+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 85 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    If Nicks had balled out this year, the FO would have done all it could to make a serious offer to him.

And different positions have different values. Cruz is okay on the outside, but he earns his living in the slot.
    i think the organization made their decision on Nicks when they signed Cruz.

i have a hard time believing you could have 30% of your cap for a 53 man roster tied up in 3 players who are all part of the same mini-unit (WR/QB) within the same unit (offense).

The moment they agreed to pay Cruz up to $9 mill a season, Nicks was basically on his way out.

Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    Don't be silly. Of course that was said before.
    By idiots lol

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    If Nicks had balled out this year, the FO would have done all it could to make a serious offer to him.

And different positions have different values. Cruz is okay on the outside, but he earns his living in the slot.
    This is what I'm trying to stay.
    I highly doubt the Giants would just Nicks walk if he had a great season. They would have made him a good offer.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post

i have a hard time believing you could have 30% of your cap for a 53 man roster tied up in 3 players who are all part of the same mini-unit (WR/QB) within the same unit (offense).

The moment they agreed to pay Cruz up to $9 mill a season, Nicks was basically on his way out.
    The way Cruz' contract was structured, we very well could have cut him after year three, which is when Randle would be up for a contract. So, if you staggered Nicks' money early it could have mitigated the cap hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    This is what I'm trying to stay.
    I highly doubt the Giants would just Nicks walk if he had a great season. They would have made him a good offer.
    Yeah, whether or not we got out bid is a different story, but we definitely would have been in it.

I agree with your point on tying up too much money in WR/QB.

But if the 2013 Nicks was the same as 2011 Nicks then they'd keep him. You have to pay your players who are performing at a high level, especially if they are 26 years old like Nicks. To me, he was the 2nd biggest disappointment on the team, OL being the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I love you all.
    I know.

I think most are of the opinion that Eli needs elite weapons to succeed. Its why we had plax and still consistently drafted receivers high. They will be looking for another one if they lose nicks. Cruz can't be Elis only option.

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    I agree with your point on tying up too much money in WR/QB.

But if the 2013 Nicks was the same as 2011 Nicks then they'd keep him. You have to pay your players who are performing at a high level, especially if they are 26 years old like Nicks. To me, he was the 2nd biggest disappointment on the team, OL being the first.
    i dunno. i don't think you can run a team that way. I guess you can try, but it forces you to make some truly stupid decisions elsewhere on your roster. I don't think it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by TooEasy2 View Post
    I think most are of the opinion that Eli needs elite weapons to succeed. Its why we had plax and still consistently drafted receivers high. They will be looking for another one if they lose nicks. Cruz can't be Elis only option.
    i look at it differently. They draft receivers high not because they think he needs elite talent, but they know they can't retain these multiple WRs if they produce at an elite level so they have to keep refilling the bucket.

most of the other teams in the NFL with a $20 mill QB do basically the same thing. They might keep one gamer at WR, but the rest of those skill spots are revolving doors.