+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    All-Pro

Big week for ELI to move up on QB list

He has a chance to go up to GB and beat AR where he has not lost in 1.5 years.

Even though AR only has 1SB ring like Eli, he is viewed as a better qb. He has put up big numbers in winning SB last season and leading GB to 15-1 this season but Eli did almost same thing in 08 after winning SB. Went 11-1 until plax screwed it up

Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro

Re: Big week for ELI to move up on QB list

Eli had a great game vs AR except for the one pick six to matthews.

If he can go up there and out perform rodgers it could get things in motion tomove himinto the top 3.

also compared to Brees they both have 1SB ring but brees has broken major records and has out preformed Eli in head to head games. That why i hope we can play them againin NFCCG and Eli out play Drew

Then you have Brady. 3SB rings. although Eli has down well head to head in last game of 07 and in the SB. also went up there and ended Bradys 2year streak this season

4-New York Giants!!!!!

All-Pro

Beating and outperfoming those 3 in our next 3 games will give him 2SB Rings and pretty much end all the naysayers questions about him.
    He will also end the discussion about him and peyton...

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="miked1958"]Eli had a great game vs AR except for the one pick six to matthews. If he can go up there and out perform rodgers it could get things in motion tomove himinto the top 3. also compared to Brees they both have 1SB ring but brees has broken major records and has out preformed Eli in head to head games. That why i hope we can play them againin NFCCG and Eli out play Drew Then you have Brady. 3SB rings. although Eli has down well head to head in last game of 07 and in the SB. also went up there and ended Bradys 2year streak this season[/quote]

why does that even matter.....

not busting you I just dont get it. What so you can say Eli is better then Rodgers??

I have news for you even if the Giants win Rodgers is still one of the best QBs in the league hands down and will still be considered a better QB by most.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Finally Rivers and Ben are out of the conversation. As are Flacco, Ryan and Shaub.

Eli already owns Brady. Brady's 3 SB rings are ancient history (And should be accompanied by an asterisk at all times).

In contemporary football Eli has 1 ring to Brady's 0 and Brady is in the Twilight of his career.

Rogers and Brees have a ring each so those two are Eli's contemporaries.

Eli may upstage both of them in these playoffs (Will definately upstage Rogers) . Setting the Stage for the Pundits to next year start the comparisions of whos better.

At which time some posters here who shall remain nameless will say that Eli has suddenly and drastically improved the number of revolutions the ball takes on his throws thus making him a supreme quarterback.

But in the end everyone will be late because I said it first.

Eli is the best in the business.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="miked1958"]Eli had a great game vs AR except for the one pick six to matthews. If he can go up there and out perform rodgers it could get things in motion tomove himinto the top 3. also compared to Brees they both have 1SB ring but brees has broken major records and has out preformed Eli in head to head games. That why i hope we can play them againin NFCCG and Eli out play Drew Then you have Brady. 3SB rings. although Eli has down well head to head in last game of 07 and in the SB. also went up there and ended Bradys 2year streak this season[/quote]

why does that even matter.....

not busting you I just dont get it. What so you can say Eli is better then Rodgers??

I have news for you even if the Giants win Rodgers is still one of the best QBs in the league hands down and will still be considered a better QB by most.

[/quote]
    +1.....although if he got another ring that would shut up a lot of people. I, as well as many Giants fans, know that Eli can get another ring, we knew it even before this year which has turned out to be his best.

I think another ring would shut up all the haters and jealous people that said he got lucky in 07 and how the defense won that championship and all that other garbage. Not only would it shut them up, but all the cowboy clowns could shut their mouth and stop talking about how Romo>Eli.

All-Pro

also on packers boards they are saying Eli has no chance to go up to GB and Beat AR. saying AR has not been beaten there in 1.5 years. and Eli is not in his class...lol

they said the giants were only 1-3 vs payoff teams...losing to GB, NO and SF and only beating Falcons. lol

DId they forget he went up to foxbourgh and Beat NE and stopped a recored where they had not lost back to back games in forever. and also stopped Bradys 2yr home winning streak???

we are 2-3 vs playoff teams and if a few calls went our way in GB game we are 3-2
    Also came within a Hair of beating SF at their place.

SO..this topic is being debated today on ESPN First take. Saying if he wins it soders his legacy and starts getting him mentioned in same sentence as those 3

thoughts

4-New York Giants!!!!!

All-Pro

Man, you Eli folk are nuts. He has ONE, for lack of a better word, "elite" year, and you guys are going crazy. You're comparing him to guys who have been great for years and years.

[quote user="gumby742"]Man, you Eli folk are nuts.* He has ONE, for lack of a better word, "elite" year, and you guys are going crazy.* You're comparing him to guys who have been great for years and years.[/quote]

lol what do you call years and years??
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

All-Pro

[quote user="burier"][quote user="gumby742"]Man, you Eli folk are nuts. He has ONE, for lack of a better word, "elite" year, and you guys are going crazy. You're comparing him to guys who have been great for years and years.[/quote] lol what do you call years and years??[/quote]

At least three.