+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

I think JPP is bringing out the best in his teammates

Nobody is going to replicate JPP's physical skills.....I'm not expecting Rocky Bernard to start doing backflips.

But, I think JPP's crazy motor is pushing his linemates....I just see alot better pursuit from everyone.

Re: I think JPP is bringing out the best in his teammates

i agree.

on another note, deon grant has been an unsung hero in that regard. this guy has been a key leader on defense, and has proven to be a great signing.

all year i've been waiting for guys to step up and fill the roles that pierce and strahan filled during our '07 run. guys like grant, canty, pierre paul, rolle and even tuck have done that. even chase blackburn has made a great impact. i'm just so happy with the way the guys are playing together right now.

[quote user="JMFP2"]

Nobody is going to replicate JPP's physical skills.....I'm not expecting Rocky Bernard to start doing backflips.

But, I think JPP's crazy motor is pushing his linemates....I just see alot better pursuit from everyone.

[/quote]
    +1. Big time agree. Maybe it's got something to do with youthful exuberance as well, but this D needed some new blood in it, and not just a cagey veteran from another team, but a new superstar and that's what they got.

Dude...great post...it does seem that his torrid month has sparked the D!!!!!!!!!!

This tremendous play is rubbing off on the rest of the defense. He is a spark plug to this defense.

[quote user="pjam84"]i agree.

on another note, deon grant has been an unsung hero in that regard. this guy has been a key leader on defense, and has proven to be a great signing.

all year i've been waiting for guys to step up and fill the roles that pierce and strahan filled during our '07 run. guys like grant, canty, pierre paul, rolle and even tuck have done that. even chase blackburn has made a great impact. i'm just so happy with the way the guys are playing together right now.[/quote]

Never thought id say it but Chase Blackburn may have been the best signing this year... The guy is playing with his hair on fire!!!!

[quote user="NYCDBS"][quote user="pjam84"]i agree.

all year i've been waiting for guys to step up and fill the roles that pierce and strahan filled during our '07 run. guys like grant, canty, pierre paul, rolle and even tuck have done that. even chase blackburn has made a great impact. i'm just so happy with the way the guys are playing together right now.[/quote]

Never thought id say it but Chase Blackburn may have been the best signing this year... The guy is playing with his hair on fire!!!![/quote]

Blackburn has been Key.. JPP has been playing all out all season, but Blackburn's return has seemed to light a fire under everyone's ***!!!!

All-Pro

Bringing in Blackburn, the return of Boley and to some extent Osi have been the keys to turning the D around, IMO. Not taking anything from JPP, he is quickly becoming the best DE in the league... but one man can't do it all. With the LB's playing better, it is allowing them to do different things in the secondary, and that has made the biggest impact.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

It's safe to say our entire team has been coming together at the right time and is starting to looks scary. Defense playing well, offense running the ball again, making our passing attack even more potent, and the leadership and energy are at an all time high.

We need to play our best game this season on Sunday.

[quote user="JMFP2"]

[/quote]I agree. That is one of the qualities found in legendary talents. The next decade will be fun to watch.
    No one remembers who came in second.