+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: whichever is there.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    I wanted Evans, but now I am willing to consider trading down if a huge need isn't filled at 12.

I think Killdrive's system made it harder for our Receivers as well as our QB. All the thinking and guessing instead of doing.

A system that will scheme our receivers open will only help RR, Jernigans and Cruz take their talent to another level. So I'm fine with going into the regular season with this group if we can fortify our oline and improve our defense.
    Agree with this --- I was thinking we might add an inexpensive vet reciever for depth but go into the season with Randle/Jernigan/Cruz --- use our top picks to bolster defense or improve TE and RB later in the draft.

That said Mike Evans is attractive if sitting there at #12 but I think Ebron is the better athlete/more explosive and fits a need as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Add that in with Lewan's questionable off the field issues, it just doesn't seem like a match in any facet. As a player, he has a good upside to be a franchise LT but that isn't really what we need to concern ourselves with at this time. Interior help and another proven, consistent weapon on the offense is needed first.
    I REALLY hope we don't go after Lewan. If the point would be to move Pugh inside... just get a guard in a later round.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Pugh has never even played guard.. He's a tackle and a good one
    Seriously. Why would you **** with the one sure thing we have on this offensive line?

Keep him at tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post
    Another way to look at this is --- if you keep Pugh/Beatty on the outside you might have 2 solid tackles but no pro-bowl caliber players on the o-line.

If you draft a Lewan at #12 and slide Pugh in at LG or RG --- you could have 2 Pro Bowl caliber lineman.

I think it will depend on Free Agency -- most cost effective plan is to land 2 quality starting guards in Free Agency or 1 guard and 1 center. Then you keep Beatty/Pugh where they are and use your #12 pick to bolster CB/TE/WR/LB -- whatever.
    What makes you think Pugh has a higher ceiling at guard then tackle?
    I think he is just as likely to develop to a pro bowl level at tackle and guard. Maybe even more so at tackle since he has never played on the inside before.

Quote Originally Posted by giantcarll View Post
    In the draft I think we go Lewan if he is there,if not I think we go Ebron.For some reason Reese will not pass(should not) on a tackle like Lewan unless hes gone and how can you not take the best TE when we really dont have one.If they wait or dont want a tackle that means Beatty will be starter again and we should go for Ebron anyway.
    I have no problem with Lewan as a legit franchise LT.

That said -- my preference is to address the O-Line by signing either 2 Guards or 1 guard and 1 center in FA.

Then would prefer we go defense (Gilbert) 1st --- after that Ebron or Evans are not bad options -- same with Barr.

If we don't go Ebron in round #1 --- I really want the ND TE (Niklas) in round 2 or 3 -- but don't think he gets to us in rd 3.

Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    What makes you think Pugh has a higher ceiling at guard then tackle?
    I think he is just as likely to develop to a pro bowl level at tackle and guard. Maybe even more so at tackle since he has never played on the inside before.
    Basing that opinion -- mostly on things I heard from guys like Mayock last year about Pugh.

They said similar things that they are saying about Martin this year --- solid tackle prospect but someone you can slide inside and he's an all pro.

Pugh and Martin are often compared to each other.

Other than that -- I'm really no expert on the matter.

+ Reply to Thread