+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Round 3 or 4 Andre Williams

Convince me why we should not...

Personally I would rather have Charles Sims in that range. Terrance West is ahead of him on my list as well. Sims is an all around RB who has drawn comparisons to Matt Forte and has some moves like Shady Mccoy. West is a bowling ball. Short and big RB who ran a nice 40 and has Williams like production. Although he is a small school guy I really like him. Williams is solid and wouldn't be mad if we picked him.. I just like those two players more in that range of the draft.

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Williams is likely to only be as good as the offensive line in front of him. Like Ridley and Green-Ellis, he has limited speed and quickness and is not going to break many big plays, but he can run through contact, extend runs between the tackles and fall forward consistently.
    Might not be a good choice behind a rebuilding OL. Otherwise, he is a good middle round pick.

I've seen Andre Williams mocked from late 3rd to the 6th.. I have him my mock below going in the 5th.. Would be a good value

not a great reciever, but I like him as a runner..

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I've seen Andre Williams mocked from late 3rd to the 6th.. I have him my mock below going in the 5th.. Would be a good value

Yeah in the 5th that is really solid value..I think there are better RB's who can be had in the 3rd-4th range

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post

Don't think he will make it to 5th, but if he did, I would be ticked if we passed up on him.

I think being a BC guy helps his chances of getting drafted here also..

I like him but supposedly he literally can't catch

He cannot catch or pass block at all. Rather another RB in the draft.

I like Jerick McKinnon. He was an option qb but in the 5th this guy may have the toughness and speed to that would be worth the risk in the 5th round.