http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/2/15...onathan-martin

Excerpt: "You sent in questions, I have done my best to provide answers. Yes, it is 'Big Blue View Mailbag' time.

This week's Big Blue View Mailbag features questions about Ryan Nassib, Jonathan Martin and more. Let's get started.

Q: Why did #NYG totally neglect Nassib last year? -- @UpperWSGuy via Twitter

A: Here's the thing -- I don't believe at all that the Giants totally neglected Ryan Nassib last season. If you listen to Tom Coughlin the plan never was for Nassib to play during 2013, it was for him to sit and learn. If you watched Nassib last preseason and throughout training camp -- which I did -- there is no way he was ready to play and succeed in 'real' NFL games. That would have probably done him, and the Giants, more harm than good.

What we don't know -- and can't know -- is whether Kevin Gilbride and Mike Sullivan were able to devote time to his development throughout the season.

The better question to ask with Nassib is 'why did the Giants draft him in the first place?' It seems impossible that he would be their quarterback of the future -- Eli Manning has too much time left and is owed too much money. They didn't need him and could have used fourth- and sixth-round picks who might have had a chance to play. If Nassib doesn't win the No. 2 job in 2014 this pick looks like a disaster.

Q: Can you refresh my memory on what was Eli's draft scouting. I thought strong support as west coast QB. -- @Rico_Dolor via Twitter

A: Former Giants' general manager Ernie Accorsi is the one who was convinced Eli could lead the Giants to Super Bowl titles, about which he was correct. Whether or not Manning is a "rare" talent, which Accorsi thought, is debatable. Accorsi's full report does not discuss anything about the West Coast offense, or schemes in general. The report is eerily accurate about Manning, including forecasting the types of mistakes he has made as a pro. [Read the full report on Giants.com] Here is another college scouting report on Manning, this one a 2002 report from Tony Pauline, who remains one of the best NFL Draft analysts in the business." Read more...