+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 844

Thread: Nicks.. Gut feeling

  1. #661
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    30,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Definitely past my bedtime.
    I think RF went to bed at 9:00.
    Lmao, more like 6:30 PM.

    MUCH better.

  2. #662
    This is all speculation
    Im sure the Giants do not want to lose Nicks and will make an honest effort to keep him.

  3. #663
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Lmao, more like 6:30 PM.
    ....With visions of Victor Cruz dancing in his head......
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  4. #664
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    This is all speculation
    Im sure the Giants do not want to lose Nicks and will make an honest effort to keep him.
    The organization's actions in 2013 would point otherwise.

  5. #665
    Veteran Krusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cork, Ireland
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm sure you're right. I'm sure he was sending a message. But this is America. Anyone is allowed to seek outside medical advice. I doubt there is a rule about it. What a player does on his own time is his business.
    So TC was "upset". Well too damned bad. The team mishandled his injury in 2012. Nicks has every right to get the best advice as he sees fit.
    The teams don't "own" the players.
    And don't kid yourself DC....Coughlin was angry about Nicks not showing up for OTA's. To punish him for that, which TC was really doing, is a direct violation of the CBA.
    But CBA's don't apply to Tom Coughlin in his little world. I'm sorry but the whole thing stinks.
    Yes it does stink. Nicks stunk all season long with his attitude.

    Of course Coughlin was upset that Nicks didn't show up for OTAs when he said he would. Nicks also lied to media about telling Coughlin he would not be there.

    http://boards.giants.com/showthread....-OTA-s-Whaaaat

    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...ants_OTAs.html

    Be a man if you give your word and don't try to make your HC look bad.

    Dallas week is fishy and we will never know what really happened. Seems like we can have Pro Nicks or Anti Nicks side to events

    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...or_drivel.html

    Let’s look at the facts:

    • Nicks played 60 of 67 snaps in the Giants’ win over the Packers in Week 11. He pulled himself out for a snap in the second quarter and had a mini-sideline tirade. Eli Manning threw an interception on the play.

    The Giants players were in the facility the following Monday for a mandatory team lift. Coach Tom Coughlin spoke to the media in the afternoon and made no mention of any injury to Nicks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    Tuesday is a day off.
    When the Giants returned to work on Wednesday, Coughlin did not mention Nicks among the pre-practice injuries. Nicks was later seen riding the stationary bike at practice. He did not participate in the team workout with what was labeled a groin injury.

    • The following day, Nicks was limited at practice and the Giants’ coach did not know when or how Nicks suffered the injury. “I don’t know when it occurred,” Coughlin said. “As far as I know, it came up and he reported in on Wednesday with something.”

    Nicks said on Thursday that his agent suggested he get the injury examined. The Giants wide receiver said it’s been bothering him most of the season.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    Kinda goes against Nicks saying he was 100% healthy this year
    Nicks was listed as a limited participant in practice on Thursday and Friday. He sure sounded like a man who intended to play several days later in the Giants’ biggest game of the season against the rival Cowboys. “C’mon man, it’s Dallas,” Nicks said on Thursday. He was listed as questionable on the team’s official injury report for the game.

    • Word leaked Sunday afternoon there was a “very real” possibility Nicks might not play, a source told NJ.com. Nicks was eventually inactive for the crucial matchup, and did not test the injury during pregame warmups as expected, according to Coughlin. After the game, the Giants said Nicks did not play because he was unable to practice much at all during the week.

    Coughlin said Monday it was a simple abdominal injury. Nicks didn't play because he couldn't run at full speed

    [quote=Krusty]That is different explanation than not being able to practice[/quote}

    Nicks reported with 3 new injuries during week of biggest game of year. Groin, Ab and Sports Hernia

    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...s_cowboys.html

    Nicks had Monday or Tuesday after Green Bay game to report injuries yet he waited until Wednesday to do it? why?

    We will never know what went on behind closed doors but if TC can defend his team in 09 and generally goes to bat for his players, i would think that the conduct of a player must be terrible for TC to change his normal way of operating

  6. #666
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    544
    [QUOTE=Krusty;1078176]Yes it does stink. Nicks stunk all season long with his attitude.

    Of course Coughlin was upset that Nicks didn't show up for OTAs when he said he would. Nicks also lied to media about telling Coughlin he would not be there.

    http://boards.giants.com/showthread....-OTA-s-Whaaaat

    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...ants_OTAs.html

    Be a man if you give your word and don't try to make your HC look bad.

    Dallas week is fishy and we will never know what really happened. Seems like we can have Pro Nicks or Anti Nicks side to events

    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...or_drivel.html

    Let’s look at the facts:

    • Nicks played 60 of 67 snaps in the Giants’ win over the Packers in Week 11. He pulled himself out for a snap in the second quarter and had a mini-sideline tirade. Eli Manning threw an interception on the play.

    The Giants players were in the facility the following Monday for a mandatory team lift. Coach Tom Coughlin spoke to the media in the afternoon and made no mention of any injury to Nicks.



    When the Giants returned to work on Wednesday, Coughlin did not mention Nicks among the pre-practice injuries. Nicks was later seen riding the stationary bike at practice. He did not participate in the team workout with what was labeled a groin injury.

    • The following day, Nicks was limited at practice and the Giants’ coach did not know when or how Nicks suffered the injury. “I don’t know when it occurred,” Coughlin said. “As far as I know, it came up and he reported in on Wednesday with something.”

    Nicks said on Thursday that his agent suggested he get the injury examined. The Giants wide receiver said it’s been bothering him most of the season.



    Nicks was listed as a limited participant in practice on Thursday and Friday. He sure sounded like a man who intended to play several days later in the Giants’ biggest game of the season against the rival Cowboys. “C’mon man, it’s Dallas,” Nicks said on Thursday. He was listed as questionable on the team’s official injury report for the game.

    • Word leaked Sunday afternoon there was a “very real” possibility Nicks might not play, a source told NJ.com. Nicks was eventually inactive for the crucial matchup, and did not test the injury during pregame warmups as expected, according to Coughlin. After the game, the Giants said Nicks did not play because he was unable to practice much at all during the week.

    Coughlin said Monday it was a simple abdominal injury. Nicks didn't play because he couldn't run at full speed

    Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    That is different explanation than not being able to practice[/quote}

    Nicks reported with 3 new injuries during week of biggest game of year. Groin, Ab and Sports Hernia

    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...s_cowboys.html

    Nicks had Monday or Tuesday after Green Bay game to report injuries yet he waited until Wednesday to do it? why?

    We will never know what went on behind closed doors but if TC can defend his team in 09 and generally goes to bat for his players, i would think that the conduct of a player must be terrible for TC to change his normal way of operating
    However so many on this board want to claim they know that Hakeem Nicks quit on the team when he has shown nothing to indicate that he has.

    TC has a history of pettiness and it was put on full display in the Nicks situation in 2013.

  7. #667
    TC has a history of pettiness??? Proof?

  8. #668
    All-Pro Delicreep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    5,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm sure you're right. I'm sure he was sending a message. But this is America. Anyone is allowed to seek outside medical advice. I doubt there is a rule about it. What a player does on his own time is his business.
    So TC was "upset". Well too damned bad. The team mishandled his injury in 2012. Nicks has every right to get the best advice as he sees fit.
    The teams don't "own" the players.
    And don't kid yourself DC....Coughlin was angry about Nicks not showing up for OTA's. To punish him for that, which TC was really doing, is a direct violation of the CBA.
    But CBA's don't apply to Tom Coughlin in his little world. I'm sorry but the whole thing stinks.
    I absolutely don't think Nicks was out of line, but every now and then the right choice still has negative consequences.

    But let me play devils advocate...could Nicks have blunted the effect by telling the FO ahead of time that he was going to seek a 2nd opinion? Did he?
    Did they say don't do it?
    I have no idea about any of that; no one does.

    I will say TC strikes me as the kind of guy who want you to tell him you are about to take a ****, rather than hearing the toilet flush*
    And the event with the OTA's fits right in with that.
    Do I think he was sat for what TC determined was a pattern of behavior that was outside the team? I believe it is that exactly. And to be clear, Nicks actions were not exactly crimes against humanity.

    I am just saying it is what it is: I don't blame TC for being TC and I don't blame Nicks for being Nicks. It happens; bad fit (or at least it became one).









    * I have already applied for the trademark on that, so don't use it without permission
    This space for rent

  9. #669
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    I absolutely don't think Nicks was out of line, but every now and then the right choice still has negative consequences.

    But let me play devils advocate...could Nicks have blunted the effect by telling the FO ahead of time that he was going to seek a 2nd opinion? Did he?
    Did they say don't do it?
    I have no idea about any of that; no one does.

    I will say TC strikes me as the kind of guy who want you to tell him you are about to take a ****, rather than hearing the toilet flush*
    And the event with the OTA's fits right in with that.
    Do I think he was sat for what TC determined was a pattern of behavior that was outside the team? I believe it is that exactly. And to be clear, Nicks actions were not exactly crimes against humanity.

    I am just saying it is what it is: I don't blame TC for being TC and I don't blame Nicks for being Nicks. It happens; bad fit (or at least it became one).









    * I have already applied for the trademark on that, so don't use it without permission
    These are good points but we all do get to decide how we behave. TC made a choice in my view to be petty and small. And the result really was the villainization of Hakeem Nicks.
    As I said...the whole thing stinks to high heaven. And I hold the HC of the football team who is charged with understanding the big picture more accountable than anyone else.
    That's MY opinion.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  10. #670
    All-Pro Delicreep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    5,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    These are good points but we all do get to decide how we behave. TC made a choice in my view to be petty and small. And the result really was the villainization of Hakeem Nicks.
    As I said...the whole thing stinks to high heaven. And I hold the HC of the football team who is charged with understanding the big picture more accountable than anyone else.
    That's MY opinion.
    As to the villianization, of Nicks, I don't get it personally.

    I would suggest that TC's actions were 100% big picture; the issue is a lack of making an exception for Nicks.
    This space for rent

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts