+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bench Player

The Refs this Sunday...

Are what I'm most scared about. Especially if the Saints win. The Refs were bad the last time we played them but this time something is actually on the line--

Packers vs. Saints in the NFC Championship would make so much money for ratings. I definitely think they might try to make some calls that favor the Pack. I'm not trying to sound like a homer here but I think we should keep that in mind.

Giants need to play near perfect so we don't let the zebras take this game away from us.

Re: The Refs this Sunday...

The ref's are going to sux,never give up G-men!!! You can win this game,and you will on to Frisco then Indy!!!!

[quote user="gsp3"]Are what I'm most scared about. Especially if the Saints win. The Refs were bad the last time we played them but this time something is actually on the line--

Packers vs. Saints in the NFC Championship would make so much money for ratings. I definitely think they might try to make some calls that favor the Pack. I'm not trying to sound like a homer here but I think we should keep that in mind.

Giants need to play near perfect so we don't let the zebras take this game away from us.[/quote]

I'm sure the refs are huddled at the Hilton in Green Bay devising some game plan for jobbing the Giants...playing cards, smoking stogies and laying out the conspiratorial means by which they'll deny you and the other kiddie posters here the joy of an appearance in the NFC Championship game ... I mean, it's not as though the entire nation will be watching or anything....so they can afford to be REAL obvious about it and no one will EVER notice.

For a guy who's not trying to sound like a "homer" ... you're doing good job of what I'd call preemptive whining.

The last time we played it was Munich '72 revisited!

[quote user="weeds123"][quote user="gsp3"]Are what I'm most scared about. Especially if the Saints win. The Refs were bad the last time we played them but this time something is actually on the line--

Giants need to play near perfect so we don't let the zebras take this game away from us.[/quote]

I'm sure the refs are huddled at the Hilton in Green Bay devising some game plan for jobbing the Giants...playing cards, smoking stogies and laying out the conspiratorial means by which they'll deny you and the other kiddie posters here the joy of an appearance in the NFC Championship game ... I mean, it's not as though the entire nation will be watching or anything....so they can afford to be REAL obvious about it and no one will EVER notice.

For a guy who's not trying to sound like a "homer" ... you're doing good job of what I'd call preemptive whining.
    [/quote]Nah, They already got their instructions from the NFL office. It would be like the first game: if the Packer player does not have possession in the end zone, call it a TD. If the Giants player's knee is down in the end zone, call it out of bounds. If the Packers DB humps Nicks in the end zone do not call it PI. If you bring the RB down, call it unnecessary roughness. We have seen this movie before friend.

WILL SUX,JUST LIKE THEY HAVE ALL PLAYOFFS LONG!!!

I'll be happy with refs who let the players determine the winner, let'em play, make the calls the same way for both teams. I just don't want a ticky tack game by the zebras. Go Giants!!!

Giants will need to overcome the refs. No doubt about it.

Thank YOU finally someone bringing this up. In all the years I watch football That was the one of the worst officiating game I have seen. Green Bay Fans Know deep down that game was in their favor with those multiple calls going green bay's way.

We can say its excuses but reverse it and the packers fans would be screaming the same thing. One word for that game.. ROBBERY!

Bench Player

[quote user="weeds123"][quote user="gsp3"]Are what I'm most scared about. Especially if the Saints win. The Refs were bad the last time we played them but this time something is actually on the line--

[/quote]

Well I take it all back now that the Saints lost. I have no doubt that this will be a well officiated game. I'm sorry, but I do think getting the right championship matchups do happen in order to get more revenue; there are controversies in sports and its stupid not to admit that.

However, I was pretty high when I made this post and I admit it does look kinda stupid. I never whine, I'm very grateful the Giants are a playoff team and not a team like the Bills or Browns. Giants' fans that cry and whine about officiating and losing games DISGUST me. I am just happy I am a fan of a team that gives me competitive games to look forward to every week.

But yes, I admit this is a stupid thread that I made, over a week ago? However, I don't doubt the possibility that if the Saints won today there wouldn't be officiating in favor of the Pack tomorrow. That won't happen though. Lets hope for a good game tomorrow