+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Giants Draft

My Giants Draft

What a run we are having!!!! Anyways, it's always fun to do a mock draft so here is my shot at one. I have us getting an extra 4th for Cofield and a seventh for Boss:

1.) Dont'a Hightower - ILB - Alabama - An absolute beast at MLB for the future. I know a lot of experts say he is a 3-4 prospect but from what I have seen, he would fit in any system. I love Goff but Hightower is an upgrade every way.

2.) Zebrie Sanders - OT - Florida State - Sanders could be our starting RT from day 1 and also has the versatility to play LT if needed. Either way, he fits a need.

3.) Michael Egnew - TE - Missouri - Egnew's numbers dropped this year but he is a very good receiving TE. Not a great in-line blocker but hopefully we can develop him in that aspect. He will give Eli another weapon to play with.

4A.) Coryell Judie - CB - Texas A&M - CB is a need with the possible departures of Ross and Thomas(although I think we will keep 1). Judie was mentioned as a top 2 round guy but had a rough year which will drop him here. He has a lot of potential and could be a starter a few years down the road.

4B.) Juron Criner - WR - Arizona - We grab a guy who I believe will fall due to character concerns and a slower 40 time. But, he is a play maker and I feel we are missing a tall WR that can make plays in the green zone. Barden does not seem to be that guy.

5.) Jake Bequette - DE - Arkansas - A classic motor guy who I am hoping is still available here. He would be a nice rotational guy who I believe will fill the Tollefson role as I feel Tolly will try to grab a starting spot somewhere.

6.) Case Keenum - QB - Houston - At some point, we need to get in and develop a backup for Eli. Keenum would be a good guy for this as he needs some development on the NFL level.

7A.) Moe Petrus - C - UCONN - A developmental center just in case Baas turns out as a bad signing. Petrus is a good technician and could be a starter with some work.

7B.) Bryce Brown - RB - Kansas State - With this extra pick, we are in a position to take a gamble. Brown was once the top RB recruit in the nation but has a questionable work ethic and an attitude. We can try to turn him around and see if we get a gift.

Well, there it is. What do you guys think?

Bench Player

Re: My Giants Draft

Excellent and thorough job of picking all the rounds. The LB I would love to see the Giants get is V.Burflict from Arizona State. He has tremendous athletic ability. If they do not land him, the TE from Clemson is a choice. This year seems to be the year of the QB and TE.

We are very much on the same boat with a few of those picks. Dont'a is my #1. I also like Egnew, Keenum and Brown. I've mentioned Bequette in one of my mocks as well but I'm not COMPLETELY sold him for some reason. He has shown flashes of being great though. I like your mock though cause it addresses all our needs.

I'm not much of a fan of Sanders, BUT, getting him with the last pick of the 2nd round would be a decent catch.

[quote user="critters"]We are very much on the same boat with a few of those picks. Dont'a is my #1. I also like Egnew, Keenum and Brown. I've mentioned Bequette in one of my mocks as well but I'm not COMPLETELY sold him for some reason. He has shown flashes of being great though. I like your mock though cause it addresses all our needs.

I'm not much of a fan of Sanders, BUT, getting him with the last pick of the 2nd round would be a decent catch.
    [/quote]

Thanks, as of today Criner is on the rise so he would not be available at that point. I would be all for Gerell Robinson or Jeff Fuller at that spot though. I think Sanders would be fine at RT for us.

[quote user="tdawg1413"]What a run we are having!!!! Anyways, it's always fun to do a mock draft so here is my shot at one. I have us getting an extra 4th for Cofield and a seventh for Boss:

1.) Dont'a Hightower - ILB - Alabama - An absolute beast at MLB for the future. I know a lot of experts say he is a 3-4 prospect but from what I have seen, he would fit in any system. I love Goff but Hightower is an upgrade every way.

2.) Zebrie Sanders - OT - Florida State - Sanders could be our starting RT from day 1 and also has the versatility to play LT if needed. Either way, he fits a need.

3.) Michael Egnew - TE - Missouri - Egnew's numbers dropped this year but he is a very good receiving TE. Not a great in-line blocker but hopefully we can develop him in that aspect. He will give Eli another weapon to play with.

4A.) Coryell Judie - CB - Texas A&M - CB is a need with the possible departures of Ross and Thomas(although I think we will keep 1). Judie was mentioned as a top 2 round guy but had a rough year which will drop him here. He has a lot of potential and could be a starter a few years down the road.

4B.) Juron Criner - WR - Arizona - We grab a guy who I believe will fall due to character concerns and a slower 40 time. But, he is a play maker and I feel we are missing a tall WR that can make plays in the green zone. Barden does not seem to be that guy.

5.) Jake Bequette - DE - Arkansas - A classic motor guy who I am hoping is still available here. He would be a nice rotational guy who I believe will fill the Tollefson role as I feel Tolly will try to grab a starting spot somewhere.

6.) Case Keenum - QB - Houston - At some point, we need to get in and develop a backup for Eli. Keenum would be a good guy for this as he needs some development on the NFL level.

7A.) Moe Petrus - C - UCONN - A developmental center just in case Baas turns out as a bad signing. Petrus is a good technician and could be a starter with some work.

7B.) Bryce Brown - RB - Kansas State - With this extra pick, we are in a position to take a gamble. Brown was once the top RB recruit in the nation but has a questionable work ethic and an attitude. We can try to turn him around and see if we get a gift.

Well, there it is. What do you guys think?

[/quote]

I don't think we go LB in the first. The Giants have historically placed less value at LBer under Reese and we're fairly stacked at LBer coming into 2012 with everyone coming back from injury,

I like Zebrie Sanders as the #2 and I think he'll fall to that from his poor Senior Bowl outting.

I wasn't crazy about Judie's size at CB and I think you get more bang for your buck out of a guy like Micah Pellerin in the 5th round.

I totally agree with Jake Bequette and had him mentioned in my mock. Tollefson replacement.

I don't think we trade down (because we don't do that generally speaking) and I don't think we go LB in the first but otherwise solid mock.

I have met you. You dont even look good in a winter coat let alone a wet t-shirt... -GameTime