+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicks.. Gut feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    ....With visions of Victor Cruz dancing in his head......
    Best vision in the world.

[QUOTE=Kuurus;1078179]
    Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    Yes it does stink. Nicks stunk all season long with his attitude.

Of course Coughlin was upset that Nicks didn't show up for OTAs when he said he would. Nicks also lied to media about telling Coughlin he would not be there.

http://boards.giants.com/showthread....-OTA-s-Whaaaat

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...ants_OTAs.html

Be a man if you give your word and don't try to make your HC look bad.

Dallas week is fishy and we will never know what really happened. Seems like we can have Pro Nicks or Anti Nicks side to events

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...or_drivel.html

Let’s look at the facts:

• Nicks played 60 of 67 snaps in the Giants’ win over the Packers in Week 11. He pulled himself out for a snap in the second quarter and had a mini-sideline tirade. Eli Manning threw an interception on the play.

The Giants players were in the facility the following Monday for a mandatory team lift. Coach Tom Coughlin spoke to the media in the afternoon and made no mention of any injury to Nicks.

When the Giants returned to work on Wednesday, Coughlin did not mention Nicks among the pre-practice injuries. Nicks was later seen riding the stationary bike at practice. He did not participate in the team workout with what was labeled a groin injury.

• The following day, Nicks was limited at practice and the Giants’ coach did not know when or how Nicks suffered the injury. “I don’t know when it occurred,” Coughlin said. “As far as I know, it came up and he reported in on Wednesday with something.”

Nicks said on Thursday that his agent suggested he get the injury examined. The Giants wide receiver said it’s been bothering him most of the season.

Nicks was listed as a limited participant in practice on Thursday and Friday. He sure sounded like a man who intended to play several days later in the Giants’ biggest game of the season against the rival Cowboys. “C’mon man, it’s Dallas,” Nicks said on Thursday. He was listed as questionable on the team’s official injury report for the game.

• Word leaked Sunday afternoon there was a “very real” possibility Nicks might not play, a source told NJ.com. Nicks was eventually inactive for the crucial matchup, and did not test the injury during pregame warmups as expected, according to Coughlin. After the game, the Giants said Nicks did not play because he was unable to practice much at all during the week.

Coughlin said Monday it was a simple abdominal injury. Nicks didn't play because he couldn't run at full speed

However so many on this board want to claim they know that Hakeem Nicks quit on the team when he has shown nothing to indicate that he has.

TC has a history of pettiness and it was put on full display in the Nicks situation in 2013.
    I could be wrong but I thought Nicks was declared inactive before the pregame warmups.
    Engage brain before speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERBOWL/BOUND/GIANTS View Post
    where is all this information about TC not liking Nicks and not wanting him back?
    well...well..weelll he benched him once. and and he fined him for being late to meetings!!!!!!!!! / red

Quote Originally Posted by Kuurus View Post
    You're right. It is obvious with the way that TC carried on and embarrassed himself in the media in regard to Nicks that he doesn't want him here. Hakeem has publicly handled the entire situation with poise and class.

It is unfortunate because TCs selfish pettiness is going to cause us to lose perhaps the greatest receiver in history of NY Giants to another team. I am sure that Cam Newton, Tom Brady or any other NFL QB will be ecstatic next season when they have Hakeem on their team. He is going to rebound strong and hopefully he doesn't come back to haunt us.
    You think the reason Nicks wont be back is TC?

You don't think it has anything to do with the high probability that some other team offers him waaay more than the Gints are able to offer?
    This space for rent

Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    You think the reason Nicks wont be back is TC?

You don't think it has anything to do with the high probability that some other team offers him waaay more than the Gints are able to offer?
    In answer to your first question yes. In answer to your second question we need to see what the numbers are.

Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    In answer to your first question yes. In answer to your second question we need to see what the numbers are.
    So tell me what you think the offer should be on a 4 year deal.

I believe 2 things: 1) whatever realistic number you hit will be surpassed by another team, and 2) the Giants knew this when the signed Cruz.
    This space for rent

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERBOWL/BOUND/GIANTS View Post
    where is all this information about TC not liking Nicks and not wanting him back?
    Their imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuurus View Post
    You're right. It is obvious with the way that TC carried on and embarrassed himself in the media in regard to Nicks that he doesn't want him here. Hakeem has publicly handled the entire situation with poise and class.

It is unfortunate because TCs selfish pettiness is going to cause us to lose perhaps the greatest receiver in history of NY Giants to another team. I am sure that Cam Newton, Tom Brady or any other NFL QB will be ecstatic next season when they have Hakeem on their team. He is going to rebound strong and hopefully he doesn't come back to haunt us.
    Poise and class? Wasn't Nicks the one who didn't show up at OTAs, publicly lied about telling TC that he wasn't coming and then had to admit that he did promise TC he was coming to OTAs.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    Poise and class? Wasn't Nicks the one who didn't show up at OTAs, publicly lied about telling TC that he wasn't coming and then had to admit that he did promise TC he was coming to OTAs.
    Poise and Class

Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    So tell me what you think the offer should be on a 4 year deal.

I believe 2 things: 1) whatever realistic number you hit will be surpassed by another team, and 2) the Giants knew this when the signed Cruz.
    I don't buy that they knew this when they signed Cruz. If that were the case they would have traded him this year. Yesterday I said he would get at least 6 mil a year.

+ Reply to Thread