+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    If he maintains his new weight and runs as expected on his pro day, I don't think he'll be there in the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    We have WLB, what we don't have is a SLB. But you have to like what Shirza brings.
    we don't have a full time WLB, we have 2 guys fighting for that spot. If you're talking about Ryan Shazier i don't think he'll be there in the 2nd but him and Van Noy would be great options. I still think the best option for WLB is free agency, but i was curious as to what the boards thought about WLB prospects. so far Kirksey is the only one i like.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Shazier please
    +1

Dude is a baller, really wanna see him in blue

Shazier please
    Slip -- with you on Shazier.

Would you be happy if we came away with Gilbert in 1st and Shazier in 2nd --- obviously a lot depending on how free agency shakes out.

I like the thought of adding 2 dynamic - athletic athletes to our back 7 defense.

2nd round. Think there's a good chance he's there
    I wish, but doubt it.

2nd round. Think there's a good chance he's there
    Unfortunately I don't think he will have a shot of being there after his 4.36 40 at his pro day.. that's ridiculous for a LB!

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Marqise Flowers, who I had forgotten about for alittle while(actually mocked em to us in the 7th(before beason) once or twice in like October), just killed it at Arizonas proday. Believe he was clocked in the 4.4's and was said to of killed it in drills. Hes a intriguing guy who actually a converted S, who then went on to lead Arizonas pass rush in 2012 as SLB. So as you can see, he has a nice blend of skills. Hes best suited as WLB in the NFL, as hes not overly physical, nor strong enough for SLB, and his speed, quickness, and ability in the pass game would be best suited on the weakside.

Flowers would be a solid late rd pick.

Reports that Shazier ran sub 4.4 before reinjuring his hamstring.

Josh Norris ‏@JoshNorris 4m
    Update RT @TIM_MAYsports: Ryan Shazier ran a 4.36 40 unofficially then popped a hammy at OSU pro day. "I blew a tire" as he put it.
    -

Story of his OSU career.

Shazier ran that sub 4.4 weighing 237 lbs. Anyone think he could possibly play strong side if he added a few more LB's?

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig