+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 562 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast
    All-Pro

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="Neverend"]

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Neverend"]DE - JJ Watt - my favorite lineman in the draft. just absolutely dominant technician. not a great athlete but similar to clay matthews coming out his motor can compensate for that. if he doesnt declare this year definitely a top 5 pick next year[/quote] What? JJ Watt is 6'6 290+ pounds, hes a 5 tech in a 3-4 defense. And Clay Matthews was a great athlete coming out.[/quote]

and? lol. if u mean watt is a great athlete simply because of his size i guess thats a fair argument. from my observation JJ Watt does not look like an overly great athlete like a suh or allen bailey coming out. not to say he isnt athletic in his own right.I felt thatwas a slight issue derrick morgan had coming out last year too, not a great athlete that most 1st round picks are.Watt IMOwill be aDE in the nfl, doesn't really have the frame or size for a DT.

also couldve sworn the biggest criticism clay matthews had coming out was his lack of athleticism and upside. he did not have the superb athletic abilityofother LBs coming out of that year like cushing and curry. matthews was more of aelite quickness, high motorkind of guy

[/quote]

clay ran the fastest out of all those guys

[quote user="Neverend"]and? lol. if u mean watt is a great athlete simply because of his size i guess thats a fair argument. from my observation JJ Watt does not look like an overly great athlete like a suh or allen bailey coming out. not to say he isnt athletic in his own right.*I felt that*was a slight issue derrick morgan had coming out last year too, not a great athlete that most 1st round picks are.*Watt IMO*will be a*DE in the nfl, doesn't really have the frame or size for a DT.[/quote]

I thought you were saying that Matthews and Watt were similar players, which they arent at all. Watt will be a DE... a 3-4 DE, 5 tech. He does not have the burst to play 4-3 DE.

Mock Draft for final positoning

picking 19th overall...

1. Travis Lewis LB OU- We need playmakers at LB. A guy who can play pass and run....
    2. Davon House CB N. Mex St- Speedy CB who makes plays, must get fast on D..
    3. Justin Boren OG Ohio St- Mauler for the inside, to join snee in power run blocking...
    4. Jake Kirkpatrick C TCU- Mauler for inside, and hopeful future at the positon...
    6. Cameron Graham TE Louisville- boss is FA, graham is coming along nicely..
    7. Davonte Shannon SS Buff- Ultra productive safety, with much expierence...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Mock Draft for final positoning

picking 19th overall...

1. Travis Lewis LB OU- We need playmakers at LB. A guy who can play pass and run....
    3. Justin Boren OG Ohio St- Mauler for the inside, to join snee in power run blocking...
    4. Jake Kirkpatrick C TCU- Mauler for inside, and hopeful future at the positon...
    [/quote]
    like it. except for the 3rd. not giving up on mitch P just yet and isnt house projected as a mid rounder with 4.5 speed?

Veteran

picking 19th overall...

[/quote]

I'll take that draft. I don't know too much about the CB (the joys of working on Saturdays... doing my homework on him now Edit: Post homework; I'll take this kid in a heartbeat. Nice coverage, and a good in run support. Get him some good safeties (like Rolle, KP, Grant...) and he could be a beast. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9g1Ff0odmc )

I've got a gut feeling that the LB position will improve tremendously this off season... if Bullock sticks around, I think being another year removed from the knee injury and a full training camp will get him back to form (same for KP). Also, Goff has played better than anyone here suspected he would. I remember saying that the coaches may believe that he's the guy at MLB (which was why they didn't trade the whole draft for McClain, who they would've missed anyway, and didn't go after Dansby), and was mocked... However, he's been a good signal caller, and a force against the run. I like the idea of Lewis-(a healthy) Bullock- Boley for passing downs.

Another TE would be nice, and some more depth/ or upgrades at the OL would be great. I don't see Reese getting another RB, unless an elite one falls into his lap, or they can't keep Bradshaw. Ware is coming along nicely, and could be a definite weapon on 3rd downs.

One thing I'm curious/worried about is Chad Jones. I believe that he'll make his goal of being in training camp in 2012, but I wonder if the Giants will keep him under contract until then. They way this front office works, I think they'll try to make sure Jones, his GF/Fiance, and their child will be taken care of; but I don't know if the league will let The Giants IR him again... It would be great if Grant would stick around until 2012 and Jones comes back 100%. He would be an absolute beast in the 3 safety set.

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Mock Draft for final positoning

picking 19th overall...

[/quote]
    like it. except for the 3rd. not giving up on mitch P just yet and isnt house projected as a mid rounder with 4.5 speed?
    [/quote] nah, hes a sub 4.5 guy, most suggest 4.44 type speed, and hes a ballhawk, with 11ints and 3tds in his career to go along with i believe 23pass defended in the last 2seasons alone, and a Forced Fumble.. I've been doing some research on him for awhile now, and most got him RD 2 to RD 3... I'm not sold on Carmichael yet, as hes so hit or miss it seems, and Jalil Brown isn't that speedy type, more of a bigger guys like our guys we all ready got... We need a shifty, quick, cover corner, and House fits that mold... I have no problem going CB in RD 1 if Jenkins is still on the board either.... Boren is a big mauling sluggo type guy, and i think thats the idenity on the inside we need to get back to, and as much as i like petrus, i want a nasty, dirty if u will, player on the inside.. Boren and Moffitt are guys i love for our team... I would consider taking Moffitt in RD 2 and waiting on CB if we really like me, moffitt is awesome!

I could easily flip that mock, its just one mock, which as u know, if i decided to put OT in RD 1 or something, it would change the whole thing...
    For example
    1. derek Sherrod OT MISS ST- helped turn around Miss st program, with super run blocking
    2. Mason Foster SLB Wash- Tackle Machine, more of a traditonal 4/3 SLB...
    3. Brandon Boykin CB GA- speedy corner, good nickel back with possible starting potential
    4. weslye saunders te s.carolina- talented blocking TE with ever improving hands.top te potential
    6. tim barnes c mizzo- good center, who has a chance to go higher...
    7. davonte shannon ss buff

Its super tough to predict a mock for us, because theres alot of spots that need help

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Mock Draft for final positoning

picking 19th overall...

[/quote]

I'll take that draft. I don't know too much about the CB (the joys of working on Saturdays... doing my homework on him now Edit: Post homework; I'll take this kid in a heartbeat. Nice coverage, and a good in run support. Get him some good safeties (like Rolle, KP, Grant...) and he could be a beast. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9g1Ff0odmc )

I've got a gut feeling that the LB position will improve tremendously this off season... if Bullock sticks around, I think being another year removed from the knee injury and a full training camp will get him back to form (same for KP). Also, Goff has played better than anyone here suspected he would. I remember saying that the coaches may believe that he's the guy at MLB (which was why they didn't trade the whole draft for McClain, who they would've missed anyway, and didn't go after Dansby), and was mocked... However, he's been a good signal caller, and a force against the run. I like the idea of Lewis-(a healthy) Bullock- Boley for passing downs.

Another TE would be nice, and some more depth/ or upgrades at the OL would be great. I don't see Reese getting another RB, unless an elite one falls into his lap, or they can't keep Bradshaw. Ware is coming along nicely, and could be a definite weapon on 3rd downs.

One thing I'm curious/worried about is Chad Jones. I believe that he'll make his goal of being in training camp in 2012, but I wonder if the Giants will keep him under contract until then. They way this front office works, I think they'll try to make sure Jones, his GF/Fiance, and their child will be taken care of; but I don't know if the league will let The Giants IR him again... It would be great if Grant would stick around until 2012 and Jones comes back 100%. He would be an absolute beast in the 3 safety set.
    [/quote] ya, i hope things work out for chad, it stinks for us as well, because just losing 3rd rd picks is a killer...

picking 19th overall...

[/quote]The only thing is Travis might not come out. From what Ive been reading he is leaning towards staying which kinda sux.

House I cant wait to see in the Senior Bowl. The only thing thats sux is the best WR's are all Juniors but still it will be good to see him play against some top flight competition in the practices as well as the game.

I would rather get a tackle and a G/C but a case could be made that the interior of the line is where the problems lye because it is. Im hoping that with Diehl moving inside for a full year he will get used to it and get back to how he looked there before moving to LT.

I like taller TE's but in this class U cant be picky and Graham is solid for a 6th rounder.

Shannon Idont know much about but the measurables and production is good.

I really believe this offense needs a RB that can run routes and be a legitimate receiver out of the backfield

Veteran

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Mock Draft for final positoning

picking 19th overall...

[/quote]

[/quote] ya, i hope things work out for chad, it stinks for us as well, because just losing 3rd rd picks is a killer...
    [/quote]

Jones was the one guy I was REALLY psyched to see Reese draft. I couldn't wait to see what he could do concentrating on one sport, and I loved his size, speed, strength (never mind the 9 reps on bench, which, I maintain that a flat bench is a silly, arbitrary, and dangerous way to measure a football player's strength... hence the baseball pitcher basically not doing it, but just look at his hits in college), and his ball skills.

sucks :-(

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Mock Draft for final positoning

picking 19th overall...

[/quote]
    [/quote] nah, hes a sub 4.5 guy, most suggest 4.44 type speed, and hes a ballhawk, with 11ints and 3tds in his career to go along with i believe 23pass defended in the last 2seasons alone, and a Forced Fumble.. I've been doing some research on him for awhile now, and most got him RD 2 to RD 3... I'm not sold on Carmichael yet, as hes so hit or miss it seems, and Jalil Brown isn't that speedy type, more of a bigger guys like our guys we all ready got... We need a shifty, quick, cover corner, and House fits that mold... I have no problem going CB in RD 1 if Jenkins is still on the board either.... Boren is a big mauling sluggo type guy, and i think thats the idenity on the inside we need to get back to, and as much as i like petrus, i want a nasty, dirty if u will, player on the inside.. Boren and Moffitt are guys i love for our team... I would consider taking Moffitt in RD 2 and waiting on CB if we really like me, moffitt is awesome!

I could easily flip that mock, its just one mock, which as u know, if i decided to put OT in RD 1 or something, it would change the whole thing...
    For example
    1. derek Sherrod OT MISS ST- helped turn around Miss st program, with super run blocking
    2. Mason Foster SLB Wash- Tackle Machine, more of a traditonal 4/3 SLB...
    3. Brandon Boykin CB GA- speedy corner, good nickel back with possible starting potential
    4. weslye saunders te s.carolina- talented blocking TE with ever improving hands.top te potential
    6. tim barnes c mizzo- good center, who has a chance to go higher...
    7. davonte shannon ss buff

Its super tough to predict a mock for us, because theres alot of spots that need help
    [/quote]yeah i really like moffit as well but think he will go before us in the 2nd. I really want a beast at lb'r and like you said a shifty speedy CB. cant wait till the juniors are done declaring. gonna be a tough decision when we pick with all the talent that should be available.