+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 85 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PennState1 View Post
    Right! How some think that your #1 WR can go through an entire season without a TD and not have it negatively impact how he is viewed by the fans, his team, his QB and the front office is beyond me. Yards are great, but they don't mean anything without points on the board.

When you add the fact that even casual fans noticed him quitting on routes, not going up for the ball they way we know he can, and pulling himself from a game in frustration what do you expect fans will say about him? Then you hear the guy is not showing up for treatments and getting fined? In the end, after keeping his mouth shut on the subject all year, the head coach feels it necessary to finally say something about the situation he is somehow "throwing Nicks under the bus"???? Give me a break!

Some argue that he should get a big contract or the tag? Why? The guy hasn't produced meaningful results in 2 years. Adios. Thanks for a couple of good years, good luck to you and remember, the grass is not always greener where you end up. Just ask other ex Giants who thought they could do better elsewhere.
    Great points and great post.

People complain that the Giants need to stop spending money on players that don't deserve it, but then they think it's a good idea to franchise a player that was unproductive and in some ways quit on the team in a contract year.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    Great points and great post.

People complain that the Giants need to stop spending money on players that don't deserve it, but then they think it's a good idea to franchise a player that was unproductive and in some ways quit on the team in a contract year.
    Lmao it's nonsense.

Fools......yds keep drives alive and lead to points......so if Cruz scores 4 TDs and has a 285 yd year at 5.6 YPC he's doing his job

Pts should be scored from all hands positions.........All Nicks got was that silly corner fade that they might as well pre-announce on the Jumbotron

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Lmao it's nonsense.
    somehow quit on the team?? hmmmm do you have a locker room pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    And because another team will be stupid and overpay for him that somehow will justify it or mean that we should?
    It's a calculated risk. With a new offense, upgraded O-line, and a refocused Eli Nicks should produce. He's not far off the production of the guys that set the market this past offseason, and that is without all the factors I mentioned in the preceding sentence.

Though, the more I think about it the more I think we were never going to put that kind of money in to 2 WRs no matter how well Nicks played.

Out of all the WRs I want Evans in the draft. RR could make a leap this year as well.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Fools......yds keep drives alive and lead to points......so if Cruz scores 4 TDs and has a 285 yd year at 5.6 YPC he's doing his job

Pts should be scored from all hands positions.........All Nicks got was that silly corner fade that they might as well pre-announce on the Jumbotron
    A play the he routinely scored on almost every time it was thrown to him in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    It's a calculated risk. With a new offense, upgraded O-line, and a refocused Eli Nicks should produce. He's not far off the production of the guys that set the market this past offseason, and that is without all the factors I mentioned in the preceding sentence.

Though, the more I think about it the more I think we were never going to put that kind of money in to 2 WRs no matter how well Nicks played.

Out of all the WRs I want Evans in the draft. RR could make a leap this year as well.
    And you have just doubled you chances at success and built for the future. Now you are thinking like a world class GM!!

Quote Originally Posted by PennState1 View Post
    A play the he routinely scored on almost every time it was thrown to him in the past.
    It has to be thrown perfectly for it to work, and the opponents now get a written contract before they line up that its coming

Maybe mix it up a bit Kevin???

Oh right

They fired you for that sort of idiocy

somehow quit on the team?? hmmmm do you have a locker room pass?
    maybe.

It has to be thrown perfectly for it to work, and the opponents now get a written contract before they line up that its coming

Maybe mix it up a bit Kevin???

Oh right

They fired you for that sort of idiocy
    Nicks can't catch a fade on any route in the end zone.