+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

They key to VICTORY is not the D Line or Eli or running game, it's...

Our secondary. I keep seeing people saying our run game, D line or Eli putting up points is key to us winning. I think our secondary is the key. The reason being that we matched GB last time in points, while having very, very suspect coverage and poor defensive scheming. If we ASSUME that Eli will put points up, and ASSUME that our run game will be productive (GB has struggled here) and HOPE that we can cover their receivers and NOT GIVE RODGERS a QUICK TARGET (get physical with their receivers off the line...jam 'em) then we can ONLY ASSUME that our D Line can do it's job. If we can't cover, then we're forced to try to play catchup in the air. So I'm going to assume our other Giants units show up and hope our secondary plays lights out and forces Rodgers to take a wee little bit longer to throw, giving our KRAKEN a time to do their job. That, I think, is the key.
    Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray Handjob. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Re: They key to VICTORY is not the D Line or Eli or running game, it's...

Eli and the Giants offense need to consume clock and keep Rodgers off the field. Rodgers is a lot more mobile than Matt Ryan so the pass rush will have a tougher test this time.

[quote user="BigBlueOnes"]Our secondary. I keep seeing people saying our run game, D line or Eli putting up points is key to us winning. I think our secondary is the key. The reason being that we matched GB last time in points, while having very, very suspect coverage and poor defensive scheming. If we ASSUME that Eli will put points up, and ASSUME that our run game will be productive (GB has struggled here) and HOPE that we can cover their receivers and NOT GIVE RODGERS a QUICK TARGET (get physical with their receivers off the line...jam 'em) then we can ONLY ASSUME that our D Line can do it's job. If we can't cover, then we're forced to try to play catchup in the air. So I'm going to assume our other Giants units show up and hope our secondary plays lights out and forces Rodgers to take a wee little bit longer to throw, giving our KRAKEN a time to do their job. That, I think, is the key.[/quote]Nice passive-aggressive post. Can we ASSume the meds ain't kicked in yet?

[quote user="Gianthunter"][quote user="BigBlueOnes"]Our secondary. I keep seeing people saying our run game, D line or Eli putting up points is key to us winning. I think our secondary is the key. The reason being that we matched GB last time in points, while having very, very suspect coverage and poor defensive scheming. If we ASSUME that Eli will put points up, and ASSUME that our run game will be productive (GB has struggled here) and HOPE that we can cover their receivers and NOT GIVE RODGERS a QUICK TARGET (get physical with their receivers off the line...jam 'em) then we can ONLY ASSUME that our D Line can do it's job. If we can't cover, then we're forced to try to play catchup in the air. So I'm going to assume our other Giants units show up and hope our secondary plays lights out and forces Rodgers to take a wee little bit longer to throw, giving our KRAKEN a time to do their job. That, I think, is the key.[/quote]Nice passive-aggressive post. Can we ASSume the meds ain't kicked in yet?[/quote]

Haha good one! But I think I'm right. Of course we need a good run game and points, but I don't think we can match point for point at Lambeau if our secondary keeps giving up big plays. I could be wrong with our production, but GB consistently puts up huge numbers, we do on occasion.
    Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray Handjob. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

[quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]Eli and the Giants offense need to consume clock and keep Rodgers off the field. Rodgers is a lot more mobile than Matt Ryan so the pass rush will have a tougher test this time.[/quote]

I just don't see that happening. It's not in Gilbride's and Eli's DNA.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

[quote user="BigBlueOnes"][quote user="Gianthunter"][quote user="BigBlueOnes"]Our secondary. I keep seeing people saying our run game, D line or Eli putting up points is key to us winning. I think our secondary is the key. The reason being that we matched GB last time in points, while having very, very suspect coverage and poor defensive scheming. If we ASSUME that Eli will put points up, and ASSUME that our run game will be productive (GB has struggled here) and HOPE that we can cover their receivers and NOT GIVE RODGERS a QUICK TARGET (get physical with their receivers off the line...jam 'em) then we can ONLY ASSUME that our D Line can do it's job. If we can't cover, then we're forced to try to play catchup in the air. So I'm going to assume our other Giants units show up and hope our secondary plays lights out and forces Rodgers to take a wee little bit longer to throw, giving our KRAKEN a time to do their job. That, I think, is the key.[/quote]Nice passive-aggressive post. Can we ASSume the meds ain't kicked in yet?[/quote] Haha good one! But I think I'm right. Of course we need a good run game and points, but I don't think we can match point for point at Lambeau if our secondary keeps giving up big plays. I could be wrong with our production, but GB consistently puts up huge numbers, we do on occasion.[/quote]

part of what you say is correct however you cant assume the Giants O or pass rush or running game is going to do well. The Giants have to play a complete game from here on out.

The Giants need to move the chains via short pass and run and keep Rodgers off the field .as much as possible. The D needs a few 3 and outs and of course pressure pressure pressure.

The Dline and sedondary have to wok together and will help each other based on their respctivepeformance

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="BigBlueOnes"]Our secondary. I keep seeing people saying our run game, D line or Eli putting up points is key to us winning. I think our secondary is the key. The reason being that we matched GB last time in points, while having very, very suspect coverage and poor defensive scheming. If we ASSUME that Eli will put points up, and ASSUME that our run game will be productive (GB has struggled here) and HOPE that we can cover their receivers and NOT GIVE RODGERS a QUICK TARGET (get physical with their receivers off the line...jam 'em) then we can ONLY ASSUME that our D Line can do it's job. If we can't cover, then we're forced to try to play catchup in the air. So I'm going to assume our other Giants units show up and hope our secondary plays lights out and forces Rodgers to take a wee little bit longer to throw, giving our KRAKEN a time to do their job. That, I think, is the key.[/quote]

You may be right...

[quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]Eli and the Giants offense need to consume clock and keep Rodgers off the field. Rodgers is a lot more mobile than Matt Ryan so the pass rush will have a tougher test this time.[/quote]

I just don't see that happening. It's not in Gilbride's and Eli's DNA.
    [/quote]

That has little to do with Eli or Gilbride. In 2008 we had a strong run game and consistently moved down the field with long, methodical drives.

We are no longer capable of doing that with any consistency.

It's not a matter of strategy, it's just the reality of what we are working with- big play receivers and no offensive line.

I agree, secondary needs to play sharp, packers have too many weapons

Posted about an ago in News and Blogs:

1) The Key to beating the Packers is the Giants Pass Rush.

John Schmeelk: Fact -
    In
    order to disrupt any passing game, a team has to make the opposing
    quarterback uncomfortable and itís no different with Aaron Rogers. It
    canít, however, just be the pass rush. The secondary must do their part,
    and the defensive line can help by getting their arms up in passing
    lanes as well. The key to the Giants defensive resurgence has been the
    pass rush and it will be no different Sunday.

Dan Salomone: Fiction -
    Itís
    a critical facet of the overall formula to beating the Packers, but
    itís not the be-all, end-all. The key is going to be time of possession.
    And how do you get that? Run the ball. Balance. Have long, methodical
    drives so, as Chris Canty
    says, the defense can put their feet up on the sidelines and save their
    energy. Not to mention it also keeps Aaron Rodgers off the field. In
    their only loss, the Kansas City Chiefs controlled the clock by 13
    minutes.

Michael Eisen: Fiction -
    I think itís a key, not THE key. To me the bigger factor is ruing the ball well and keeping it away from the Packersí offense.