+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran
    Legitimate question. We have JJ on roster, say Evans/Watkins are gone would anyone be opposed to brandin cooks?
    This kid is climbing draft boards at an alarming rate, I still don't have him in the first round, his size is a ding for me especially when you talk about 1st round receivers; not discrediting the kids talent, its bountiful (thanks for the heads up RED) but still Size matters and if Im drafting a receiver in the first all the measurable better stack well.

Mayock is talking as if this kid can go as the third receiver taken in the draft, over Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    Legitimate question. We have JJ on roster, say Evans/Watkins are gone would anyone be opposed to brandin cooks?
    This kid is climbing draft boards at an alarming rate, I still don't have him in the first round, his size is a ding for me especially when you talk about 1st round receivers; not discrediting the kids talent, its bountiful (thanks for the heads up RED) but still Size matters and if Im drafting a receiver in the first all the measurable better stack well.

Mayock is talking as if this kid can go as the third receiver taken in the draft, over Lee.
    Love Brandon Cooks, but we most likely can trade back and get him still. I am thinking he will get picked in the early mid 20s.
    NFL Fantasy Football Lineup:

QB - Michael Vick
    RB - Adrian Peterson
    RB - Ray Rice
    WR- Josh Gordon
    WR- Justin Blackmon
    TE - Aaron Hernandez
    RB/WR- Le'Veon Bell
    K - Matt Prater
    D/ST - 49ers

Owner - Jim Irsay
    GM - ??????

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I dont have an issue with another QB being taken as long as the Giants are prepared for 1 of them to be the back up. If Manning gets hurt for more than a game or 2 I would rather see a young QB play

Another reason is with the new OC I wouldnt mind seeing him choose his guy
    I never understood having guys like Curtis Painter as your backup when you got guys like Ryan Nassib(or any your legit prospect) on ur team. Its not like your gonna win with Curtis Painter anyways, so in that regard, you mines as well give ur kids a look , as its pretty hard to find them playing time as it is. Some coaches are unbelievably stupid sometimes. You get a golden opp to see if you got something on board, and you play Curtis Painter?lol

In my opinion, it'd be incredibly frustrating if anyone other then Ryan Nassib or a QB we draft this yr, isn't the starting QB if Eli goes down.
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 03-07-2014 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I never understood having guys like Curtis Painter as your backup when you got guys like Ryan Nassib(or any your legit prospect) on ur team. Its not like your gonna win with Curtis Painter anyways, so in that regard, you mines as well give ur kids a look , as its pretty hard to find them playing time as it is. Some coaches are unbelievably stupid sometimes. You get a golden opp to see if you got something on board, and you play Curtis Painter?lol

In my opinion, it'd be incredibly frustrating if anyone other then Ryan Nassib or a QB we draft this yr, isn't the starting QB if Eli goes down.
    Obviously, if you have a really solid backup, or a guy who you could see winning, like say a Michael Vick(I hate em 2, hes just a example.lol), then i'd go with them over the young kid, unless the season was all ready decided and you had no chance of making postseason. Then, again i'd go with the young kid. Just wanted to clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post

Painter was apparently good at the film room/clipboard stuff (he was a Peyton understudy, after all), so would've offered greater value to the team on game days than someone who wasn't likely to play.

Still, they could've activated Nassib once the season was mathematically over.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Painter was apparently good at the film room/clipboard stuff (he was a Peyton understudy, after all), so would've offered greater value to the team on game days than someone who wasn't likely to play.

Still, they could've activated Nassib once the season was mathematically over.
    Yeah… but then again the season was a wash and the whole point of this is evaluation of talent. You drafted a QB 4th round, we all knew were weren't going anywhere the logical choice would of been to evaluate your talent in game time to see what you have for the next season.

Veteran
    Ryan shaizer ran a UO 4.37 '40' today probably translates to an official 4.41-4.45. That's damn good for him, especially as an under sizes guy, helps his stock. That puts him as the fastest LB this draft. He said he is fersitile enough for any system at his pro day.

There are talks that he is moving into the first round mid-late.

Carlos Hyde opted not to run the 40. Hamstring still an issue.