turned out to be a rapist ". Da'rell Scott is a very solid mid round RB prospect. Ive had an eye on him because he has some pop but is a better inside runner then he gets credit for, hell of a game today. Ive spoke a few times of Marylands Kenny Tate a 6-4 220 pound safety who will be the near the top of my board if he decides to come out. Tremendous athleticism and size and is good in coverage despite his height.

Martez Wilson MLB Illinois- Is a guy I would watch intently.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/2011-...ry-texas-alamo

Goodjob by by NFL House

East Carolina Pirates vs. Maryland Terrapins Ė Military Bowl

Alex Wujciak, ILB,
    Maryland
    One of the top linebackers in Maryland history and maybe the top ACC, production-wise, linebacker over the past three years, Wujciak has improved each year with his range, zone coverage ability, and blitzing ability. Heíll need to showcase those improvements with a very versatile, passing offense of ECU.

DaíRel Scott, RB, Maryland
    Scott impressed me last season with his tough running ability to break tackles at the second level and get up field. However, heís dealt with minor injuries, lack of great second level blocking, and an inability to break off numerous big plays this year. Heíll need to control the ball if coach Ralph Fridgen hopes to end his Maryland career with a win.

Dwayne Harris, WR, East Carolina
    Junior quarterback Dominique Davis has really helped Harrisís draft prospects by giving him numerous deep ball plays and really helping him get open with throws. Harris seems much more comfortable in deep and mid range routes, and has become a more reliable ball grabber.

Illinois Fighting Illini vs. Baylor Bears Ė Texas Bowl

Danny Watkins, OT, Baylor
    An athletic tackle that has shown off his movement all season, Watkins has been huge this year in his ability to block on the move and allow quarterback Robert Griffin to both develop as a pocket passer as well as give his run game some extra support. He could play left tackle in the right system in the NFL, and could be a mid round pick because of it.

Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor
    Another lineman who has improved over the season, Taylor has shown that he can both absorb two blockers as well as take advantage of one on ones to get in the backfield. He isnít a dynamic athlete and will need to improve his moves if he hopes to be a starter at the NFL level.

Martez Wilson, ILB, Illinois (JR)
    One of the top prospects coming out of high school, some off the field and injury issues have derailed what could have been a future 1st round pick dream. Still, Wilsonís athletic ability and movement in space means that if he declares, he could be a mid round pick who could develop in the pros. Most scouts, however, likely hope he stays for another season.

Nate Bussey, OLB,
    Illinois
    Not as athletically gifted or consistent as Wilson has been over his career, Bussey has been a consistent threat on the outside, both with his tackle-to-sideline range and his blitzing off the edge skills improving. Heíll struggle to make the NFL, but he will be crucial in keeping Robert Griffin of Baylor in the pocket.

Oklahoma State Cowboys vs. Arizona Wildcats Ė Alamo Bowl

Justin Blackmon, WR, OklahomaState (RS SO)
    Coming into the season, Blackmon was ready to take over for Dez Bryant as the teamís new feature receiver and a receiver with a bright future. Now, however, after having one of the most productive seasonís in college football history as a receiver and return man, heís eyeing Dez Bryant as being the higher of the two when it comes to draft area. If he declares, he could be looking at the middle to latter part of the 1st round.

Nick Foles, QB, Arizona (JR)
    While heís already come out and said itís very unlikely heíll declare for the draft, heíd be a solid 2nd rounder if he did. Foles has become a very solid pocket passer with improved deep touch and confidence in the pocket. He does have trouble moving to his left side as well as making something out of good pass rush, both of which heíll likely have a shot to prove wrong in this one.

Kendall Hunter, RB, OklahomaState
    Hunter would have been considered to be a mid rounder last year if he declared if it wasnít for an early season injury that kept him out much of the year, he has shown his NFL speed and quickness that could still make him a mid round pick thanks to a very productive season this year.

Colin Baxter, C, Arizona
    One of the better, more consistent centers in the country and over his career, Baxter has been known to be a team leader in the locker room and has contributed to the development of Adam Grant as well as the defensive lineman for this team. He moves well on the move, but his struggles against bigger nose tackles as well as his inconsistent blocking against blitzers.

Brandon Weeden, QB, OklahomaState (JR)
    Check out our article on Weeden HERE. While based on his play this year and his remaining year of eligibility, he should stay in college, things are unique for Weeden because of his age. Still, if he does declare, he could be a middle to late round pick, and should be able to utilize his weapons on offense enough, as heís done all year, to lead his team to a victory in what could be the big threeís final game.

Adam Grant, OT, Arizona
    A likely right tackle or guard at the next level, heís very similar to a lesser version of former Arizona tackle Eben Britton, currently in the NFL. He doesnít have great feet for pass blocking, but he can get the job done, and can run block well with good leverage. Heíll likely have to focus on the pass rush in this game that likely will be a shootout.

Ugo Chinasa, DE, OklahomaState
    Quite a productive defensive end over his career, heís been the reason over his career why many teams canít keep up with the Cowboys and their offense. Heís a bit undersized to be a standard NFL defensive end in a 4-3 scheme, but could be a good pass rusher at the next level, and should be a good match-up against Adam Grant in getting to quarterback Nick Foles

Veteran

A couple things from the Milatary Bowl. Maryland has some very solid players on there roster. The son of former Giant Dave Megget "Davin Megget" is a player I will be watching intentlynext season out of curiosity "I loved his father as a kidto bad he turned out to be a rapist ". Da'rell Scott is a very solid mid round RB prospect. Ive had an eye on him because he has some pop but is a better inside runner then he gets credit for, hell of a game today. Ive spoke a few times of Marylands Kenny Tate a 6-4 220 pound safety who will be the near the top of my board if he decides to come out. Tremendous athleticism and size and is good in coverage despite his height.

Goodjob by by NFL House

Alex Wujciak, ILB,
    Maryland
    One of the top linebackers in Maryland history and maybe the top ACC, production-wise, linebacker over the past three years, Wujciak has improved each year with his range, zone coverage ability, and blitzing ability. Heíll need to showcase those improvements with a very versatile, passing offense of ECU.

Scott impressed me last season with his tough running ability to break tackles at the second level and get up field. However, heís dealt with minor injuries, lack of great second level blocking, and an inability to break off numerous big plays this year. Heíll need to control the ball if coach Ralph Fridgen hopes to end his Maryland career with a win.

Junior quarterback Dominique Davis has really helped Harrisís draft prospects by giving him numerous deep ball plays and really helping him get open with throws. Harris seems much more comfortable in deep and mid range routes, and has become a more reliable ball grabber.

An athletic tackle that has shown off his movement all season, Watkins has been huge this year in his ability to block on the move and allow quarterback Robert Griffin to both develop as a pocket passer as well as give his run game some extra support. He could play left tackle in the right system in the NFL, and could be a mid round pick because of it.

Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor
    Another lineman who has improved over the season, Taylor has shown that he can both absorb two blockers as well as take advantage of one on ones to get in the backfield. He isnít a dynamic athlete and will need to improve his moves if he hopes to be a starter at the NFL level.

One of the top prospects coming out of high school, some off the field and injury issues have derailed what could have been a future 1st round pick dream. Still, Wilsonís athletic ability and movement in space means that if he declares, he could be a mid round pick who could develop in the pros. Most scouts, however, likely hope he stays for another season.

Nate Bussey, OLB,
    Illinois
    Not as athletically gifted or consistent as Wilson has been over his career, Bussey has been a consistent threat on the outside, both with his tackle-to-sideline range and his blitzing off the edge skills improving. Heíll struggle to make the NFL, but he will be crucial in keeping Robert Griffin of Baylor in the pocket.

Coming into the season, Blackmon was ready to take over for Dez Bryant as the teamís new feature receiver and a receiver with a bright future. Now, however, after having one of the most productive seasonís in college football history as a receiver and return man, heís eyeing Dez Bryant as being the higher of the two when it comes to draft area. If he declares, he could be looking at the middle to latter part of the 1st round.

While heís already come out and said itís very unlikely heíll declare for the draft, heíd be a solid 2nd rounder if he did. Foles has become a very solid pocket passer with improved deep touch and confidence in the pocket. He does have trouble moving to his left side as well as making something out of good pass rush, both of which heíll likely have a shot to prove wrong in this one.

Hunter would have been considered to be a mid rounder last year if he declared if it wasnít for an early season injury that kept him out much of the year, he has shown his NFL speed and quickness that could still make him a mid round pick thanks to a very productive season this year.

Colin Baxter, C, Arizona
    One of the better, more consistent centers in the country and over his career, Baxter has been known to be a team leader in the locker room and has contributed to the development of Adam Grant as well as the defensive lineman for this team. He moves well on the move, but his struggles against bigger nose tackles as well as his inconsistent blocking against blitzers.

Check out our article on Weeden HERE. While based on his play this year and his remaining year of eligibility, he should stay in college, things are unique for Weeden because of his age. Still, if he does declare, he could be a middle to late round pick, and should be able to utilize his weapons on offense enough, as heís done all year, to lead his team to a victory in what could be the big threeís final game.

Adam Grant, OT, Arizona
    A likely right tackle or guard at the next level, heís very similar to a lesser version of former Arizona tackle Eben Britton, currently in the NFL. He doesnít have great feet for pass blocking, but he can get the job done, and can run block well with good leverage. Heíll likely have to focus on the pass rush in this game that likely will be a shootout.

Quite a productive defensive end over his career, heís been the reason over his career why many teams canít keep up with the Cowboys and their offense. Heís a bit undersized to be a standard NFL defensive end in a 4-3 scheme, but could be a good pass rusher at the next level, and should be a good match-up against Adam Grant in getting to quarterback Nick Foles

[/quote]

Justin Blackmon is a beast, why isn't he getting the hype that Dez was?

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Goodjob by by NFL House

Alex Wujciak, ILB,
    Maryland

Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor

Nate Bussey, OLB,
    Illinois

Colin Baxter, C, Arizona

Adam Grant, OT, Arizona

[/quote]

Justin Blackmon is a beast, why isn't he getting the hype that Dez was?
    [/quote]

Very good crop of Underclassman WR's that can come out in this draft. Dez to me was by far the best receiver in the 10 draft. I had a Top 10 grade on him.

SomeCover 2 early from NC with Sturdivant at MLB. Hanging with Luke Stocker down the seam.Quan looking like liquid how fluid his movement is early in the game. Looks like he is back to his old self after being banged up most of the year

Kendric Burney with a nice pick under cutting the receiver. Thats how U play off man Terrel Thomas.Next timetry not to fumble the ball Burney.Sturdivant looking very sharp in pass coverage. Getting very good depth in his drops muddling up the throwing lanes

Veteran

SomeCover 2 early from NC with Sturdivant at MLB. Hanging with Luke Stocker down the seam.Quan looking like liquid how fluid his movement is early in the game. Looks like he is back to his old self after being banged up most of the year

[/quote]

bruce carter is not playing right?