+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Add that in with Lewan's questionable off the field issues, it just doesn't seem like a match in any facet. As a player, he has a good upside to be a franchise LT but that isn't really what we need to concern ourselves with at this time. Interior help and another proven, consistent weapon on the offense is needed first.
    I wouldn't be a fan of Lewan as the pick either.

i would rather reach for martin at 12 than take Lewan there

Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    Same.

agreed

Any OL outside of Robinson and Matthews at 12 would piss me off honestly lol. I just have a feeling that there will be a skill position player or two that will have too much talent to pass on that high in the draft.

I agree. More versatility.
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Not sure I agree. Lewan is a better player than Martin. I don't really want Lewan either but I would rather him at 12 than Martin

I wanted Evans, but now I am willing to consider trading down if a huge need isn't filled at 12.

I think Killdrive's system made it harder for our Receivers as well as our QB. All the thinking and guessing instead of doing.

A system that will scheme our receivers open will only help RR, Jernigans and Cruz take their talent to another level. So I'm fine with going into the regular season with this group if we can fortify our oline and improve our defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    not a fan of this..
    Another way to look at this is --- if you keep Pugh/Beatty on the outside you might have 2 solid tackles but no pro-bowl caliber players on the o-line.

If you draft a Lewan at #12 and slide Pugh in at LG or RG --- you could have 2 Pro Bowl caliber lineman.

I think it will depend on Free Agency -- most cost effective plan is to land 2 quality starting guards in Free Agency or 1 guard and 1 center. Then you keep Beatty/Pugh where they are and use your #12 pick to bolster CB/TE/WR/LB -- whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Not sure I agree. Lewan is a better player than Martin. I don't really want Lewan either but I would rather him at 12 than Martin
    I take Lewan over Martin at #12 every day --- Martin may be the most over-hyped player in round #1 ---- getting a significant boost from Mayock and the kid is already 23.