+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 562 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

Hmm well lets look at the potential players to be the #1 pick now...

Peterson, A.J. Green, Dareus, and Bowers (there's others but they come off the top of my head).

So if anyone was to trade for that #1 pick, I'd guess it to be someone close to having all the pieces and just needing one more position.

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Hmm well lets look at the potential players to be the #1 pick now...

Peterson, A.J. Green, Dareus, and Bowers (there's others but they come off the top of my head).

So if anyone was to trade for that #1 pick, I'd guess it to be someone close to having all the pieces and just needing one more position.[/quote]not many teams who are close to having all the pieces can afford to trade up to no1. dallas maybe, Ne has a butload of early picks but they always trade down not up. I think itll be green to car.clausen isnt horrible but their receivers are, except SS and he is old and injury prone.

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Well with Luck out of the draft now, the wisest thing for the Panthers to do is try and trade that 1st pick for additional picks if you ask me. .[/quote]

Without Luck, why would any team want to trade up?

Really the first overall pick has to be DL. No OTs worth it, CBs dont go that high.

Has to be either Dareus or Bowers. AJ Green is possible too, but needs to have a lights out combine.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="TheEnigma"]Well with Luck out of the draft now, the wisest thing for the Panthers to do is try and trade that 1st pick for additional picks if you ask me. .[/quote]

Without Luck, why would any team want to trade up?

Really the first overall pick has to be DL. No OTs worth it, CBs dont go that high.

Has to be either Dareus or Bowers. AJ Green is possible too, but needs to have a lights out combine.[/quote]

I don't think someone trading up for the 1st is smart but then again, not every GM makes wise decisions in regards to drafts. Remember last year, the Jaguars took someone that was expected to be a mid 2nd to early 3rd round pick (Tyson Alaulu). So I wouldn't be too surprised if someone thinks grabbing the 1st pick is smart.

[quote user="TheEnigma"] the Jaguars took someone that was expected to be a mid 2nd to early 3rd round pick (Tyson Alaulu). [/quote]

Alualu was expected to be a late 1st early 2nd rounder.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="TheEnigma"] the Jaguars took someone that was expected to be a mid 2nd to early 3rd round pick (Tyson Alaulu). [/quote] Alualu was expected to be a late 1st early 2nd rounder.[/quote]If I recall people thought he would begone by pick 40

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="TheEnigma"]Well with Luck out of the draft now, the wisest thing for the Panthers to do is try and trade that 1st pick for additional picks if you ask me. .[/quote] Without Luck, why would any team want to trade up? Really the first overall pick has to be DL. No OTs worth it, CBs dont go that high. Has to be either Dareus or Bowers. AJ Green is possible too, but needs to have a lights out combine.[/quote] I wouldnt want that pick now, They wouldnt pick Blaine Gabbert right?

[quote user="Redeyejedi"] I wouldnt want that pick now, They wouldnt pick Blaine Gabbert right?[/quote]

Or Locker even. I dont know. This is the same team that thought Jimmy Clausen could be a franchise QB.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="TheEnigma"]Well with Luck out of the draft now, the wisest thing for the Panthers to do is try and trade that 1st pick for additional picks if you ask me. .[/quote] Without Luck, why would any team want to trade up? Really the first overall pick has to be DL. No OTs worth it, CBs dont go that high. Has to be either Dareus or Bowers. AJ Green is possible too, but needs to have a lights out combine.[/quote] I wouldnt want that pick now, They wouldnt pick Blaine Gabbert right?[/quote] I woulden't want it either.. I mean, DE is not the best choice 1st overall, and its kinda early for Patrick Peterson, simply because hes all physical tools, and not all production, which i will always say, is most important.. Maybe they stay put and take AJ GREEN, that could be at least Justified.. Give Claussen a bonified number 1 weapon, then try hard to secure DJ WILLIAMS in RD 2... I know they need other stuff, but they are negative in the Weapon department.. U give Carolina AJ GREEN and DJ WILLIAMS to go with Gettis and Stewart, and a yr under claussen's belt, and at least u got a offense worthy of thinking about...

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Neverend"]

Mallet has a terrific arm but everything else about him is very, very flawed.This guy is going to need some serious refinement in his technique in the NFL, the scouts are going to rip him like they did tebow

[/quote] i tend to agree.. All though, i freaking loved Mallett before the game against Oh St, it really showed me what his flaws are, being that he faced a attacking defense, that continued to get pressure all game...
    [/quote]idk i think the oh st game made me like him even more. the way he handle the pressure and still delivered said a lot to me. Sure he needs some work, but what college QB doesnt? (besides luck, he is amazing;P)
    [/quote] there was a few plays, where if he had a Faster delivery, he'd of been able to at least get rid of the ball, and that hitch, just didn't allow it.. To me, he was shaken by the pressure, and really didn't handle it all that well, hes mighty slow on his feet, and again, just that little hitch in his delivery to go with that slowness, really worries me.. He reminds me of Shaub with a tad slower delivery, which is still good, but not superior.. THen again, for all i know, he could be the next Kurt Warner..lol