+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 85 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 844
  1. #491
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Because in the salary cap era you can't afford to be awesome at every position. You must know that, no?
    Unless you were built like the Seahawks..

  2. #492
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Unless you were built like the Seahawks..
    They aren't awesome at every position. Their OL isn't that great, and their WRs, while serviceable, aren't really great (save for Harvin). Their TE's are about average to good, but not excellent.

    Their defense is pretty stocked for the time being.

    They were also lucky enough to hit on an abnormally high number of mid-to-late rounders, most of whom are still on rookie deals.

  3. #493
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    They aren't awesome at every position. Their OL isn't that great, and their WRs, while serviceable, aren't really great (save for Harvin). Their TE's are about average to good, but not excellent.

    Their defense is pretty stocked for the time being.

    They were also lucky enough to hit on an abnormally high number of mid-to-late rounders, most of whom are still on rookie deals.
    They have a good QB, that makes no money.. That's a big reason they have such a nice roster..

  4. #494
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,851
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    Nicks, Myers, and the OL pist me off. Beason, Hill, Tuck, McBride, and DT's, ....well done.
    You didn't get pist of watching Eli though?
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

  5. #495
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,851
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    Just saw your sig. Why do you want to spend a 1st round pick on a CB when Prince and McBride are decent, and the OL and pass rush need significant improvement?
    McBride is a slice of bread in the toaster just waiting for somebody to press the button.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

  6. #496
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Unless you were built like the Seahawks..

    I was thinking of the Seahawks as well, but we need to draft better at rd 3-7. This D is 2-3 players away from being great.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

  7. #497
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    McBride is a slice of bread in the toaster just waiting for somebody to press the button.
    Mmmmm... toast

  8. #498
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    McBride is a slice of bread in the toaster just waiting for somebody to press the button.
    Unlike Webster, who was a slice of bread in a toaster that had a jammed button.

  9. #499
    burnt toast..

  10. #500
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    How much would you offer him? Keep in mind the market for WRs was set by last years deals and you have to look at the corresponding production that those WRs had.

    If you think Nicks will regain his form, as I do, then you want him resigned, I don't care what his problem was in 2013. If you think he will never be that guy again he was in 2011 then you want us to go in another direction? All the personal attacks on his character seem misplaced- not saying you made any.

    Sidenote: I don't think we ever had serious intentions of resigning Nicks. Once we gave Cruz that deal we said goodbye to Nicks. Let's say Nicks performed well this past year. Do you think we would give him a Wallace like deal? No way. Who spends $20/million year on 2 WRs? Is that a formula for success?

    This is a normal opinion, and a perfectly valid one. But it is all based on your own opinion that Nicks will return to previous form.


    The problem is the post I responded to stated numberous things you specifically stated were "absolute facts" which were not at all. As this post shows your point is based on opinion.

    The facts are this:

    Nicks play last year was very poor. His play the previous year wasn't very good either. He claims he was healthy last year yet he was unable to get open even though he faced single coverage most of the year.

    My opinion is this:
    He likely isn't as bad as he was last year and he also likely will never be as good as he was in 2011.He is prolly somewhere in between. He does seem to have slowed down. He will not get Mike Wallace type money, not even close.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts