Boy did Vegas misjudge the spread

Re: Spread already down to 7.5

[quote user="ajd121"]Boy did Vegas misjudge the spread
    [/quote]yep and thats why it went down.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

[quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="ajd121"]Boy did Vegas misjudge the spread
    [/quote]yep and thats why it went down.[/quote]
    it went down cause every1 is putting money on the gmen..i could care less if the pack was favored by 50 i like being the underdog

It was originally 9. It might go down to 5. I wouldn't bet on this game to save my life.
    Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

[quote user="B&RWarrior"]It was originally 9. It might go down to 5. I wouldn't bet on this game to save my life.[/quote]
    I was thinking 5 as well, but I bet it closes at 6.5. Even though we're playing better, the Pack are the 15-1 defending champs, with the likely MVP QB, who score a boatload of points and are playing at home.

9 was crazy. This isn't the Falcons they're playing. The Giants have, in theory at least, the type of D that can do damage to their O. The Falcs never could have matched that.

I don't think it gets down to 5. Take out 3 pts that any home team gets and then give Green Bay another 3.5 pts just b/c they've beat the Giants and are considered the best team in the NFC or even the NFL. I think 6.5 or 7 is fair.

I also wonder if geography plays a part here. I would guess that more money from NY, CT & NJ is coming in vs. money from the Midwest just do to the east coast being more densely populated.

[quote user="RugDaniels"]I don't think it gets down to 5. Take out 3 pts that any home team gets and then give Green Bay another 3.5 pts just b/c they've beat the Giants and are considered the best team in the NFC or even the NFL. I think 6.5 or 7 is fair.

I also wonder if geography plays a part here. I would guess that more money from NY, CT & NJ is coming in vs. money from the Midwest just do to the east coast being more densely populated.[/quote]

you think a lot of giants fans are betting on this game? i think giants fans know better than anyone that they are inconsistent and a scary bet.

Not necessarily Giants fans betting but at 9 id take that all day it will be interesting to see where it ends up. On a side note I laid 20 bucks on the giants to win it all this year back in July. I was getting 15-1 so I figured why the heck not. Let's go Big Blue I need a bottle of Blue Label!!!!!

Still 9 at bodog (bovada now) for anyone who bets.

is ross playing?