+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Oh look, Jakk got unbanned...
    Nailed it

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by STAR View Post
    He may not make it to the Hall, but to say he'll never be of Eli's status? That bar isn't all that high, is it? Surely it's possible Mooks?
    Lol buddy.. the bar is pretty damn high considering Eli already has a good shot at the hall, and owns all the passing records for his team, oh yeah and this isnt really much of a big deal or an INCREDIBLY unlikely goal for Manziel, but Eli owns 2 SB MVPs, Manziel will be lucky to play in the league for 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by NotElite View Post
    I love Eli but this picture is genius.

This board feeds trolls like nobodies business.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeq6722 View Post
    This board feeds trolls like nobodies business.
    Quote Originally Posted by STAR View Post
    Broadway Joe? Ok, that came after he was in the league.
    He certainly lived up to that name with his celebrity status, but his repurtation is much better than he actually was as a player. "Johnny Football" is even more ostentatious a nickname

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DSP View Post
    He certainly lived up to that name with his celebrity status, but his repurtation is much better than he actually was as a player. "Johnny Football" is even more ostentatious a nickname
    Very true on both points!
    But I think once "Johnny Football" becomes Johnny Manziel, the Pro quarterback, I think he really has something special to offer. An exciting talent who at times will have his coach pulling his hair out like Mike Holmgren did. He'll need to work on his pre-snap reads here with the big boys, and learn that the pocket is really his friend. When he does, he'll be fun to watch no matter who you root for.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookskingdom View Post
    Lol buddy.. the bar is pretty damn high considering Eli already has a good shot at the hall, and owns all the passing records for his team, oh yeah and this isnt really much of a big deal or an INCREDIBLY unlikely goal for Manziel, but Eli owns 2 SB MVPs, Manziel will be lucky to play in the league for 5 years
    Mook, I don't view Eli as a Hall prospect at all, I've always viewed Phil as our best quarterback not this guy. Which is why I mentioned the bar to be obtainable for what Manziel can become. I see him as a very solid quarterback once he grows the f@$% up.

I hope he lands in Cleveland, they have a nice team with a good line, not sure what Pettine/Shanahan is going to run there though? Never heard of their QB coach?
    Last edited by STAR; 03-04-2014 at 10:42 AM.

Ok I enjoy watching Johnny Football play as much as anyone but I will say there is a very small chance he is there (Someone will take him early... I am thinking Cleveland) and if he does manage to get there I don't see us even considering picking him. We just picked Nassib who could be the future.. who knows. We aren't going to pick a QB in the 1st.. especially a QB with all of the question marks that Manziel brings to the table.

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Veteran
    Agreed NYG, I don't see Mara signing off on him, I just find him to be a very exciting prospect. There's something to be said for a kid one year removed from high school excelling in the SEC. With all due respect to his offensive line.

Manziel won't translate to the pro game.