+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possible moves that would help GMen for years to come....

Possible moves that would help GMen for years to come....

Free Agents:
    - Evan Dietrich-Smith – Center – Green Bay: 28 years old, knows McAdoo’s system and Rodgers has been fighting to keep him on board

- Jon Asamoah – OG – Kansas City: 25, nasty run blocker. I believe he lost his spot due to injury, but is young and should demand much in FA. Could be a steal

Draft:
    - 1st Round: Eric Ebron – TE – UNC: The more I watch this kid and envision potential ways we could use him, he’d be an instant upgrade to any TE we have, would be an immediate threat in the red zone and would immediately put pressure on the middle of opposing defenses/take pressure off of our WR’s

- 2nd Round: Gabe Jackson – OG – Mississippi St.: The kid is the size of a house….and can move. Very nimble for his size, showing the ability to pull in college and is able to block the second level (doesn’t get lost in space). He is a monster of a man and can stale mate DT’s.

With these 4 players we’d add instant youth and depth to our line. That would give us solid run blocking in the interior, as well. With Ebron, we have a solid option at TE with the potential of having a top 5 NFL TE.

What do y'all think? Would you be happy or upset? More importantly, would it even be possible?
    JR....do it, do it!

1- Eric Ebron- TE
    2- Gabe Jackson- OG
    3- Weston Richburg/Marcus Martin- C
    4- Antonio Richardson- OT
    5a- Anthony Johnson- DT
    5b- Marqueston Huff- FS
    6- Aaron Lynch- DE

I like all your moves, especially if Gabe Jackson is still there in round 2. I don't think the Giants have the money for both Asamoah and Evan Dietrich-Smith. It's probably one or the other.

id be totally down for that. have a bad feeling somebody is gonna throw big money at jon though

Quote Originally Posted by Piddy283 View Post
    Free Agents:
    - Evan Dietrich-Smith – Center – Green Bay: 28 years old, knows McAdoo’s system and Rodgers has been fighting to keep him on board

- Jon Asamoah – OG – Kansas City: 25, nasty run blocker. I believe he lost his spot due to injury, but is young and should demand much in FA. Could be a steal

Draft:
    - 1st Round: Eric Ebron – TE – UNC: The more I watch this kid and envision potential ways we could use him, he’d be an instant upgrade to any TE we have, would be an immediate threat in the red zone and would immediately put pressure on the middle of opposing defenses/take pressure off of our WR’s

- 2nd Round: Gabe Jackson – OG – Mississippi St.: The kid is the size of a house….and can move. Very nimble for his size, showing the ability to pull in college and is able to block the second level (doesn’t get lost in space). He is a monster of a man and can stale mate DT’s.

With these 4 players we’d add instant youth and depth to our line. That would give us solid run blocking in the interior, as well. With Ebron, we have a solid option at TE with the potential of having a top 5 NFL TE.

What do y'all think? Would you be happy or upset? More importantly, would it even be possible?
    Would I be happy about this? I'd be THRILLED if the Giants followed this plan. Not only do you prioritize the O-Line in FA, but you address the TE position with another receiving weapon and add more depth to the O-Line in the draft. I would be okay with the Giants letting Linval walk and using the money from forcing Snee and Baas to take paycuts to go after Dietrich-Smith and Asamoah.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Jon Asamoah will be in demand and wont be a 'steal' he will be a cost... a big one. Giants will need to be willing to pay if they want him. But in a perfect world yes it would be great to land all of them.

+ Reply to Thread