+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    They moved it right to when to when my inlaws visit every year. Its like they knew...
    LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!! funny...at least for me it is......
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Get Better #80, Hermano !!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    In effect, all they did was move the "dead period" in the offseason to after the combine and before the draft rather than after the draft and before OTAs.
    Well, the lengthy run up to the draft helps with fan, and more importantly, media engagement. It gives people more time to talk about team formation and less time to talk about which player got arrested that week.

i wish they would have moved the draft to APRIL 8th

I didn't even know it was moved. The entire time i'm thinking end of april.lol This blows. But like Xmas and things ur excited for, eventually it'll be here and we'll all be happy to have less time in between the draft and the season, and we'll be watching the draft thinking, welp, this would be long over if they didn't have to move it back this yr. So, even though the wait is gonna suck, in the end, it'll be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I didn't even know it was moved. The entire time i'm thinking end of april.lol This blows. But like Xmas and things ur excited for, eventually it'll be here and we'll all be happy to have less time in between the draft and the season, and we'll be watching the draft thinking, welp, this would be long over if they didn't have to move it back this yr. So, even though the wait is gonna suck, in the end, it'll be worth it.
    Didn't feel like X-mas to me last year at all. I was friggin pissed. I've come around on some of those players but here's to hoping for better presents this year.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Didn't feel like X-mas to me last year at all. I was friggin pissed. I've come around on some of those players but here's to hoping for better presents this year.
    For me, the draft is always like Xmas, as your getting a new group of players(presents), and even if your a nutty draft Guru, you can always be wrong, so the promise of having a nice coup of picks is there no matter what. Not to mention, the draft itself is like Xmas. I love everything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Now we need to wait even longer....

It sucks.

Why move the draft back a few weeks?
    Look at it this way, after this Draft is over its two less weeks to wait for OTAs to start, lol
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

They moved the draft to the weekend right before finals..............noooooooooooo