+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

whichever is there.

In the draft I think we go Lewan if he is there,if not I think we go Ebron.For some reason Reese will not pass(should not) on a tackle like Lewan unless hes gone and how can you not take the best TE when we really dont have one.If they wait or dont want a tackle that means Beatty will be starter again and we should go for Ebron anyway.
    "it don't cost you nothing to be nice"

I don't see the Giants taking a guy with any potential red flags in the 1st. It's not their modus operandi. I'd be shocked if Lewan was on their board for the 1st round or even 2nd. You'll see the Giants consider character risks from the 3rd round and down.

If Giants go OT in the 1st (Lewan).. That would give us 3 tackles.. Pugh, Beatty and Lewan.. Who plays inside?

Not to mention is off the field crap

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Who plays inside?
    Pugh by default I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    not a fan of this..

That's a problem in my mind. It would be tough for me to ask the best guy out of the three (at that moment in time, Pugh has proven to be the best OT in the group) to slide inside to a position that is deemed less valuable on the open market. I wouldn't exactly be happy about that if I was him or his agent. Pugh has earned the right to stay at OT and Beatty doesn't really have the versatility to play inside. That to me means we need to grab an interior guy or at least someone that can play T/G. I'm not thinking Lewan is anything outside of a pure OT.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    not a fan of this..
    Me either. If they drafted Lewan though it's the only thing that makes sense. I'd put Lewan at right tackle and keep the more experienced Beatty at LT. If Lewan holds up well maybe switch those two in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    That's a problem in my mind. It would be tough for me to ask the best guy out of the three (at that moment in time, Pugh has proven to be the best OT in the group) to slide inside to a position that is deemed less valuable on the open market. I wouldn't exactly be happy about that if I was him or his agent. Pugh has earned the right to stay at OT and Beatty doesn't really have the versatility to play inside. That to me means we need to grab an interior guy or at least someone that can play T/G. I'm not thinking Lewan is anything outside of a pure OT.
    I agree with everything your saying. Unfortunately that's the quandrum Pugh will be put in if Lewan is drafted. He's the most versatile of the bunch. Beatty's not going anywhere with that contract.

Pugh has never even played guard.. He's a tackle and a good one

I agree with everything your saying. Unfortunately that's the quandrum Pugh will be put in if Lewan is drafted. He's the most versatile of the bunch. Beatty's not going anywhere with that contract.
    Add that in with Lewan's questionable off the field issues, it just doesn't seem like a match in any facet. As a player, he has a good upside to be a franchise LT but that isn't really what we need to concern ourselves with at this time. Interior help and another proven, consistent weapon on the offense is needed first.