+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 562 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

Any one have any good coaching canadites for the Michigan Job outside of Jim Harbaugh? Just curious... I was thinking of Gary Pinkel of Mizzo.. I liked him for the open FLA and Miami jobs, and i'll keep on that now. MIzzo is a power yr in and yr out since hes gotten there.. I remember the days when Mizzo was a bottom feeder and would get drilled yr in and yr out, and he desrves most to all of that credit, and getting guys like Aldon Smith, Blaine Gabbert, Sean Weatherspoon, Tim Barnes, Danario Alexander, Chase Daniel, Ziggy Hood, mike egnew, Chase Coffman, Jeremey maclin, willaim moore...etc..etc I mean, look at what he took over from coach larry smith and what hes turned this program into.. Gary Pinkel does not get nearly the respect and job offers from other programs that he should.. Teams like Michigan and the U should be lining up for his services... Lets see, Al Golden or Gary Pinkel.. Hmmmm???lol

Also, a guy i really like as a Head coach as a diamond in the rough, but certainly not big enough name, is Charlie Strong of Louisville.. Kudos to him, turning around Lousiville to the degree he has in one yr, all though with mostly someone else's plyaers.. He got those players to play pretty well for him, which is a good indicator of being able to coach, as Louisville was just bad last yr!
    And one more not big enough name would be Doug marrone of Syracuse.. I like players who turn around Awful programs Quickly, and hes done that, as there clearly relevent, and Marrone has both NFL and Colliegete Expierence... But first and foremost, if i can't get Harbaugh, i'm going after Gary Pinkel, and then i'll talk to charlie strong and Doug Marrone after that.. Those are my 3interviews right there to go along with Jim Harbaugh..

All-Pro

Charlie strong has deep ties in Miami and the rest of florida from his days at uf. He can definitely bring in athletes to whatever program he goes to

[quote user="nycsportzfan"] Any one have any good coaching canadites for the Michigan Job outside of Jim Harbaugh? Just curious... I was thinking of Gary Pinkel of Mizzo.. I liked him for the open FLA and Miami jobs, and i'll keep on that now. MIzzo is a power yr in and yr out since hes gotten there.. I remember the days when Mizzo was a bottom feeder and would get drilled yr in and yr out, and he desrves most to all of that credit, and getting guys like Aldon Smith, Blaine Gabbert, Sean Weatherspoon, Tim Barnes, Danario Alexander, Chase Daniel, Ziggy Hood, mike egnew, Chase Coffman, Jeremey maclin, willaim moore...etc..etc I mean, look at what he took over from coach larry smith and what hes turned this program into.. Gary Pinkel does not get nearly the respect and job offers from other programs that he should.. Teams like Michigan and the U should be lining up for his services... Lets see, Al Golden or Gary Pinkel.. Hmmmm???lol

Also, a guy i really like as a Head coach as a diamond in the rough, but certainly not big enough name, is Charlie Strong of Louisville.. Kudos to him, turning around Lousiville to the degree he has in one yr, all though with mostly someone else's plyaers.. He got those players to play pretty well for him, which is a good indicator of being able to coach, as Louisville was just bad last yr!
    And one more not big enough name would be Doug marrone of Syracuse.. I like players who turn around Awful programs Quickly, and hes done that, as there clearly relevent, and Marrone has both NFL and Colliegete Expierence... But first and foremost, if i can't get Harbaugh, i'm going after Gary Pinkel, and then i'll talk to charlie strong and Doug Marrone after that.. Those are my 3interviews right there to go along with Jim Harbaugh..
    [/quote]

Yeah Kevin Gilbride he would be awesome there, They should hire him

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]This Owen Marecic is a really good FB. I dont se him as much of a LB but he would probably be good on special teams[/quote] Hes just a type of player u want on your football team.. I love em!

How about Andrew Luck? HOLY SNOT BUBBLES!!! This guy is litteraly, amazing! These throws are outrageously good! Both pass's on the latest TD drive to fleeter to give STAN 36pts were downright amazing! THe one on 3rd down with future pro, steven friday right on his heels and hes running outside, kinda fading backwards, and he throws a perfect on the move throw floated directly to the WR in stride! WOW! Hes something!
    [/quote]he is amazing[/quote] I'm beggining to think Luck is the perfect draft prospect at QB.. It took me awhile, and i actually like Mallett better at one point, locker better, and newton, but i am a idiot!!!Lol This dude Luck, hands down, is the best QB in the country, and easily the NUM 1 draft pick, and u better start looking for trade partners CAR, because Claussen is not Andrew Luck! And i love claussen!
    [/quote]luck is gonna be a bronco. He might be the best college qb I've ever seen. And he can run! Hell I like Taylor over newton and what's his name from Ohio.[/quote] I here ya on Luck! But no way is Pryor or Taylor a better prospect then Cam Newton! Newton's arm alone destroys the other 2, and hes faster then Pryor with better accuracy... I've been saying this all yr, but CAM is a stud! Sure, his Offense is tacky, but he shows all the signs of being a stud, with Rocket, Accurate arm, blazing speed, elusiveness, and Ht and size to fight off sacks and see over the defense... Hes insane! My top 5 QB's in order...

1. Andrew Luck stan- I'd put him 1st and 2nd thats how much i'm sold on him...lol

2. Cam Newton aub- Kids got every tool, and he wins games, better stuff then tebow has, and tebow has shown some signs here toward end of yr after working in tacky offense...

3. R. Mallett ark- i really like mallett, reminds me of Matt Shaub...

4. Colin Kapernick nev- surprise pick here, but this kids got arm strength, HT and size, speed, and he wins games! He could be a draft steal!!!

5. Pat Devlin Del- i seen a playoff game he was in, and i see why Penn St wanted him, good arm, accurate, and good poise.. I expect early 2nd rd pick for him, maybe vikings..
    [/quote]i think TT has a higher ceiling than both of them. I also think he will worker harder than both of them as well. not saying either one WONT be a qb i just like TT more, personally. Did you see that TD he threw on the sideline in the first half? it was sick! i like kapernick as well, major project though,udfa . Devlin intrigues me but not sold on him yet. will be keeping a close eye on hime through the process.mallet, what can you say, back to back 30 td seasons., kid can do it all.

Sportsfan how about the year Carlos Dunlap had. It makes me wonder what he was doing at Florida. I thought after the 2008 season he was going to be the number 1 pick. He had an awesome combo of size and speed. Had this guy just decided to show up for the Gators he would of been a Top 10 lock. What a steal the Bengals got. Maybe the Best DE in the class in the 2nd round.

How about 9.5 Sacks in 12 games. 8.5 in the last 6 Everytime someone wants to make an argument against taking guys with incredible physical talent they bring up Vernon Ghoulston but forget guys like this.In my Mock I had the Bucs taking him Imagine if they had.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Sportsfan how about the year Carlos Dunlap had. It makes me wonder what he was doing at Florida. I thought after the 2008 season he was going to be the number 1 pick. He had an awesome combo of size and speed. Had this guy just decided to show up for the Gators he would of been a Top 10 lock. What a steal the Bengals got. Maybe the Best DE in the class in the 2nd round.

How about 9.5 Sacks in 12 games. 8.5 in the last 6 Everytime someone wants to make an argument against taking guys with incredible physical talent they bring up Vernon Ghoulston but forget guys like this.In my Mock I had the Bucs taking him Imagine if they had.

[/quote]

Yeap, was the best rookie DE. Definitely didn't anticipate him doing so well. I thought he was an inconsistent, poor motor guy with a lot of character issues. I knew he was talented but was going to be one of those guys who couldnt make it into the league because of his immaturity. Played really well as a situtional pass rusher

Rashad Carmichael played pretty decent yesterday. One thing I like about him is that the kid is pretty damn fast. I think he has 3rd/4th round value. Not someone I wouldn't mind the giants drafting. He does look a little frail though but some of these kids are still growing into their bodies

Man OSU is playing great tonight. Im a huge fan of 2 later round guys from OSU, Devon Torrence CB and Jeremile Hines S. Both high upside players. This OSU team is very talented

Holy crap Love threw that 260 pound guy to the ground like he was a rag doll

Wow mallet getting no help from his receivers

[quote user="thegreatone"]Wow mallet getting no help from his receivers[/quote]not sure what was going on there. Who was that pass 2