+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

What makes Donald better than Bromley

From what I've seen which is only highlights, they were both pretty under the radar during the season, Donald got a boost from the senior bowl and they both seem to be gap penetrators, but Bromley had better production against similar competition and he's bigger and stronger than Donald which usually means more durable. Am I missing something

Donald is just a freak athlete. He's not as big but he plays that way and has plethora of didn't pass rush moves. He's quite technical in that manner. Can bull rush you, stack separate or beat you with his hands. His biggest knock is his size but at the very core, he has everything you could want in a 3 tech.

Quote Originally Posted by gurujot View Post
    From what I've seen which is only highlights, they were both pretty under the radar during the season, Donald got a boost from the senior bowl and they both seem to be gap penetrators, but Bromley had better production against similar competition and he's bigger and stronger than Donald which usually means more durable. Am I missing something
    Senior year stats
    Bromley had 13.5 TFL and 9 sacks
    Donald had 28.5 TFL and 11 sacks

I think 28.5 TFL led the nation. He was defensive player of the year. I am fine with what the NYG chose to do, but I don't think you can argue that Bromley had more production...

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...-donald-1.html
    http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...bromley-1.html

No one was quicker shooting through than Donald whereas Bromley seems quicker laterally than fast. He does have a good 40 though so maybe it's something coaching can extract. I just don't think Bromley is the upfield penetrator as the other DTs. His best asset seems to be his quickness. A lot of his best plays has him sitting the lineman down in one gap before going backdoor with a nice swim move.

Another plus, he's got the size and length to play multiple techniques unlike Donald.

I would argue against his strength. I think that needs to improve.
    Last edited by penguinfarmer; 05-14-2014 at 06:42 PM.

Donald is the better pass rusher. That is what made him such an early pick. The guy is just really good and getting in the backfield. The thing that Bromley is better at is that if he doesn't shoot the gap he still has options. He can clog the middle and still make plays. I am very interested to see how Donald does at the pro level because he will need to shoot that gap or he will be out of the play. Gonna be interesting to see him against NFL guards/centers.
    Earth - Wind - Fire 2.0
    Jennings - Wilson - Williams

LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (75) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (28.5) -> ???

The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.

Donald has better get off and his height gives him an added leverage advantage. Donald is also stocky, head to toe, whereas Bromley is heavy on top but skinny in the legs. He will get pushed around until he fills out.

Beat The Eagles!

Who knows when it's all said and done maybe Bromley is the better player when their careers are over.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I think Donald is a pro bowler. I see Bromley as a good rotational DT.

Odellious Beckinghammer the Twice, Go get yours soon.

Thanks for the replies, with everything you guys said ODB and bromley seem better than what we wouldve got with donald and a 3rd round wr

Thanks for the replies, with everything you guys said ODB and bromley seem better than what we wouldve got with donald and a 3rd round wr
    only time will tell but that's what were all hoping for!!!!
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***