+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 85 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
    Just because I hate seeing people get Victor's contract info wrong, here are the numbers:

1st round tender 1 yr 2.879 mil
    contract extension 5 yr 45.879 mil

14 mil is guaranteed which is the base salary of fist first two years of the contract plus his signing bonus (630k base 1st yr, 4 mil 2nd yr, 9.5 mil signing bonus)

The average salary is the tender year + the contract extension, so 8.1 mil

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/victor-cruz/

But for you crazy people who think Cruz is not worth it, the contract is very cuttable after 2014, especially after 2015, if you look at the dead money.

Cruz's production dropped due to the offense as a whole being awful and not having another guy draw away coverage, which caused cruz to consistently draw the double teams himself, a fact that Gilbride attested to in a radio interview after his retirement).

Truth is with McAdoo the offense is very likely to rely a lot less on that dominant x-receiver, and will likely utilize multiple inside receivers, so we should all fully expect cruz's numbers to improve. He is arguably the best slot receiver in the game stop complaining about his contract which is perfectly good for both Cruz and the Giants, great players make a lot of money get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    No, the knee injury was the surgery in the off season from the year prior
    The abdominal injury was like any nagging injury nothing that kept him from the game, the giants later said he misses the fame due to the fact that he didn't practice that much that week. Which stunned me because TC let plax play without practicing all week and Brashawa with 1practice day, but that's a different argument.

When you say " I don't believe..." that makes this a subjective standpoint which I refuse to debate, what I am arguing is objective fact nicks said he was healthy, that's what I am going with, who knows better than the player. Whether that was a ploy to look attractive for FA once again subjective we don't know.

I understand your point you don't want to break the bank nor use the franchise tag. I get it. I am merely saying we have no clue yet what the price tag for retainablity is, the public opinion on nicks is inaccurate and I think spewed by specific media slander. To say he has been in decline since 2012 is wrong too.

He was in fact injured in that week 2 game at Tampa in which he tuned them up for 199 yds.
    Missed what 6 games that season? Subjectively he was on pace for 1k
    He improved his yards and avf from 2012-2013. His TD's is what i think is the main gripe with fans, but what I am saying is if you ALl-22 the season you will see that nicks had opportunities to torch defenders for TD's and the ball was either over thrown, under thrown or he didnt get targeted.

To say someone is declining, states all his production and stats are gradually going down each year. Not the case, only his TD's went down in a offensive that was ranked 28 vs one that was ranked 14th.
    Mara came out and said he was injured, so...somebody is not telling the truth here.
    I don't know what he's asking for. All I'm saying is the franchise tag is too much, and anything over 5 million is too much.
    Again, I don't care about how many yards he had. Nicks has not been performing the way he used to dominate circa 2009-2011. If you believe he is, well, that's insane to me.
    And 900 yards for a supposed number one is not impressive, neither is 3 TD's. Whether he was suffering an injury or not, that is unacceptable and does not garner top money.
    I thought we had something special!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Mara came out and said he was injured, so...somebody is not telling the truth here.
    I don't know what he's asking for. All I'm saying is the franchise tag is too much, and anything over 5 million is too much.
    Again, I don't care about how many yards he had. Nicks has not been performing the way he used to dominate circa 2009-2011. If you believe he is, well, that's insane to me.
    And 900 yards for a supposed number one is not impressive, neither is 3 TD's. Whether he was suffering an injury or not, that is unacceptable and does not garner top money.
    +1
    I want to see Eli in a new system before I throw in the towel in him. He is smart and will adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by ObsessedNYGFan View Post
    Just because I hate seeing people get Victor's contract info wrong, here are the numbers:

14 mil is guaranteed which is the base salary of fist first two years of the contract plus his signing bonus (630k base 1st yr, 4 mil 2nd yr, 9.5 mil signing bonus)

But for you crazy people who think Cruz is not worth it, the contract is very cuttable after 2014, especially after 2015, if you look at the dead money.

Cruz's production dropped due to the offense as a whole being awful and not having another guy draw away coverage, which caused cruz to consistently draw the double teams himself, a fact that Gilbride attested to in a radio interview after his retirement).

Truth is with McAdoo the offense is very likely to rely a lot less on that dominant x-receiver, and will likely utilize multiple inside receivers, so we should all fully expect cruz's numbers to improve. He is arguably the best slot receiver in the game stop complaining about his contract which is perfectly good for both Cruz and the Giants, great players make a lot of money get over it.
    Well said.

Banned

[url]http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/victor-cruz/[/url,

The problem is that Cruz is not a great player. He had one great season in 2011, an okay one in 2012 and a bad one in 2013. He has also displayed his fear in being hit and rightfully earned the reputation as a receiver that will short arm passes thrown his way. Defenders throughout the league also know that he is weak and that if they focus on ripping the ball out of Victors hands that he more likely than the average receiver to give it up.

KG comments are meaningless. He is just going to tow the line and state whatever TC tells him to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuurus View Post
    The problem is that Cruz is not a great player. He had one great season in 2011, an okay one in 2012 and a bad one in 2013. He has also displayed his fear in being hit and rightfully earned the reputation as a receiver that will short arm passes thrown his way. Defenders throughout the league also know that he is weak and that if they focus on ripping the ball out of Victors hands that he more likely than the average receiver to give it up.

KG comments are meaningless. He is just going to tow the line and state whatever TC tells him to.
    Hate much? Nicks cultists are a trip.

Great points. Too bad they will fall on deaf ears of the Nicks cultists.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuurus View Post

So in 2012 Cruz's 86 catches for 1,100 yards and 10TDs is just an "okay" season! Yeah, Cruz looked really scared in the Seattle game going up in the middle of two defenders on the play he got hurt right?

Nicks has been brutal for mostly two years now. He is a league average receiver now that his body has let him down. Let someone overpay for that. We already paid the better WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Hate much? Nicks cultists are a trip.
    They always regurgitate the same lines and refuse to reevaluate their opinions. Although it is likely some are just trolling.

It also bothers me that very many of the reasonable posters are absolutely convinced that Nicks was injured last year despite both Nicks himself and TC saying that he was "healthy" (Nicks), and that his poor year "wasn't about injury" (TC). We have a PFF guy who's job it is to evaluate players' performances specifically state that he saw Nicks jog on a number of routes. Putting aside that many of us saw that Nicks wasn't fighting for balls the way he used to, which is a matter that could be debated, I don't see how whether a receiver was jogging a route or not is a matter of debate. Anyone can tell if they see someone jogging that they are not giving full effort on the route. So the PFF guy (don't remember his name) must be lying. You know your argument is very flimsy when you have to start accusing multiple professionals of lying (PFF guy, TC, Nicks himself, etc.) to support your argment.
    Last edited by ObsessedNYGFan; 02-19-2014 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Forgot to quote

Cruz is actually a very good player and deserves the contract he got.
    Its also true that he needs a solid #1 WR to maximize his productivity.
    My fear is that we won't have that this season.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi