+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: True Detective

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Yeah the 4th was definitely a thriller and the 5th was like a giant mind game I swear. This show is going to have some twist that totally blows my mind I can already see it coming. I have no clue how the writer comes up with this dialogue haha it is crazy
    The 4th episode was crazy... don't want to ruin it for anyone but you know what I'm talking about when I say the ghetto part was nuts. The writing is excellent, really the show is brilliant.
    Should the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    The 4th episode was crazy... don't want to ruin it for anyone but you know what I'm talking about when I say the ghetto part was nuts. The writing is excellent, really the show is brilliant.
    For sure man I thought it was an unbelievable job by the film crew on that episode. The last 6 minutes being a single shot was amazing really.

****** DO NOT WATCH UNLESS FINISHED WITH EPISODE 5 ALREADY******

Something crazy is about to go down!

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

I know right..lol. As soon as it is over, I wish everyday could skip until 9 o'clock Sunday night. I actually catch the 11 o'clock time so I can watch the Walking Dead first to get it out of the way.

I have no idea where this show is going you think one thing and then bam something crazy happens. Some of the **** Cohle says makes sense in a sick sort of way. I will say this, this is Mcconaughey and Harrelson's best work...especially Mcconaughey.
    Mcconaughey is absolutely killing it. He seriously makes you think so much about everything he says. I know what you mean when it seems like a lot of the stuff he says makes sense in a sick way. This show really makes you think. Especially the **** Cohle says. Also some of the stuff that the random others say.... This show is taking an almost a horror turn it seems like

Warning, you will be hooked from for episode one and watch ever one right after another.
    Eh, it didn't capture me. I'm gonna give episode 1 another try. I downloaded all 5, though.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Eh, it didn't capture me. I'm gonna give episode 1 another try. I downloaded all 5, though.
    It is kind of a different start but once you start going it gets extremely good. Episode 3 for me when was when I really started getting into it. Episode 4 got me hooked and Episode 5 made this week break in between almost unbearable so far haha

you got me hooked. the first few episodes the story was realllll slow, but the psychologic profiles and philosophy were incredible, so i kept watching. episode 3 is finally when the story picked up. now im hooked. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    you got me hooked. the first few episodes the story was realllll slow, but the psychologic profiles and philosophy were incredible, so i kept watching. episode 3 is finally when the story picked up. now im hooked. thank you
    You are welcome! Yeah it started off a bit slow for my liking as well but episode 3 was when it picks up quite a bit like you said. Did you check the preview for episode 6?! It looks ****ing nuts!

I agree 100% about the psychological profiles and philosophy. The writing is brilliant IMO

I put subtitles on and have actually enjoyed it a lot more. It reads very well and I don't constantly have that "what am I missing?" feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    You are welcome! Yeah it started off a bit slow for my liking as well but episode 3 was when it picks up quite a bit like you said. Did you check the preview for episode 6?! It looks ****ing nuts!

I agree 100% about the psychological profiles and philosophy. The writing is brilliant IMO
    yeah i watched the preview. i'm excited. although im not sure how i feel about them using a different cast for each season. did you hear about that? i'll give them the benefit of the doubt though. it definitely will not let them drag the story out. they will most likely have to end this story this season

Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    yeah i watched the preview. i'm excited. although im not sure how i feel about them using a different cast for each season. did you hear about that? i'll give them the benefit of the doubt though. it definitely will not let them drag the story out. they will most likely have to end this story this season
    Yeah I heard that... the way I understood it was that it was going to be a completely different story line each season. So this will wrap up in the next few episodes which makes for an epic last few shows. I am so pumped for the next episode like it is crazy. I have not been this hooked on a season in a long time. I think it is all of the psychological **** that makes you want to keep watching more. I have re watched a lot of episodes and realized they give hints of what is to come in later episodes. I still have no idea where this is going to go.

*DON'T READ UNTIL CAUGHT UP
    I feel like from the preview and the last episode they are trying to make it look like Cohle is the killer but I have a very hard time believing that. I think that would be too predictable for this writer. I have seen a theory that said that they think that Marty's daughter is doing copycat murders because she hates her dad. I could see that I guess but I feel like this next episode will maybe give us a better idea of who the possible suspects are...
    Last edited by NYGfanSTRICK; 02-22-2014 at 05:10 PM. Reason: typos