Hey guys, I see too many posts about drafting a linebacker in the 1st round. It's not happening because we don't need one...

Our linebacker core (WHEN HEALTHY*) is extremely underrated... Jonathan Goff was a great two down run defending linebacker who tore his ACL but he'll be back next season. Michael Boley is very good and his replacement (Jacquian Williams) has already been drafted. And then we have Kiwi who's made the full transition to OLB.

The Giants have 4 very solid linebackers...

Now here are my thoughts on the draft... our immediate needs are offensive line and maybe cornerback (depending on who we sign/resign in free agency). Yes you could argue that RB and TE could be needs but we don't ever draft RB's or TE's in the 1st or 2nd round.

This draft is TOP HEAVY in offensive linemen (particularly tackles)... I think that's what we take with our 1st pick.

Also for everyone saying we're gonna draft another DE, keep in mind that this draft is very weak in the DE department and there is only 1, maybe 2 legit DE 1st rounders. As for cornerback I could see us taking one through BPA if a guy like Dre Kirkpatrick falls to us but again, I doubt that's gonna happen.