+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

12th overall pick

At first I was thinking O line definitely...then I was thinking maybe a beast DE. But now I'm thinking if this tight end from UNC Ebron is as good as they say, that may be the way to go. Eli would be so much more dangerous with that added blocking/recieving a great tight end can bring. this will mean they will need to spend money on a free agent o lineman however.

Assuming guys like watkins, robinson, and kony ealy are drafted before the giants pick, as they all probably will be...then I say take Ebron possibly

Ebron is not a blocking TE, I'd rather we go for Evans in the first if he is there...

Quote Originally Posted by thetruest View Post
    Assuming guys like watkins, robinson, and kony ealy are drafted before the giants pick, as they all probably will be...then I say take Ebron possibly
    I'm pretty sure Ealy will be available at #12

Its really gonna depend a bit on what we do in the upcoming free agency signing period. There are just examples, but say we were to sign Captain Munnerylnn, and bring back Trumaine McBride and TT, you got a nice nucleus at CB, so you might pass on Gilbert and Dennard, almost making it certain(never can say 100pct for sure), we'd go in a different direction. One things certain though, it should be a stud, as there will be many to choose from. its actually good at this point, FA'cy will make it alittle easier on Reese and Co..lol

If I had my perfect FA'cy, it'd go something like this. Mind you, i'm not as on point with the numbers as say a Redeye is..

Sign Charles Tillman CB Bears
    Sign Lamaar Houston DT/DE Raiders
    Re-Sign Trumaine McBride
    Re-Sign Terrell Thomas as S/CB Hybrid (completely set at CB, Prince, Tillman, McBride, TT, and Hosley in battle)
    Sign James Starks(a fav fave of mine from his time at buff, he totally fits the giants mold of back and could have big yr for us with improved interior oline)
    Sign Jon Asamoah(I like Schwartz better but I think Asamoah will be slightly cheaper. Asamoah, Tillman, and Houston would be are big FA pickups)
    Re-Sign Kevin Boothe
    I'd check into Stevie Brown and see where his heads at..
    Resign Jim Cordle
    Resign Jon Beason

This would mean, by to guys like Justin Tuck, Mike Patterson, Corey Webster, Peyton Hillis, Andre Brown, Louis Murphy, Diehl(retired), Aaron Ross, Brandon Myers, Hynoski, and Shaun Rodgers, and possibly Stevie Brown if he wants to bit of doe before prooving healthy.

So in my scenario, we probably woulden't take my fave prospect in Aaron Donald, because we'd of spent big on Lamaar Houston, albeit, how intriguing would it be to have Lamaar Houston at DE with Aaron Donald at DT next to Big Hank and JPP on the Dline?? Wowsers! We'd obviously pass on Justin Gilbert, who I also love, and it'd be up in the air for Oline as we'd have Asamoah signed up along with Boothe and Cordle, so we could wait, but Oline would def be in consideration still.

So now, in my scenario were probably looking at Mack, Barr, Ebron, and Evans, I would think.. I'd take Evans in this case.
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 03-06-2014 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Its really gonna depend a bit on what we do in the upcoming free agency signing period. There are just examples, but say we were to sign Captain Munnerylnn, and bring back Trumaine McBride and TT, you got a nice nucleus at CB, so you might pass on Gilbert and Dennard, almost making it certain(never can say 100pct for sure), we'd go in a different direction. One things certain though, it should be a stud, as there will be many to choose from. its actually good at this point, FA'cy will make it alittle easier on Reese and Co..lol

If I had my perfect FA'cy, it'd go something like this. Mind you, i'm not as on point with the numbers as say a Redeye is..

Re-Sign Trumaine McBride
    Re-Sign Terrell Thomas as S/CB Hybrid (completely set at CB, Prince, Tillman, McBride, TT, and Hosley in battle)
    Sign James Starks(a fav fave of mine from his time at buff, he totally fits the giants mold of back and could have big yr for us with improved interior oline)
    Sign Jon Asamoah(I like Schwartz better but I think Asamoah will be slightly cheaper. Asamoah, Tillman, and Houston would be are big FA pickups)
    Re-Sign Kevin Boothe
    Resign Jim Cordle
    Resign Jon Beason

This would mean, by to guys like Justin Tuck, Mike Patterson, Corey Webster, Peyton Hillis, Andre Brown, Louis Murphy, Diehl(retired), Aaron Ross, Brandon Myers, Hynoski, and Shaun Rodgers, and possibly Stevie Brown if he wants to bit of doe before prooving healthy.

So in my scenario, we probably woulden't take my fave prospect in Aaron Donald, because we'd of spent big on Lamaar Houston, albeit, how intriguing would it be to have Lamaar Houston at DE with Aaron Donald at DT next to Big Hank and JPP on the Dline?? Wowsers! We'd obviously pass on Justin Gilbert, who I also love, and it'd be up in the air for Oline as we'd have Asamoah signed up along with Boothe and Cordle, so we could wait, but Oline would def be in consideration still.

So now, in my scenario were probably looking at Mack, Barr, Ebron, and Evans, I would think.. I'd take Evans in this case.
    Would u rather have Houston or Linval?

I think do Starks will be a Giant, 1 of these former Packers will be for sure

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post

Re-Sign Trumaine McBride
    Re-Sign Kevin Boothe
    Resign Jim Cordle
    Resign Jon Beason

Not a bad scenario at all. Although if Mack were ever available at 12 idk how you could pass on him! haha

Tillman would be a great fit for the Giants at the right price. I think realistically speaking in that scenario (seeing as I dont believe Mack is there at 12) I'd also take Evans....then add shazier in the second and a couple other linemen 3 and 4 and were lookin good

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post

I think you're right about that, and if its true i would like it to be starks for sure

although, finding a way to bring DMC here is so dangerously intriguing to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post

Yeah, I think I would take Houston at this point. I know Houston means i'm going away from one of my fave players and my perdicted hopeful 2nd rd pick LInval Joseph(yr he came out), and my Fave Prospect this yr in Aaron Donald, but i'm just all in on Houston. Hes more complete and versatile then Linval, and has prooved it on NFL level, as the reason I'd side with him over Donald.

Yeah, I think Starks makes alot of sense. Fairly cheap, does what Giants like there RB's to do, and has ties to McAdoo. There ya go.lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheManningFam10 View Post
    Not a bad scenario at all. Although if Mack were ever available at 12 idk how you could pass on him! haha

Tillman would be a great fit for the Giants at the right price. I think realistically speaking in that scenario (seeing as I dont believe Mack is there at 12) I'd also take Evans....then add shazier in the second and a couple other linemen 3 and 4 and were lookin good
    It'd be tough passing on Khalil Mack. The reason i'd do it in this scenario, or any, is Damontre Moore. Moore flashed last yr, and might be a standup player, and if he is, I don't know how they get em both on the field. Still, if they took Mack, i'd be excited. But i'm happy with my choice of Mike Evans. I continue to say, Evans and Cruz starting WR duo would make for alot of excited Gmen fans on Sundays.