+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 85 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 844
  1. #581
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Cruz' Basement, Hiding
    Posts
    30,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I wasn't asking you Rudy. I have my reasons.
    I know you weren't asking me.
    I was just pointing out something.

  2. #582
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    If you knew you were getting 2011 Hakeem Nicks...what would you pay?
    Of course. Would pay market value.

    But in my opinion, the probability of getting the 2011 Nicks ever again is less than 20%. Lower leg injuries have sapped him of his explosiveness. I don't buy the motivation argument.
    Last edited by moosedrool; 02-16-2014 at 10:01 PM.

  3. #583
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    Of course. Would pay market value.

    But in my opinion, the probability of getting the 2011 Nicks ever again is less than 20%. Lower leg injuries have sapped him of his explosiveness. I don't buy the motivation argument.
    there is truth here. If his injuries have permanently affected his ability to dominate a game physically his best best or only shot at a big contract would be to sell that his lack of performance was due to being disatisfied with the Giants.

    I can see an agent saying ill get you on somewhere if you just dont get hurt, play all season and appear to be dogging it because you feel they should have given you your payday already.

  4. #584
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    "If."
    And there you have it . . . . you have captured the Nicks dilemna with one word

  5. #585
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,155
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    Of course. Would pay market value.

    But in my opinion, the probability of getting the 2011 Nicks ever again is less than 20%. Lower leg injuries have sapped him of his explosiveness. I don't buy the motivation argument.
    In a normal season, where the O line is protecting and the QB isn't having his owrst season since a rookie, Hakeem Nicks is easily a 1000+ yard WR with plenty of TD's.
    It was a terrible season for the offense, Nicks included, but everybody dragged everybody else down.
    Is he the Nicks of 2011? Obviously not. But he's 26. No reason to think he doesn't have plenty of football left.

    I'm sure NE or whoever will give him a contract that is appropriate for someone who is injury prone, but able to be hyper productive as well. AND someone who plays hurt.
    It seems that's money pretty equal to Danny Amendola or better.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  6. #586
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    In a normal season, where the O line is protecting and the QB isn't having his owrst season since a rookie, Hakeem Nicks is easily a 1000+ yard WR with plenty of TD's.
    It was a terrible season for the offense, Nicks included, but everybody dragged everybody else down.
    Is he the Nicks of 2011? Obviously not. But he's 26. No reason to think he doesn't have plenty of football left.

    I'm sure NE or whoever will give him a contract that is appropriate for someone who is injury prone, but able to be hyper productive as well. AND someone who plays hurt.
    It seems that's money pretty equal to Danny Amendola or better.
    Would a better OL improve Nicks stats? Of course. But he wasn't even close to the same player physically. I saw it. Many other people here saw it. As much as I want the old Nicks back, you can't risk limited salary cap money when the OL is a THE GLARING NEED, and HOPE Nicks returns to form.

  7. #587
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,851
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    Would a better OL improve Nicks stats? Of course. But he wasn't even close to the same player physically. I saw it. Many other people here saw it. As much as I want the old Nicks back, you can't risk limited salary cap money when the OL is a THE GLARING NEED, and HOPE Nicks returns to form.
    If he's not the same player then he won't produce next year. If the injuries have, as you say, sapped him of his ability then he won't be an impact player any longer.

    We'll see next year. I think he has a lot of football left in him.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

  8. #588
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,155
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    Would a better OL improve Nicks stats? Of course. But he wasn't even close to the same player physically. I saw it. Many other people here saw it. As much as I want the old Nicks back, you can't risk limited salary cap money when the OL is a THE GLARING NEED, and HOPE Nicks returns to form.
    He wasn't. But I think the injuries played a part.
    But Nicks is the kind of guy who can be productive without being 100% healthy. His game is about catching the ball in a crowd (or at least while covered).
    The burst wasn't there in 2013 though. For his sake, I hope he can get his health back and be what he was. Unfortunately, he'll probably be with someone else if and when that happens.

    But as you have said and I obviously agree....It has nothing to do with effort.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  9. #589
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    If you knew you were getting 2011 Hakeem Nicks...what would you pay?
    5 years 40 million. its all about guaranteed money , I have no problem paying Nicks 6 or 7 million next season as long as i can cut him if he doesnt produce in 2014-15

  10. #590
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    This $3 million/ year stuff is absurd.
    Seriously if he only gets 3 million he will end up having a 1000 yard season in SF or Seattle while we watch them play in another Super Bowl

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts