+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm watching Giants/Pack right now

On the NFL network. I think we match up pretty well against them.

I wont be surprised if surprise everybody on Sunday.

We have the talent.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

Re: I'm watching Giants/Pack right now

I'm still amazed at how badly we got jobbed by the refs in that game. Even Troy and Buck were talking about each missed call. The Jennings Juggling TD that shouldn't have been. The Ballard catch that was called out of bounds. But even pass interference calls that were called on us that weren't even there, but we get mugged in the end zone and nothing is called. Let's hope the pendulum swings our way after the way the ATL and the GB games were called. Also, I knew about DL injuries, but forgot Mario was out too. The only thing i see as a positive that GB can take from this is home field advantage (but we play better on the road) and a couple of injured LBs will be back. Everything else lines up for us.

We are definitely capable of beating the Pack on Sunday. I think most people realize that as well. I guess people will be surprised if we do, but they won't be shocked.

I say we match up significantly better against the Packers than we do the Saints. Truth be told, the Saints are the only team in the post season, NFC or AFC, that I don't like our odds against.

I definitely like the fact that our defense is playing light years better than it was back when we played the Pack. Should be a good game.

[quote user="giantfan1976"]I'm still amazed at how badly we got jobbed by the refs in that game. Even Troy and Buck were talking about each missed call. The Jennings Juggling TD that shouldn't have been. The Ballard catch that was called out of bounds. But even pass interference calls that were called on us that weren't even there, but we get mugged in the end zone and nothing is called. Let's hope the pendulum swings our way after the way the ATL and the GB games were called. Also, I knew about DL injuries, but forgot Mario was out too. The only thing i see as a positive that GB can take from this is home field advantage (but we play better on the road) and a couple of injured LBs will be back. Everything else lines up for us.[/quote]

Man, you said it. These refs have it in for us. They suck.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

tell us how the Dline loooked versus the run & pass
    In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!

[quote user="Drez"]

We are definitely capable of beating the Pack on Sunday. I think most people realize that as well. I guess people will be surprised if we do, but they won't be shocked.

I say we match up significantly better against the Packers than we do the Saints. Truth be told, the Saints are the only team in the post season, NFC or AFC, that I don't like our odds against.

I definitely like the fact that our defense is playing light years better than it was back when we played the Pack. Should be a good game.

[/quote]

I think we will give the Pack all they can handle. If we knock them off, anything is possible.

Get well, get back #80

[quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="giantfan1976"]I'm still amazed at how badly we got jobbed by the refs in that game. Even Troy and Buck were talking about each missed call. The Jennings Juggling TD that shouldn't have been. The Ballard catch that was called out of bounds. But even pass interference calls that were called on us that weren't even there, but we get mugged in the end zone and nothing is called. Let's hope the pendulum swings our way after the way the ATL and the GB games were called. Also, I knew about DL injuries, but forgot Mario was out too. The only thing i see as a positive that GB can take from this is home field advantage (but we play better on the road) and a couple of injured LBs will be back. Everything else lines up for us.[/quote]

Man, you said it. These refs have it in for us. They suck.
    [/quote]

Yeah, that was one of the worst officiated games I can recall. I do believe, however, that the ref would have called PI on that one TD pass had it not been caught for a TD.

Veteran

[quote user="giantfan1976"]I'm still amazed at how badly we got jobbed by the refs in that game. Even Troy and Buck were talking about each missed call. The Jennings Juggling TD that shouldn't have been. The Ballard catch that was called out of bounds. But even pass interference calls that were called on us that weren't even there, but we get mugged in the end zone and nothing is called[/quote]

You know what? I've almost come to accept the scenario that the NY Giants are always going to have a disproportionate amount of bad ref calls go against them as well as lots of injuries.

[quote user="Roosevelt"]On the NFL network.* I think we match up pretty well against them.

I wont be surprised if surprise everybody on Sunday.

We have the talent.
    [/quote]
    They are the better team -- 15-1 defending SB champs, but we definitely have a legit shot at this if we play like we have been with our units playing like they are capable of, and healthy.

Sean Payton's got the Giants zeroed in so well, i hope the 49ers take them out. the Packers can't run the ball, but the Saints can put the ball anywhere on the Giants. its scary.

but the Packers.... eh, they're defense isn't that great, their offensive line is average. as long as they don't get gifts, they're beatable.