+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Out of 10 Mocks I looked at 70% has taking Taylor Lewan

I am not sure that's the BPA at number 12. Of course of we fill our OLine needs in FA this could change. A few had us taking Dennard.. And in almost EVERY Mock I saw Mike Evans being taking directly after us by the Rams. I can see home going on to team up with that speedy WR they drafted last season and creating the greatest show on Turf again...

So would most of you be okay with this pick? I don't think I would.. But all the experts seem to think we will take Taylor
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I'll be pissed if Lewan becomes a NY Giant.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I'll be pissed if Lewan becomes a NY Giant.
    That's what I'm saying. I hope we address the OLine in FA.. I saw only one in 15 Mocks that had us taking Evans or Ebron. And in most of them they both go after we pick...I'd be pissed if they were both there at 12 and we passed

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's face it Nicks is gone. We don't know what we have for sure in either JJ or RR or even at TE which is a Hugh question mark. We need to bring in a big gun. We can fix one of those positions at 12

4-New York Giants!!!!!

I want nothing to do with this guy
    Close or you hit the bricks

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    I want nothing to do with this guy
    We all agree. I've seen a thread in Taylor awhile back..

However as far as WR needs I know all the big names like Watkins, Evans, Lee, Benjamin, Beckham & Landry might be gone to early for the giants to pick them. But this is a very deep WR draft and we can get a guy like Moncrief of Mississippi in middle rounds that could step in and make us forget Nicks

4-New York Giants!!!!!

I've noticed this as well. Their mentality is that our o-line sucked last year so they just mock us the best tackle available. Also the people making the mock drafts never take into account that the giants don't draft players with character concerns in the first round.

Most people making mock drafts don't really have that good of a grasp of each individual teams general drafting philosophy, and often mis-evaluate some teams' needs. Their general concept of making a mock is to come up with each teams top 3 need positions, and then mock the bpa that fits one of those needs, unless there is a player of much higher talent that the mocker has falling.

I think that the best way to view mock drafts is to view as many as you can from people you know at least have some idea of what they are talking about (mostly in terms of player evaluation), and then compare where the different mocks generally slot each player. This gives you a good idea of what part of the draft players are most likely to go, especially for the first half of the draft.

All that said I think we all mostly agree there is no way the giants draft Lewan. These are the players I see us most likely landing (in no particular order):

Mike Evans
    Eric Ebron
    Aaron Donald
    Justin Gilbert
    Jake Matthews
    Anthony Barr (despite many mocks having him drop a few spots lately, I highly doubt he'll be there)

I'd be happy with any of those except for Matthews, because I don't really want a tackle.

Veteran
    According to mock drafts.. Coby Fleener and Alec Olgetree are on the roster right now

I've noticed this myself... Not a fan of it

Mock drafts are stupid. No one ever gets them right.