+ Reply to Thread

Respect from Cowboys fan today

A customer of mine today was sporting his Dallas sweatshirt and we got to talking about Dallas and J.J. He even admitted that Jerry Jones is nothing more than a White-trash-ego-maniacal-Arkansas-redneck with a fistful of cash. The days of Owner/GM/Operations manager whatever are over. Even HE hates him for that. The last playoff win Dallas has had was with Parcells I think. 15 or 16 years with like 5 or 6 different coaches and ONE playoff win...Hmmm. Maybe J.J. cant do math. At any rate I said I was a Giants fan and he says "man, they look scary good right now." "That defense should worry alot of people, they look alot like they did in 07-08" I just agreed. It was refreshing to see a Cowpokes fan giving props to the G-Men. Most cowboys fans I meet here are usually pretty cool. They get loud for a minute but always admit the Giants have their number.
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Re: Respect from Cowboys fan today

[quote user="gfanblue"]A customer of mine today was sporting his Dallas sweatshirt and we got to talking about Dallas and J.J. He even admitted that Jerry Jones is nothing more than a White-trash-ego-maniacal-Arkansas-redneck with a fistful of cash. The days of Owner/GM/Operations manager whatever are over. Even HE hates him for that. The last playoff win Dallas has had was with Parcells I think. 15 or 16 years with like 5 or 6 different coaches and ONE playoff win...Hmmm. Maybe J.J. cant do math. At any rate I said I was a Giants fan and he says "man, they look scary good right now." "That defense should worry alot of people, they look alot like they did in 07-08" I just agreed. It was refreshing to see a Cowpokes fan giving props to the G-Men. Most cowboys fans I meet here are usually pretty cool. They get loud for a minute but always admit the Giants have their number.
    [/quote]

Obviously he wasn't from Texas.

[quote user="gfanblue"]A customer of mine today was sporting his Dallas sweatshirt and we got to talking about Dallas and J.J. He even admitted that Jerry Jones is nothing more than a White-trash-ego-maniacal-Arkansas-redneck with a fistful of cash. The days of Owner/GM/Operations manager whatever are over. Even HE hates him for that. The last playoff win Dallas has had was with Parcells I think. 15 or 16 years with like 5 or 6 different coaches and ONE playoff win...Hmmm. Maybe J.J. cant do math. At any rate I said I was a Giants fan and he says "man, they look scary good right now." "That defense should worry alot of people, they look alot like they did* in 07-08" I just agreed. It was refreshing to see a Cowpokes fan giving props to the G-Men. Most cowboys fans I meet here are usually pretty cool. They get loud for a minute but always admit the Giants have their number.
    [/quote]

Cowboys won a playoff game the year the saints won it all.

I can respect the fact J.J. wants to win but I dout being a GM is his strong suit

The Gigalo with the most below

you cant say their team isnt talented. that is definately not the issue in dallas. Their coaching staff, on the other hand, IS the problem.

Rob Ryan? nuff said

[quote user="Martyr"]

I can respect the fact J.J. wants to win but I dout being a GM is his strong suit

[/quote]Can you respect the way he treated Tom Landry and Gil Brandt?
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]you cant say their team isnt talented. that is definately not the issue in dallas. Their coaching staff, on the other hand, IS the problem.

Rob Ryan? nuff said
    [/quote]

It's obviously not that simple. Their defense eroded even under Wade. The have problems all over including the office, coaches, players & environment. The most telling quote I heard come out of D in a while was in the preseason when one player said how everybody has this sense of entitlement - that even 4th string TE's have radio shows.

[quote user="BigBlue2010"][quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]you cant say their team isnt talented. that is definately not the issue in dallas. Their coaching staff, on the other hand, IS the problem.

Rob Ryan? nuff said
    [/quote]

It's obviously not that simple. Their defense eroded even under Wade. The have problems all over including the office, coaches, players & environment. The most telling quote I heard come out of D in a while was in the preseason when one player said how everybody has this sense of entitlement - that even 4th string TE's have radio shows.
    [/quote]

I highly doubt that arrogance and entitlement would fly under TC. Jason Garrett seems like too much of a push over. A very good OC but not so much as a HC. Wade phillips had the same problem. But, the idea that the Garrett and Phillips are not in control of their team because JJ is behind them pulling the strings does make sense. Are the players looking at the HC as their disciplinarian or Jerry Jones? That can bring upon major problems and makes sense as to why head coach after head coach continue to fail in Dallas.

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="gfanblue"]A customer of mine today was sporting his Dallas sweatshirt and we got to talking about Dallas and J.J. He even admitted that Jerry Jones is nothing more than a White-trash-ego-maniacal-Arkansas-redneck with a fistful of cash. The days of Owner/GM/Operations manager whatever are over. Even HE hates him for that. The last playoff win Dallas has had was with Parcells I think. 15 or 16 years with like 5 or 6 different coaches and ONE playoff win...Hmmm. Maybe J.J. cant do math. At any rate I said I was a Giants fan and he says "man, they look scary good right now." "That defense should worry alot of people, they look alot like they did in 07-08" I just agreed. It was refreshing to see a Cowpokes fan giving props to the G-Men. Most cowboys fans I meet here are usually pretty cool. They get loud for a minute but always admit the Giants have their number.
    [/quote]

Cowboys won a playoff game the year the saints won it all.[/quote]

Yup. Beat the Iggles.

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="Martyr"]

[/quote]Can you respect the way he treated Tom Landry and Gil Brandt?[/quote]

before my time

The Gigalo with the most below