+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

our special teams is due for a big PR/KR

feels like it's been forever since we've had a return on special teams for a big gain, let alone a TD. but it's one thing that would be huge for this team come sunday. i think our defense will outplay green bays, and our offense will put up the points to keep it close at least. but a return for a TD could mean all the difference in the game. just got a feeling like we're due for one finally.

Bench Player

Re: our special teams is due for a big PR/KR

amen

agreed..how nice would that be to get some points from our special teams or even an INT return on D just somethin.. it feels like 09 when hixon was returning kicks is the last time we got one.. it seems more likely this blackmon dude is gonna have a big fumble before a big return tho. im always yelling at my tv, just go down, eli can handle it from there

LOL they aren't due they're waaaaay overdue. At least they haven't been giving up the long returns on a regular basis lately.....

All-Pro

I don't know about a return, but they have been getting very close to blocking a punt.

Tuck was so close last week I don't know how he didn't block the punt.

I want to see Scott back there returning punts the kid can flat out fly...

[quote user="sweetlou56"]agreed..how nice would that be to get some points from our special teams or even an INT return on D just somethin.. it feels like 09 when hixon was returning kicks is the last time we got one.. it seems more likely this blackmon dude is gonna have a big fumble before a big return tho. im always yelling at my tv, just go down, eli can handle it from there[/quote]
    me too.....I have no faith in them to run it back, the return team is awful. Seems like whether its Jernigan or Blackmon, they just have no where to go and usually end up in a nasty collision.

I'm always holding my breath on every punt that the return man doesn't fumble.

[quote user="buddy33"]I don't know about a return, but they have been getting very close to blocking a punt.

Tuck was so close last week I don't know how he didn't block the punt.[/quote]
    +1...seems like on every punt we hear everyone say "ooooooh!" because of how close we keep coming to blocking them. We could really use one of those in a big game such as this one. I heard that we use a special formation where we have 3 or 4 DE's on the line or something.

im just sick of being content with the return man simply catching the ball. every time our guy catches it, i let out a sigh of relief. it's time for a big play for once.

Is Hixon healthy and available?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1