+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran

Mayock revised top 5

Post draft - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...2014-nfl-draft
    Pre Draft - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...2014-nfl-draft
    (for comparison)

What does not surprise me about this list… Bishop Sankey is the number one back coming out this draft. I have been touting this kids horn way too much and i urge if you haven't go watch this kids tape, he is the type of Back this organization needs.

What does surprise me is Brandin's jump to number 4 WR on the list. don't get me wrong I like the kid, Red has been plugging him for some time now and I went and watched the tape the kid is explosive, elusive, and a threat from anywhere on the field, he is a poor mans percy harvin.

What upsets me is that Dennard is still ranked higher then Gilbert….even before the draft Gilbert was the more polished overall player between the two. I have been saying this for sometime now, dennard gets too touchy for me at the next level. He is going to give up a costly PI or 2 in games.

Other than that, no surprise A.Donalds jump.

Why Deone Bucannon is 4th on the S list is beyond me? Whats the kid gotta do? He plays both the run and pass very well, makes plays on the ball, is big and physical, but also athletic and fast, and had a great season on the field, and dominated the combine, and yet, still only 4th? At least he moved him up one spot, which is progress.

Where is Charles Sims on his RB list?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Where is Charles Sims on his RB list?
    Don't know bro, but thats a stellar list of RB's. Seastrunk deserves a mention as well he is no slouch, expect Blue to give you **** for it lol

My 2 cents:

Not a fan of AJ McCarron in the top 5
    Why is Tre Mason the #5 RB? I would put him #1.
    Those WRs look deep! I would move Cooks up to #2, Evans #3 and Lee #4 and Odel Beckham #5.
    Center, is Travis Swanson really falling that much? Our gain if we can nab him in round 2.
    Guard, damn my sleeper guard in Watt made it to #4 on his board now....
    DT, couldnt agree more with Donald. Top 10 pick.
    CB I would probably put Verrett in top 3.
    S, Lamarcus Joyner at safety? Interesting. Polumalu style. I like him.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    My 2 cents:

Not a fan of AJ McCarron in the top 5
    Why is Tre Mason the #5 RB? I would put him #1.
    Those WRs look deep! I would move Cooks up to #2, Evans #3 and Lee #4 and Odel Beckham #5.
    Center, is Travis Swanson really falling that much? Our gain if we can nab him in round 2.
    Guard, damn my sleeper guard in Watt made it to #4 on his board now....
    DT, couldnt agree more with Donald. Top 10 pick.
    CB I would probably put Verrett in top 3.
    S, Lamarcus Joyner at safety? Interesting. Polumalu style. I like him.
    Some years I would maybe agree with McCarron not being in the top 5.. but who exactly should be there in his place?

I'm right there with you on Mason. I'm not sure there's a back I'd rather have.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    Some years I would maybe agree with McCarron not being in the top 5.. but who exactly should be there in his place?

I'm right there with you on Mason. I'm not sure there's a back I'd rather have.

Well the good news for us is that there are no 1st round RB's in this draft, a lot of Day 2 guys. Mayock said after Auburns pro day that Tre Mason is a second day guy, he stood on all his numbers and showed he could catch the ball. If anyone one of the guys on mayocks list can be had in the 2nd round or even the 3rd including Seastrunk then this is going to be a successful draft.

Veteran
    If someone does pull on a RB or 2 in the first its going to be a reach and is still good for us.

Veteran
    If garopollo is there in the 3rd round would anybody be upset if the giants take him? If he is there in the 4th round (ala Nassib) I would be pissed if we didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    If garopollo is there in the 3rd round would anybody be upset if the giants take him? If he is there in the 4th round (ala Nassib) I would be pissed if we didn't.
    Unfortuanately, we took a shot at QB last year, so really we have no business even going QB unless somehow magically one of the top QBs slip to us in a later round and we are forced to. Bridgewater, Manziel, Bortles ect. Nassib HAS to be the backup QB next year. We didnt see him play at all during a real game yet.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."