+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

KC Page to take from!

KC took away the base behind the GB offense which is the slant. Even when they took us apart last year before the playoffs it was the slant that could not be stopped. They used the same thing into the playoffs/Superbowl and have done the same this all this year. From what I understand KC used man to man defense on the outsides and used the outside Lbs to take away the quick inside slants...Regardless Romeo took much away as they really shut tem down. I think all we have to do is limit them. I watched ESPN and they were saying Rodgers and the Offense will get their 30 points. Well that is unacceptable to me and I think we can limit them. I think if we can keep them around 24 points or less then we are going to have a great chance. Also, we are the better overall football team, many have agreed with this, we ned t take away Rodgers somehow as to me he is their team.

All-Pro

Re: KC Page to take from!

[quote user="harrycarson"]KC took away the base behind the GB offense which is the slant. Even when they took us apart last year before the playoffs it was the slant that could not be stopped. They used the same thing into the playoffs/Superbowl and have done the same this all this year. From what I understand KC used man to man defense on the outsides and used the outside Lbs to take away the quick inside slants...Regardless Romeo took much away as they really shut tem down. I think all we have to do is limit them. I watched ESPN and they were saying Rodgers and the Offense will get their 30 points. Well that is unacceptable to me and I think we can limit them. I think if we can keep them around 24 points or less then we are going to have a great chance. Also, we are the better overall football team, many have agreed with this, we ned t take away Rodgers somehow as to me he is their team.[/quote]
    All we need to watch is the tape of the KC game and the tape of our game with them
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Thanks Romeo.

[quote user="Gianthunter"]Thanks Romeo.[/quote]Bye the way. Never preface anything with "ESPN says". just sayin ya know.

[quote user="Gianthunter"][quote user="Gianthunter"]Thanks Romeo.[/quote]Bye the way. Never preface anything with "ESPN says". just sayin ya know.[/quote]LMFAO!!! So true. I remember when ESPN first came on the air I would watch sportscenter every day. Over the years their endless self promotion, shtick and bias eroded all of their credibility. I can't even watch 2 seconds of Chris "comb over" Berman without gagging....

[quote user="harrycarson"]KC took away the base behind the GB offense which is the slant. Even when they took us apart last year before the playoffs it was the slant that could not be stopped. They used the same thing into the playoffs/Superbowl and have done the same this all this year. From what I understand KC used man to man defense on the outsides and used the outside Lbs to take away the quick inside slants...Regardless Romeo took much away as they really shut tem down. I think all we have to do is limit them. I watched ESPN and they were saying Rodgers and the Offense will get their 30 points. Well that is unacceptable to me and I think we can limit them. I think if we can keep them around 24 points or less then we are going to have a great chance. Also, we are the better overall football team, many have agreed with this, we ned t take away Rodgers somehow as to me he is their team.[/quote]
    We are the better overall football team? They are the 15-1 defending champs. If we had played to like a 12-4 record then maybe I'd agree, but just because we've finally been coming together doesn't mean that we, or I, can say that we're the better team. THAT needs to be proven on the field.

And I'm not dumping on Fewell, but he's got to prove to me that he can shut down (or limit) a prolific O like GB's. I'm not saying that he can't do it, but I want to see that he's not going to brain-fart or refuse to make in-game adjustments.

Still, it's an interesting post and I'm sure Fewell has watched tape of the KC game 10 times at least. Crenell is one heck of a DC and it would take one heck of a DC to figure out that GB offense.

And Eli should pass, pass, pass. Always use your best weapons and our best weapons are our WRs. Can we just face it once and for all? Bradshaw and Jacobs are ordinary.

GB has the worst pass defense in the league. The only close second is NE and nobody's close behind them. GB gives up 300 yards/game passing. There's no way they can cover our WRs. Eli should shred them for 500 yards.

[quote user="krygny"]And Eli should pass, pass, pass. Always use your best weapons and our best weapons are our WRs. Can we just face it once and for all? Bradshaw and Jacobs are ordinary.

GB has the worst pass defense in the league. The only close second is NE and nobody's close behind them. GB gives up 300 yards/game passing. There's no way they can cover our WRs. Eli should shred them for 500 yards.

[/quote]
    I'm torn on that. I normally would say that since our running game seems to be coming around that we should make use of it. However, if we can shred them then that is very tempting to just go ahead and use our strength against their weakness.

I'd have to go with trying to establish the run.

[quote user="krygny"]And Eli should pass, pass, pass. Always use your best weapons and our best weapons are our WRs. Can we just face it once and for all? Bradshaw and Jacobs are ordinary.

[/quote]

glad you're not the coach. bradshaw and jacobs have been great and key to our success. they help our defense by keeping them off the field and running clock...and by setting the tone with their physical running style. not to mention it will be cold sunday. perfect time to run violently.

did you not watch the game with the pack earlier this year. we ran the ball very well.

you gotta establish the run to throw the ball. plain and simple. well...maybe with easy e you don't, but you can only ask the guy to do so much.

Veteran

its not hard for professionals. press man OLB's cover short yard passes like the slant and 4 man pressure 5 men on some plays. safetys over the top covering the corners of middle depending on what we see, or coming down to cover finley. its all boils down to how fast we get to rogers if we can disrupt his timing with his receivers then we can close him off we cannot allow him to scramble.

offense needs to take creative shots down field to get the ball rolling and momentum high we need green bay to be playing from behind that the best way to beat any team have them playing from behind early whether its by 7 or 3 eventually their going to have to take riskier plays and that's where you get them.
    RD1. DT Aaron Donald PITT / ARD1. CB Justin Gilbert OKST
    RD2. TE Jace Amaro Texas Tech
    RD3. CB Stanley jean Baptiste Nebraska / ADR3. DT Dominique Easley Florida
    RD4. WR Cody Latimer Indiana
    RD.5 DE Ed Stinson Alabama
    RD5B. C/OG Tyler Larsen Utah
    RD6. OLB Kevin Pierre-Louis Boston College