+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 562 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"] Mel Kipers Mock Draft is on Espn Right now, and let it be known, i had Mikel Leshoure moving up into RD 1 before him!!!!!lol I said expect him to have a ryan matthews, knowhson moreno type rise... Your beat Kiper!!!!lol
    [/quote]Leshoureis asolid player. Im for drafting him if they dont bring back Bradshaw or cut Jacobs. If there planning on keeping them bothhe doesnt make much sense.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Shrine Bowl practices started up today. Not sure if anyone belongs to any of the sites that have running blogs but if they do if they could paraphrase it would be cool. </P>

</P>

Rumor has itPatrick Peterson is down in FL working out with Sam Madision polishing up his technique</P>

Dontay Moch weighed in at 229 and is listed as an OLB for the West</P>

Here is the height weight chart</P>

EAST:

WEST:
    </P>

</P>

</P>[/quote] So many intresting prospects to even comprehend..lol Some of the Ht and Wt's are surprising, for the good and bad... Like mario butler only being a touch over 180... I could swear he was 190ish, watching him play.. Not that big a deal, just a tad surprising.. How about Barksdale at 336! Is he a Guard, ya think? Hes not overly athletic, and weights over the mid 330's, so a power guard may be best sutied, for barksdale.. I'm dying to no how fast Cortez Allen runs, with that size!
    [/quote]
    i know this is gonna be a good game. my favorite sleeper RB cooper is sounding good. wish taylor was a little taller as i love him as a project QB but i dont think he's any shorter than brees..is he?
    [/quote] the only problem is, he dosen't throw it like brees.. Taylor could be pretty solid, in due time, but Brees was a 2nd rd pick, who threw masterfully througout his college career, so the HT thing, matters little, when comparing the 2...

Taylor could be somesort of Wildcat weapon who potentially down the line gets a chance and is the type of QB who wins games with a mixture of using his feet, and timely throws, and making the big pass when needed, but i never see him slinging it around 30times a game, completing 22 of em, or anything like that, on the regular...

I'm a kapernick guy myself..
    [/quote]Yes it would be nice for the Giants to try to bring some different looks into the offense . We dont show enough in terms of formations and player groupings.Not sure how well either would grasp KG's offense . I like very much the idea of bringing in a 3rd QB thats athletic. It would give them a reason to be on the 53 man roster. If they arent on the roster though its a complete waste to use a draft pick. We drafted Bomar with a 5th rounder developed him for 2 years and he gets claimed. a total frickin waste

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Shrine Bowl practices started up today. Not sure if anyone belongs to any of the sites that have running blogs but if they do if they could paraphrase it would be cool. </p>

</p>

Rumor has itPatrick Peterson is down in FL working out with Sam Madision polishing up his technique</p>

Dontay Moch weighed in at 229 and is listed as an OLB for the West</p>

Here is the height weight chart</p>

EAST:

WEST:
    </p>

</p>

</p>[/quote] So many intresting prospects to even comprehend..lol Some of the Ht and Wt's are surprising, for the good and bad... Like mario butler only being a touch over 180... I could swear he was 190ish, watching him play.. Not that big a deal, just a tad surprising.. How about Barksdale at 336! Is he a Guard, ya think? Hes not overly athletic, and weights over the mid 330's, so a power guard may be best sutied, for barksdale.. I'm dying to no how fast Cortez Allen runs, with that size!
    [/quote]
    i know this is gonna be a good game. my favorite sleeper RB cooper is sounding good. wish taylor was a little taller as i love him as a project QB but i dont think he's any shorter than brees..is he?
    [/quote] the only problem is, he dosen't throw it like brees.. Taylor could be pretty solid, in due time, but Brees was a 2nd rd pick, who threw masterfully througout his college career, so the HT thing, matters little, when comparing the 2...

Taylor could be somesort of Wildcat weapon who potentially down the line gets a chance and is the type of QB who wins games with a mixture of using his feet, and timely throws, and making the big pass when needed, but i never see him slinging it around 30times a game, completing 22 of em, or anything like that, on the regular...

I'm a kapernick guy myself..
    [/quote] i like colin as well. i think taylor could be that guy too but will take some time. Brees didnt really come into his own till his 4th season. i dont think he will ever be as GOOD as brees, lets be honest not many will, but he will be a good qb imo. Colin is more accurate but i wonder how much of that is credited to the pistol offense ie players coming up to defend the run leaving wr's open. I wish taylor was a little more accurate but love his athleticism and the way he takes care of the ball.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"] Mel Kipers Mock Draft is on Espn Right now, and let it be known, i had Mikel Leshoure moving up into RD 1 before him!!!!!lol I said expect him to have a ryan matthews, knowhson moreno type rise... Your beat Kiper!!!!lol
    [/quote]Dude I almost got killed yesterday. This chick went through a stop sign and I Tboned her. I think my car is totaled.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] Mel Kipers Mock Draft is on Espn Right now, and let it be known, i had Mikel Leshoure moving up into RD 1 before him!!!!!lol I said expect him to have a ryan matthews, knowhson moreno type rise... Your beat Kiper!!!!lol
    [/quote]Dude I almost got killed yesterday. This chick went through a stop sign and I Tboned her. I think my car is totaled.[/quote]</P>

That sucks..</P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] Mel Kipers Mock Draft is on Espn Right now, and let it be known, i had Mikel Leshoure moving up into RD 1 before him!!!!!lol I said expect him to have a ryan matthews, knowhson moreno type rise... Your beat Kiper!!!!lol
    [/quote]Dude I almost got killed yesterday. This chick went through a stop sign and I Tboned her. I think my car is totaled.[/quote]wow! glad your ok man!

[quote user="Bignicks"]Mark Herzlich Boston College, if he comes back this year healthy the giants have to take him.[/quote]
    I've watch closely this kid career and absolutely love him ! Hope he stays healthy and I will be very, very happy if he gets to wear a Giants blue jersey in the near future.
    If he can say healthy I truly believe he can become a great play maker in the NFL. I will be ecstatic seeing him play the strong side for us for many years to come. He is indeed the perfect prototype SLB for the Giants IMO .
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] Mel Kipers Mock Draft is on Espn Right now, and let it be known, i had Mikel Leshoure moving up into RD 1 before him!!!!!lol I said expect him to have a ryan matthews, knowhson moreno type rise... Your beat Kiper!!!!lol
    [/quote]Dude I almost got killed yesterday. This chick went through a stop sign and I Tboned her. I think my car is totaled.[/quote]wow! glad your ok man!
    [/quote]Thanks man, the front end of my car got completly crushed.

[quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="Bignicks"]Mark Herzlich Boston College, if he comes back this year healthy the giants have to take him.[/quote] I've watch closely this kid career and absolutely love him ! Hope he stays healthy and I will be very, very happy if he gets to wear a Giants blue jersey in the near future. If he can say healthy I truly believe he can become a great play maker in the NFL. I will be ecstatic seeing him play the strong side for us for many years to come. He is indeed the perfect prototype SLB for the Giants IMO .[/quote]</P>

I agree that Herzlich has great playmaker potential due to his terrific motor, instincts, and leadership ability. But I don't know, before he got cancer this guy was an absolute thumper against the run. Now it seems like he sheds blocks pretty average now. Todd mcshay (yes him lol) said he has been following him and noticed that herzlich has been getting stronger in his play every week. That's a good sign. He didn't really stand out to me in the bowl game tho. The fact that he was going to be a top 15 pick before injury means a team will take a chance on him</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="lawl"]

A few people mind summing up the relative strengths of each round*of each position?[/quote]

Ask again on the 18th.

That way we will know what underclassmen have declared.[/quote]
    Bump